Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Skimo

sravana said:
Hey Skimo,
That sounds like a good choice, particularly since you feel really bonded with the Archeon. When I had it I considered trimming it (it's much better that way, IMO), but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to remember some of the cards, so I went ahead and sold it.
Perhaps we'll "Maat" together after this IDS? ;)

Sravana

Yes, I intend to study the Maat after and I would be pleased if we do it together.

Cat*

PolarBear said:
I have broken my pledge a couple of times by doing online readings with other decks in times of stress - but *only* a couple of times, and I haven't physically used another deck. I've found that sticking to one deck has really hepled clear and calm my mind.
Just in case you would like to use the Llewellyn for your online readings, too, here's a link where you can do just that. :)

Emily

sravana said:
Oh Kat,
WoC is a *much* better and more interesting deck than Thoth and Liber T!
(sravana runs and hides from Emily and Scion!)

No, really. You aren't missing anything - WoC is a great deck and deserving of your full attention.

Better?

LOL - I've used the Wheel of Change too and also felt that it would have been a great deck to get into - I love colourful decks and the WoC is that. :) (But I don't think I'll be changing }) )

SolSionnach

thorhammer said:
Absolutely! Thanks :love: you're a sweetie :) And you're right. It's just that I thought this deck would be something that it's not, and I'm still looking for that something and know I'll find it in the Thoth/Liber T. But I'm happy to wait, really I am.
\m/ Kat
I'm reminded of a very haughty taroist who said that the only decks to use were Thoth and Tarot of the Spirit. If you like evocative pips, you might find the ToS to your liking. She thought that it was as deep as Thoth, fwiw.
OR, you could just wait for Scion's book to come out, and go with Liber T, and be done with it! Me, I find Thoth/Liber T to be a bit dark for my tastes. No, dark is not that right word for it - more like darkly esoteric. I'm not interested in where those decks might take me, at least not right now.
Skimo said:
Yes, I intend to study the Maat after and I would be pleased if we do it together.
Cool! It could be an interesting fall/winter.. :) That is, if I'm done with the cats. :) I'm liking this deck more and more - the lack of esotericism/spirituality is growing on me. I'm thinking that Maat is almost more of a spiritual tool rather than a tarot deck. I'll be interested in what we come up with later this year.
Emily said:
LOL - I've used the Wheel of Change too and also felt that it would have been a great deck to get into - I love colourful decks and the WoC is that. :) (But I don't think I'll be changing }) )
Hey Emily, thanks for not hitting me with a tomato. :D And no, I didn't think you'd be switching anytime soon, either.

I didn't do anything BBC-wise yesterday - I'll finish up the sevens, and maybe even look at the Chariot today. Then it's time to shuffle for the next group of cards.. :)

Emily

sravana said:
OR, you could just wait for Scion's book to come out, and go with Liber T, and be done with it! Me, I find Thoth/Liber T to be a bit dark for my tastes. No, dark is not that right word for it - more like darkly esoteric. I'm not interested in where those decks might take me, at least not right now.

You know when the Liber T first came out, I tried to like it but I couldn't. I found the artwork too hard to interpret after using the RWS and clone decks - I found it dark and mysterious, and I backed off from this deck so fast, its a wonder I didn't have flames come off my feet lol - so off it went to trade.

I know now that I just wasn't ready or even able to move onto something so radically different as the Liber T so although I love this deck to bits now, I understand when people don't want to get involved with it. The artwork does take a little getting used to. :)

I'm eagerly awaiting Scion's book too. :)

thorhammer

Me too, Emily :) I'll be angling for a signed copy . . . *hear that, Scion? :D* but waiting for it won't keep me from those decks, I'm afraid. :)

No work on the cards yesterday, but I did two small readings this morning, and the cards are just speaking to me so well right now. I'm loving it. Loving my deck :)

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

thorhammer said:
but I did two small readings this morning, and the cards are just speaking to me so well right now. I'm loving it. Loving my deck :)

\m/ Kat
Kat,

I blame the fact that senility is no longer creeping up on me but instead is running at a fast trot :laugh: if you've already mentioned it, but how did that reading go for that co-worker of yours? Not asking for details, of course, but wondering if your cards cooperated, if both of you were happy with the reading, etc.

Rodney

thorhammer

rwcarter said:
Kat,

I blame the fact that senility is no longer creeping up on me but instead is running at a fast trot :laugh: if you've already mentioned it, but how did that reading go for that co-worker of yours? Not asking for details, of course, but wondering if your cards cooperated, if both of you were happy with the reading, etc.

Rodney
Hmm. I thought it was very good - certainly nothing like my best, but I was pleased with it.

However, I got the distinct impression that it was totally not what he was expecting, and he was, if not disappointed, then rather nonplussed by it all. He thought enough of it to buy me a beautiful block of wonderful cheese, though . . . which I am still enjoying!

\m/ Kat

PolarBear

Cat* said:
Just in case you would like to use the Llewellyn for your online readings, too, here's a link where you can do just that. :)

Hi Cat - no excuses for me then :)
Thanks,

PolarBear

Promise

Finally finished the last two cards in the Coins suit and got them posted. I'm sure I'll go back and add to them in the next few days, but I wasn't feeling particularly wordy today. I've been a bad kitty and have been majorly distracted by the Deviant Moon, but I put it away and pulled my Noblet back out and got back down to business. I'm not really sure where I'll go from here with this deck; maybe I'll play with the Majors for a bit and see what comes up. I'm not really feeling another suit study. The Coins took a lot out of me, although it was a great learning and growing experience.