Demeter and Persephone

Dolphin_Dreamer

Hi faerylvr

My first deck was the mythic tarot, and if you've ever followed the book, it has all the cards, suits etc based on a mythology story. This, I feel is why it was so easy for me to learn and why I didn't have to memorize. Because it was quite simple to remember the stories and then to remember the diff numbers and suits within it. I haven't tried your spread yet but I'm hoping to get thru some of my other build up of 'to-do's' before long to see how it works with it...

Great idea and I hope to see more spreads from you too! :D

PS: Now that I think of it, it was when I started referencing other books and put my mythic to rest (it is really worn down hehe) that things started getting so complicated for me.

Kahlie

Oy! Now that it was weekend I finally got to use this Spread :) Too bad my compromise position basically was: "Don't compromise" LOLz :) (Art Reversed of the Thoth Tarot).

It's definitely nice to look at a dilemma you are having, I wasn't surprised to see such cards as I got though... *bummer* :)

Kahlie

faerylvr

Thanks Kahlie...

I am going to use the spread for the Faery Seerkers Circle for August... we'll have to see how it goes :)

sharpchick

Ooooh, I like the look of this one. I'll try it today and probably post in the Readings Forum.

faerylvr

I saw your postings... I am glad that it worked so well for you.

brujaja

seeds

an interesting idea. the talk about the pomegranite seed struck my interest especially. from where i am, the seed is about grief and hunger, life out of death. like, she's gone down into the world of the death, raped and kidnapped, her mother and whole known life gone....Demeter is sick with grief...if you read the Homeric Hymn to Demeter, you'll see how Demeter can't even eat, she wants none of the food offered her, simply the sacred potion thing. That's age -- what's lost cannot be recreated (try as she might with the human child). But Persephone, even amidst her grief and trauma, feels hunger....hunger for fruit again, for juice and life and new beginnings even deep in Hades...that's youth, or part of it, to me...maybe that's where compromise works in as well.

Just my newbie two cents -- ;)
peace