Crowley: not The God, just a god.

ravenest

absinthetarot said:
If there are any Thelemites on here i would love to talk about Crowleyania or whatever.

Where'd you go?

Abrac

Crowley was a god? :laugh: Now that's what makes me laugh. He was just human, with strengths and frailties like any other human. Unfortunately his frailties mostly outweighed his strengths.

ravenest

Abrac said:
Crowley was a god? :laugh: Now that's what makes me laugh. He was just human, with strengths and frailties like any other human. Unfortunately his frailties mostly outweighed his strengths.

Hang on a minute now Abrac ... isnt that the whole point of Uncle Al's philosophy? Sure we are " just human, with strengths and frailties like any other human" but also God. Or have I got his philosophy wrong?

"There is no god but Man."

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Book 4 isnt in print at the moment? Bummer.
No, Book 4 is still in print. I was talking about Confessions and Eye in the Tri.
ravenest said:
'Magick Without Tears' perhaps?
Now that is out of print. :laugh:

Abrac

ravenest said:
Hang on a minute now Abrac ... isnt that the whole point of Uncle Al's philosophy? Sure we are " just human, with strengths and frailties like any other human" but also God. Or have I got his philosophy wrong?

"There is no god but Man."
I can see your point and to some extent I agree, we are all in control up to a point. That very well may have been Crowley's philosophy, but for a person to identify themself as a "god" is purely delusional. That's just my opinion.

ravenest

Well, call me delusional then. I am a god.

I am reminded of Fridays statement in 'Fridays Island' (The story of Robinson Crusoe retold from Friday's view - its a MUST guys!)
(Summary)
'Master' (Crusoe) is explaining english Theology to Friday,
F; 'But Master, God is all around us, he is not just one thing."
M: "Alright, show me one."
Friday points to a tree, a rock a banana.
M: "Good Lord man! You can't worship a banana!"
F: "Of course you can, you pick it lovingly, you peel it lovingly, you say thank you to it and you eat it, keeling how good it is in your stomach and the life it gives you."
M; "Rediculous, show me another of your Gods."
Friday points to himself.
M: "That's blasphemy! Show me another God."
Friday points to Master.
M:" Well, now Friday I know I might SEEM like a god TO YOU, but actually I am just a Man ... but an Englishman however. I can see how you are confused"
F: "I know you are just a man AND an Englishman master, but you are also a god, and one day as you grow and understand more you will realise that you ARE a god, and then you will better about yourself and maybe even love yourself as much as I love bananas."
M; "It always come back to bananas with you Friday, this is rediculous." he walks off.