Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

furiana

Cat* said:
May I ask why you pledged not to read for yourself?
I tend to read first and live later, to put it bluntly. I want to change that. Plus, I'm really, really prone to "analysis paralysis" :p and reading for myself adds to that!

Be sure to let us know how studying the numbers side-by-side works out. I did that when I first got my Druidcraft, and it helped a *lot*!

afrosaxon said:
The daily draws, sometimes, are quite literal :laugh:
Can we get an example? :D

thorhammer

furiana said:
Can we get an example? :D
The IDS Daily Draws thread is here, in case that's of interest to you, furiana.

\m/ Kat

afrosaxon

thorhammer said:
The IDS Daily Draws thread is here, in case that's of interest to you, furiana.

\m/ Kat

I think she meant an example of tarot's literalness, Kat. :laugh:

Let's see...I do mind/body/spirit draws. One day, for "Body", I drew 3 of Cups. Turns out I'd started ovulation. :D A few days later, I drew Yemaya--The Moon in the same position. .A few days after that, I got Phoenix [Death] in that same position. A few days again, it was the 3 of Cups again. LOL

T.

Onyx

Checking in

I'm having a blast on my IDS! It has been a very enriching period so far and I am encountering just the wonderful energy of reading and discovering how I am able to use the cards.

Abandoning the pressure of "getting it right" I am seeing that I am just listening and not over thinking it.

How fun it is to get in touch with the cards. I forgot how much fun the Reveleations deck is. It has been over a year since I have used it and coming back to it is like catching up with an old friend. It is fun, deep and welcoming. I have even used it in different ways than I had before and it is giving me just wonderful results.

Allan

thorhammer

Good for you, Allan! It's brilliant that you've found a deck that you have so much fun with from the outset, and I know exactly how you feel. Remember there will be hard times - and the best way to cope with those times when you hate your deck, and really want to reach for another old friend, is to cast your mind back to right now, to when you're having so much fun with it. Because it does come back. I promise :)

\m/ Kat

furiana

afrosaxon said:
Let's see...I do mind/body/spirit draws. One day, for "Body", I drew 3 of Cups. Turns out I'd started ovulation. :D A few days later, I drew Yemaya--The Moon in the same position. .A few days after that, I got Phoenix [Death] in that same position. A few days again, it was the 3 of Cups again. LOL

T.

Woooow! Lol! It's even better coming from the "Daughters of the Moon," no?

(Incidentally, Kat, that thread *does* interest me! :p )

easternsunrise

I'm loving the Inner Child Cards, I talked with customer service at Bear and Company and they are sending me replacement cards for my used deck. 4 of them had marks that made them obvious in a spread but they are sending replacements out today. I just love the artwork and meanings...they are so accurate and get to the heart of the matter. The Wizard card is especially powerful.

Disa

I'm so glad to see how everyone is progressing with their decks! It looks like all is going well. Are there any who are having trouble? Come out come out wherever you are. We'll get you back on track.

Afrosaxon you continue to inspire me.

furiana(love yer name) I keep seeing your Druidcraft studygroup posts and it's all I can do to keep my eyes away from there and fight the urge to get my deck. I love the Druidcraft- it's my all time fave(Hmm I may have to do an IDS with it some day)

As for me, I'm working happily with my Buckland Romani. Have not even picked up the Bohemian Gothic and it's possible that I just wont(though I did buy a journal for it). I think just knowing I gave myself permission to use it makes me feel better.

Good luck everyone!

Alamaris

Trundling along with the Thoth. I'd call this first week or so a neutral one, because while I didn't have the urge to buy any new decks or switch to one I already had, I didn't do much reading and I didn't do ANY studying. And this is a deck that not only requires study...it demands it. I'm finding myself looking forward to October, when I plan to use the Halloween tarot for a month or two.

I've tentatively rethought my deck choice, but shoved those thoughts aside -- for better or for worse, I'm sticking it out with the Thoth. I'm having a horrible phase in my life at the moment for brain-fog and depression, but I'm keeping my worries at bay until late July, when I finally get to see the psychiatrist I've been referred to. I thought I'd never want to get back into that routine, after being shuttled from mental health facility to mental health facility for most of my adolescent years, but I'm actually looking forward to it. If she's open to things like that, I may suggest somehow working with the tarot therapeutically. Hey, its worth a shot!

If I don't manage to get any readings done for friends over the weekend or on Monday night, I think I'll offer up some readings for exchange or feedback in that subforum. I'm quite tired and out of it, but I feel like I could use the practice, and keeping my mind occupied would probably be a good thing.

furiana

easternsunrise - are the Inner Child cards tarot, or an oracle? They sound beautiful!

Disa said:
furiana(love yer name)
Thanks!

Disa said:
I love the Druidcraft- it's my all time fave(Hmm I may have to do an IDS with it some day)

Hey, I would support that! I love it, too! ;) I can't say its my fave, though; I haven't seen many decks in person. All of... three?... plus the Sacred Path medicine cards.

(Now you have me wanting to check out the Buckland Romani. Shall we call it even? :p )

Alamaris, I hope you adore your new psychiatrist! I know it's a month in the future, but hey. :)