Book of Law Study Group 1.33-1.34

Always Wondering

Oh, okay. I get it. I thought we we talking daemons again.
I have taken to thinking of rituals and HGA as types of interfaces so maybe I am not so far off.

The tax season confusion is slowly lifting. Yippie.
Now I will order that book and figure out what your new signature says. :laugh:

Nobody tell me, it's curiosities like this that get me motivated. :laugh:

AW

Always Wondering

לאשטאל = abracadabra = I create as I speak = the ten different things one could make out of this with Gematria.

θέλημα (Greek, very tricky) = will, wish or purpose also, but I suspect will.

ויאעו = VIAOV a Thelemic magic formula = 93= love.

αγάπη (more Greek, should I just go ahead and order a Greek encyclopdia also?:laugh:) = love

אומגנ = aumgm, could be amen but I don't think it's going to be that easy. I'm reading about it, lots of formula in there.

אבראהאדאברא = Abrahadabra, again lots of formula.

Well it says a lot more than a sentence. I will be thinking about it for a while. Does something like this make a simple sentence? It seems pretty close to Love is the law, love under will.

Why the Greek?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
לאשטאל = abracadabra = I create as I speak = the ten different things one could make out of this with Gematria.
You got the rest right, but not this one.

Lamed, Aleph, Shin, Teth, Aleph, Lamed. LAShTAL = 93

LA = 31
AL = 31
Sh = Atu XX (20)
T = Atu XI (11) = 31
Always Wondering said:
ויאעו = VIAOV a Thelemic magic formula = 93= love.
It's Crowley's reformulation of IAO. In the Aeon of Osiris it encapsulated the dying god formula and it's system of initiation. Life, death, and resurrection in a higher state.

But according to Thelema this idea of perfecting (through suffering) a thing that is already perfect is absurd. Incarnation is now seen as a process whereby experience is obtained.

VIAOV

Vau: the original perfect Star-self.

Yod: Incarnation. The hiding of the light within matter.

Aleph: Born as the the Fool who wanders the earth having various (mis)adventures. Completely enlightened, yet completely unaware of this fact.

Ayin: The Fool matures and remembers who he/she is and the purpose of incarnation. Spirit fully expressed through matter.

Vau: The True Self emerges again as itself. Completely unharmed by it's adventures while clothed in matter, but enriched and enlarged by it's experiences.
Always Wondering said:
אומגנ = aumgm, could be amen but I don't think it's going to be that easy. I'm reading about it, lots of formula in there.
AUMGN. The termination MGN = 93
Always Wondering said:
Why the Greek?
Thelema and Agape are Greek words. Greek letters are also numbers and can be used for the purposes of gemetria just like Hebrew.

Always Wondering

Oh boy, I've got a lot to learn. Looks like I need more practice on my Aleph, Beth, Gimels. :grin:

vau How do we get from nail, hook or pin to original, perfect star self? :confused:

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Oh boy, I've got a lot to learn. Looks like I need more practice on my Aleph, Beth, Gimels. :grin:

I think I need the playschool tarot. "This tarot deck was brought to you by the letter Heh, and the number Tzaddi" :laugh:

Always Wondering said:
vau How do we get from nail, hook or pin to original, perfect star self? :confused:

I think this is a Heirophant thing. Heirophant, (card 5) is attributed to Vau (number 6). 5=6, the microcosm/pentagram joined to the macrocosm/hexagram. The process of initiation.

Always Wondering

similia said:
I think I need the playschool tarot. "This tarot deck was brought to you by the letter Heh, and the number Tzaddi" :laugh:

Hay, they have those. Hebrew home school flash cards. I was looking at them today.

You would think some of this stuff would wear off on me. But I guess the unconscious can't do all the work.

similia said:
I think this is a Heirophant thing. Heirophant, (card 5) is attributed to Vau (number 6). 5=6, the microcosm/pentagram joined to the macrocosm/hexagram. The process of initiation.

That makes sense.
Duh.
I am positive I have a mental block.
Pure stubbornness. :|

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
You already know this. ;)

Every man and every woman is a star. And every star is a Union (Vau) of Nuit and Hadit.

Always Wondering

I get out of my comfortable element, panic over all I don't know, and go blank. :|

But you guys have been so sweet about it.

AW

Beira

Thelema is to me more and more a spiritual development unique for each individual taking the Path.
As for my own experience, the LBRP brought great development and massive changes in my life in just 6 months daily practice.
Now I am willing to add Resh to my daily routine, but I am not very familiar with the egyptian pantheon, so I am in the process of getting to know the gods I am going to work with.
Even tho I see them more as energies to introduce in my daily practice, studying their myths and drawing their images is helping me understand what it is that I am calling into/ drive away from my life.
Besides the outer form of the rituals, I think the important part of the work is in the meditations and the changes they bring about in one's way of understanding the world and the place one wants to take in it.. one's True Will..
Thus I understand very well how Nuit refuses to write, and leaves to each of us the task to find our own way of worshipping.. If she wouldn't do this, we would end up with just another dogmatic religion where our relationship with the Divine is pre-digested by somebody else, be it even a Goddess..
And just in those last few days, it has dawned on me to start using not only the invoking or evoking Pentagram of Earth in my LBRP, depending on what I feel I need on that day, (or if I feel neutral, connecting them to my daily meditation over elements-planets-zodiac signs..)
I think I have read that even in GD practices the pentagram of Earth is given quite as an example, and as the most general one to use for beginners.. but I don't think it would be wrong to alternate it weith the other pentagrams.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong..

I think I don't have very well the connection between Book of Law on one side, and rituals and ordeals on the others.
I like studying the BoL, but I don't agree with it in full.. I would call myself more of a hermetic practitioner than a Thelemite..
Resh would be a step towards Thelema, but again seeing it as energies to deal with I tend to stay general and keep myself close but not into Thelema.

I will work on it, but still I am drawn to explore and include in my practice different traditions.. I still feel far more confident working with my original celtic pantheon than with the Thelemic one.
I do my ceremonial rituals with the Hebrew names (even tho still thinking in terms of energies, as I have explained), but for my Low Magick works (which are quite a few) I stick to my celtic pantheon..

Any thoughts? I would love to hear other's opinions..
Thanks

Michael Sternbach

I too am first and foremost a Hermeticist (and that's a wide definition).

And my mind too likes to sometimes play with Crowley's system, see what unique insights it might trigger, occasionally being amazed at its aptness, but without ever submitting to it as THE truth.

And I somehow think that AC would consent.