Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

SolSionnach

Alamaris said:
So, here I go again after a little hiccup, restarting my IDS on July 1st with the Circle Of Life tarot. I'm planning on doing card studies with this one -- I'm curious about all its secrets.
Good for you, grrl! I'm looking forward to what you come up with using the Circle of Life. :)

jema

amagad i am sooo bad, i know i was gonna do IDS with tarot of the spirit but ever since i made the trade with Scion i am now waiting for my Servants of the Light to come and i can't even THINK about any other deck so will restart IDS with that one instead. it is the deck i been wanting for more then 7 years...

and it is ON THE WAY to me :-D

:love:

afrosaxon

working harder, not smarter

I noticed this during my first IDS, but it's really irritating me now.

I write my IDS notes by hand in a journal. I like it this way, it helps me focus.

BUT...my IDS decks have study groups on AT that are incomplete. So I post my notes to help complete them...which means transcribing my notes and typing them into a Word document, which I then copy/paste into thread updates in the study groups.

Which means I'm writing them twice.

Yes, I could just skip the middleman and type my IDS notes, but I like having the journals...they're my personal LWBs.

*sigh* So irritating.

T.

Skimo

Hello everyone,

I feel like I am going to IDS with the Archeon until Halloween.

My LARP is finally cancelled, but since I trimmed and umbra-ed this deck I feel really connected to it.

punchinella

thorhammer said:
Morgan Greer Study Group - if you go to the Study Groups subforum, one of the notes at the top is the Index, which is in alphabetical order. You can find the link there :)
Oh, my god, here I am putting my index finger horizontally up to my lips & wiggling it while saying "aaaaaa"

Seriously, do I feel like an idiot or what. (Thanks for the link though.)

And also Cat, thanks for the link to the form. It kind of reminds me of 21 Ways. I think, given enough time :eek: that I might opt for both form & open meditation :D

SolSionnach

Skimo said:
Hello everyone,

I feel like I am going to IDS with the Archeon until Halloween.

My LARP is finally cancelled, but since I trimmed and umbra-ed this deck I feel really connected to it.
Hey Skimo,
That sounds like a good choice, particularly since you feel really bonded with the Archeon. When I had it I considered trimming it (it's much better that way, IMO), but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to remember some of the cards, so I went ahead and sold it.
Perhaps we'll "Maat" together after this IDS? ;)

Sravana

thorhammer

afrosaxon said:
I noticed this during my first IDS, but it's really irritating me now.

I write my IDS notes by hand in a journal. I like it this way, it helps me focus.

BUT...my IDS decks have study groups on AT that are incomplete. So I post my notes to help complete them...which means transcribing my notes and typing them into a Word document, which I then copy/paste into thread updates in the study groups.

Which means I'm writing them twice.

Yes, I could just skip the middleman and type my IDS notes, but I like having the journals...they're my personal LWBs.

*sigh* So irritating.

T.
I understand, totally! I've got the same problem, and last night I was really naughty and posted my thoughts on the Fours straight in, without writing them. Because . . . *drumroll* . . . I'm worse than you. I've journalled with mine, then as I typed them, I changed words and added stuff in, and I fully intend to write them all out neatly on A4 paper and put them into my ring binder. So I'm triple-handling mine! :D

Skimo ~ sorry to hear your LARP was cancelled :( That's a bit sad. But I'm glad you've bonded so nicely with the Archeon (must take a look at that sucker).
punchinella said:
Oh, my god, here I am putting my index finger horizontally up to my lips & wiggling it while saying "aaaaaa"

Seriously, do I feel like an idiot or what. (Thanks for the link though.)

And also Cat, thanks for the link to the form. It kind of reminds me of 21 Ways. I think, given enough time :eek: that I might opt for both form & open meditation :D
I didn't mean to make you feel like a dummy!!!! I wanted to help . . . *hides behind hands* Sorry!

You're right about that form - it does go over a lot of the same ground as 21 Ways (to me, at least, who made it to Step 8 in the book :rolleyes:). It's a bit too rigid for me, but no doubt I could benefit from some rigidity! I need some dscipline . . .

Today is the day. I got the Fours done last night, and want to do the Tarot Tree Level Four today and move onto either Level Five or the Threes. I feel like I'm in the home straight, which is kind of good, but also kind of bad because I'm getting more and more impatient :D. I'm dwelling on the Thoth and Liber T, which I'm not allowing myself to even get out of their bags because last time pored over them (when I got them in trade) I felt like they were fishooks in my brain, and not the little ones for hobby fishermen, either - more like the huge lengths of them that commercial fishing boats hang out behind them, with hundreds of hooks . . . Okay, too graphic :D I know. So I'm focussing on the Wheel of Change, to *finish* it. Then I might have a week's break or so, and then move on.

I really need to stop thinking ahead.

\m/ Kat

SolSionnach

Oh Kat,
WoC is a *much* better and more interesting deck than Thoth and Liber T!
(sravana runs and hides from Emily and Scion!)

No, really. You aren't missing anything - WoC is a great deck and deserving of your full attention.

Better?

thorhammer

Absolutely! Thanks :love: you're a sweetie :) And you're right. It's just that I thought this deck would be something that it's not, and I'm still looking for that something and know I'll find it in the Thoth/Liber T. But I'm happy to wait, really I am.

\m/ Kat

PolarBear

Nearly there

Hi all,
thought I'd update people with my progress - and hopefully spread some encouragement among the newbies to the IDS.

My 3 month IDS officially ends on Friday but I haven't gone through all the cards in the way I wanted to (kitchen refurbishment has rather takn over my life at the moment!). Getting to grips with basic card meanings of the Llewelyn (which is a RWC for those people not familiar with it) was one of the main reasons I took up the IDS, so I am going to extend the IDS for as long as it takes to get trhough all the cards.

I have been reading tarot for some years now but, to my shame, have never really done a proper study of the meanings (which I need, because I am not a terribly intuitive reader - it's just a personality thing!) I've spent so long looking for the perfect deck and restarting my studies with each new candidate, that nothing was really sticking.

This has changed with the IDS, though - I am happy to say. I have broken my pledge a couple of times by doing online readings with other decks in times of stress - but *only* a couple of times, and I haven't physically used another deck. I've found that sticking to one deck has really hepled clear and calm my mind.

So, to those people who are just starting out and finding it hard going, stick with it ... it's worth it in the end.
And don't beat youeself up if you have the odd slip, just get back on the IDS wagon!!

Love 'n' hugs ..

Polar Bear