A spread to show other people involved in querant's situation?

Gareth84

Greetings. I have been reading since 1999 for friends and for myself. However, I have a bit of a weakness and I am hoping that perhaps it's my choice of spread that is the problem. I tend to use past-present-future and the Celtic Cross. Here's my issue: I focus very much on the person the querant is asking about (especially when I'm reading for myself) and so I am often blindsided by someone I didn't even think about when doing the reading. Here's a perfect example--something that occurred in the past few days:
I am a woman in the middle or prime of my life, depending on how you look at it. Several months ago I met a man who, well, I think I am falling in love with him. Let's call him Ben. He seems very, very attracted to me sexually, but I want a real relationship, after all, he truly makes my heart sing. So, after more of the one-step-forward-two-steps-back dance we've been doing, I did past-present-future to see if there is something I can do to put this relationship on the path that I would feel more comfortable with. The significator card (the one under the three cards spread horizontally) was the 2 of Cups. "Perfect!" I thought, the cards know exactly what I'm asking about. The past card was the 2 of Swords, impasse. Oh, goody! They really get it! The stand-off is behind me! The present was The Lovers. Well, hot damn, that's grand! The future was the Ace of Cups. Wonderful! But, I hadn't heard from Ben in a couple of days. Two hours later, Mark, an old boyfriend from years ago who's been flirting his behind off with me lately, showed up at my door to bemoan his present relationship and try to finagle sex. I like Mark, he's a sweet guy, but he is definitely NOT who I was asking about. He wasn't even on my mind. How is it that the cards can "miss" the person you're thinking of, constantly? Or, is there a specific spread I can do that will show me not just the role of the person I'm falling in love with, but anyone else who might, say, show up on my doorstep? Is there a kind of "cast of characters" spread?

Hemera

moderator note

Just as a reminder to everyone and to avoid confusion: Please post readings in Your Readings sub forum.
HERE is a link to Tarot Spreads rules.

Hemera

I like Mark, he's a sweet guy, but he is definitely NOT who I was asking about. He wasn't even on my mind. How is it that the cards can "miss" the person you're thinking of, constantly? Or, is there a specific spread I can do that will show me not just the role of the person I'm falling in love with, but anyone else who might, say, show up on my doorstep? Is there a kind of "cast of characters" spread?
Hi Gareth84 :) I´m sure you have already found our Tarot Spreads Index. There are several that you could try or perhaps modify to suit your needs.

But it´s tricky, I know.. if I constantly get mixed messages from my cards I usually either just leave it and stop asking (maybe the cards are saying I´m not supposed to know?) *or* (and this might be your solution) go and exchange a reading with someone. You could try Reading Exchanges and Reading Circles as soon as you have 25 posts. Or you could post your reading and your full interpreatation of it to Your Readings and see how other members comment on it and what they think about it. (Please read THIS before you post, though :) )