Book of Law Study Group 1.16

Grigori

This one is interesting, and I'm not sure how to read it. The winged secret flame is obviously Hadit, and the stooping starlight Nuit. But I'm less sure about who the Sun is and who the moon. Is it also Hadit and Nuit? Or is the Sun the Beast and the Moon the Scarlet woman from the previous verse?

It would seem this is a carry on from what Aeon posted in the previous verse, about the Beast and the Scarlet Woman being a lesser version of Hadit/Nuit or other equivalents. But if that is so the next line confuses me....

But ye are not so chosen.

Aeon418

similia said:
It would seem this is a carry on from what Aeon posted in the previous verse, about the Beast and the Scarlet Woman being a lesser version of Hadit/Nuit or other equivalents. But if that is so the next line confuses me....
Whenever the word "not" or "all" appears in the text, it's usually a sign that something else is being said. It's time to sit up and take notice.

Nuit is Not. If Ye (Yod Heh) are Not, they are chosen. If choice at such a level is possible? I wonder if that means Sun and Moon can't be separated? Both togther, or none.

But bear in mind that this is verse 17. The Star or the 17th path of Zain - Gemini? Does the Ye have a double meaning? Could it be the rest of the Tree below the Abyss?
In the next two verses (18 & 19) there is mention of "their" and "them". To me that suggests the "Other", which can only exist below the Abyss.

Aeon418

Verse 16. The 16th path of Vau and the Hierophant. Symbol of the HGA.

For he is ever a sun, and she a moon.
Oddly enough we've just been talking about this in another thread. :laugh: The Sun and Moon conjoined is another form of the Mark of the Beast. The union of the Cross and the Circle, the Phallus and the Yoni, and the completion of the Great Work.

But to him is the winged secret flame, and to her the stooping starlight.
The formulation of the hexagram? The rising masculine and the descending feminine.

Always Wondering

To me this emphases that 0=1 is not ideal. The sun and the moon will not exist without the other. They will follow each other round and round for 0=2. It is this that brings out the scarlet in women and the beast in men. The instinct that drives us to others and/or to Nuit through HGA. Both, together, or none.

AW

Beira

These verses are quite deep.
At an intuitive level, the line conveys to me the interplay of Hadit/Sun and Nuit/Moon, how they are impossible to be conceived separately, especially below the abyss. And, connecting to the next line, this is the reason why they are chosen (as beast a d SW?).
I also see the representation of the Hexagram as the union of the masculine and feminine energies, their mutual need of each other, in prder tl bring forth manifestation