Sweet Twilight - The Lovers

MizGrace

Good to see you here Ana Luisa :) its such a fun deck reminds me of Tim Burton artwork I am constantly drawn to think of Johnny Depp that's not a bad thing really. The lovers looks a little like Pirates of the Caribbean J.Depp.What would happen if captain Jack dated Kira during the film. reminds me that moment when in the sand she tempts him jokingly and grabs his bottle of rum.

ana luisa

Good to see you here Ana Luisa :) its such a fun deck reminds me of Tim Burton artwork I am constantly drawn to think of Johnny Depp that's not a bad thing really. The lovers looks a little like Pirates of the Caribbean J.Depp.What would happen if captain Jack dated Kira during the film. reminds me that moment when in the sand she tempts him jokingly and grabs his bottle of rum.

That's true, it does! Glad to be here too. This deck is a puzzle to me. I do not like Tim Burton movies nor his vibe/art/philosophy. It has A LOT of value and that this man has in bunches but it's not for me... Funnily enough, I felt attracted to the Sweet Twilight. Probably because of the ridiculous amount of symbols in each card! So much so that I don't use this deck as Tarot but as an oracle. The expressions, the feel, the color, the symbols give me the message. Not the suits or the numbers. It doesn't work with this deck. I will go over the other threads to see if they study some cards that are too enigmatic for me. You'll be seeing me around :D

MizGrace

I dont understand using the tarot as an oracle. I have only known of using oracle cards as an oracle. how is this done do you have to remove cards so its only so many cards in the deck? I cant get my head around this method.Care to share this Ana Luisa? if its too private nps.

ana luisa

I dont understand using the tarot as an oracle. I have only known of using oracle cards as an oracle. how is this done do you have to remove cards so its only so many cards in the deck? I cant get my head around this method.Care to share this Ana Luisa? if its too private nps.

Private ? No! I simply do not take account of the card as Tarot would label it. For instance, take the Emperor from the Sweet Twiligh. Usually, the tradicional meaning would imply sterness, control, rules and dominance. Now, in the TST, to me, the image says something completely different. And that's what I go by. To me, the fact that he is split in two may come as bipolar, as moody, as two-faced or as a person who has a double life. See where I'm getting at ? I do not consider it being the emperor but read what the image shows. That's what I call using it as an oracle. Maybe the term I used is not appropriate...

Amigone

SO many details in this card... when I first got the deck, I thought this was a sweet card. But upon further observation, some things came to mind.

Yes, they are in love. They took a chunk of the world only for themselves. There's nothing more than the two of them. Like the world didn't exist but for their presence. There is their long hair (no braids, no knots, secrets being revealed). They both let their hair down, feel absolutely at ease with each other. The rose shows passion that is growing from friendship (hence the pink lilies). However, there is not a total balance here. I would say that in this relationship, she has already "surrendered" while he hasn't. The roses are on her side of the world while the lily is on his. She is totally naked while he isn't. Her face is being held by him while he is peeking at the reader, not completely "in the moment".
In short, this could be the start of something big but it is not quite there.

This is my favorite and most used deck. I noticed this about the Lovers as well, that it seemed very one sided.

It's also interesting that it lacks that third figure usually found on a love card (the angel or priest or what have you) because that brings to mind the stability. So a structure can't stand on just two points, you need a third to make it stable.

I feel like this card is pointing to romantic love which may not be forever love and often doesn't have the stability it needs to last.