Sabian Symbols Study Group: Libra 16 - #196

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LIBRA
Degree: 16
Number: 196

Symbol: AFTER THE STORMS OF WINTER, A BOAT LANDING STANDS IN NEED OF RECONSTRUCTION.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 195.jpg
    195.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 307

Adjustment

This symbol to me is very similar to the aftermath of the tower. when our life al of the sudden falls appart, then we either have the choice to rebuild our life again or leaving things a mess.

MCsea

Adjustment said:
This symbol to me is very similar to the aftermath of the tower. when our life al of the sudden falls appart, then we either have the choice to rebuild our life again or leaving things a mess.

Well put, I agree, and sometimes its not about how physically hard it is or emotionally hard it is to reconstruct - but how hard it is to clean up and let the broken stuff go...

blessings

MARINA

tink27

I don’t quite see this as the energy of the tower. I’m still considering this though. The Tower represents more of our ego, not the structure. This symbol seems to point to the rhythm of our inner and outer worlds and the balance between the two. Perhaps this dock was built by our grandfather, our father or even further down the line. We tried to repair and renovate, but mother nature had a different idea. Now the dock is hanging on for dear life. And what is it that’s hanging on exactly? Perhaps old ways of doing things, the familiar way that we stubbornly cling to because it feels safe, secure.

Could it be we’re not listening to our heart, to our own desires…..instead, we are listening and following to the way of others…..and their way just maybe outmoded. Perhaps Nature, the Creator, wants us to divorce ourselves from these people, concepts and ideals and start anew.

Maybe it was because we listened to others instead of listening to our own heart. Giving our power away to others sometimes will show itself as a negative expression of our energy. This could leave us feeling drained and disappointed in close encounters of a personal kind. When things get bad, or we really feel hurt, we always seem to figure out a way to restore balance in our life. We need to be aware when our boundaries have been crossed, we need to have a degree of self-protection built into our nature.

Also Docks allow boats to come close to shore, so people, sailors can travel inland disembark to visit friends and socialize in different places. Without a dock we’re stuck at a halfway point between the water and the shore. Perhaps the dock consisted of outdated material, yesterday’s thinking. Maybe we aren’t meant to dock yet but travel through uncharted waters and transcend old habits and belief systems. Then again, maybe we aren’t meant to travel yet either. It takes a lot of work and discipline to move something that needs shifting. And to do this we need to stand centered amidst the chaos and wait for something that will motivate us into action. Then we can look at becoming the builder and the creator……tearing down the old structure and building it into a new form.

tink :love:

MCsea

I see this as close to 'me' rather than my astrology - as I AM a MARINA - a boat landing if you like AND I have people 'dock' and get re-stocked through my spirit - my help.. and sometimes I am wrecked and the ships (people) just have to find somewhere else to stop for rest... hmmmmm

Numerology: 196
Sabian Symbol: A boat landing washed away
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Respite
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Renal arteries
Crystal Element: Blue Fluorite
Expression: Blue Fluorite is a naturally-occurring variety of fluorite. Blue Fluorite promotes inner peace and emotional balance by releasing worry and fear.
Sun Focus: You speak up for yourself and others with a clear voice and a strong heart.
Affirmation: I feel relaxed and rejuvenated.