Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Help! My Thoth deck dislikes me!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Archer View Post
thank you Barleywine. I just noticed your post
Hmm, according to this wiki site, the hieroglyphic word for "house" is a logogram (picture representing a word) translated as "pr" and pronounced "per." I'm wondering if "Atu" might be hieratic (the language used to conduct day-to-day business). I'll see if I can find out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptia...imple_examples

ETA: Well, maybe it ends here:

"The French word for trump, atous, was metamorphosized into an egyptianate ATU and a thin overlay of mythology added, without explaining why there are twenty-two of these "Egyptian" archetypes. Crowley is the pinnacle of this achievement. Follow the development of the idea in the History of Egyptian Tarot and Egyptomania—How Tarot Became Egyptian."

This came from here, a rather vociferous attack on the Golden Dawn's corruption of the true attributions of the tarot Trumps to the Hebrew alphabet (they attribute it to English "gentlemen" mucking around with something they had no clue about):

http://www.psyche.com/psyche/tarot/R...ot/index5.html
Top   #51

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.