The Tower Spread

Jourdain

I created this spread as a method of determining and eliminating bad habits or bad situations from my life. Its "key concept" stems from The Tower, Card 16, but out of theory it operates less on The Tower's themes of revelation, and more on a sort of internal deconstruction--you're trying to CREATE a Tower experience before one comes into your life, thus avoiding the "crisis" mode it will put you in should it arrive on its own merit. I don't suggest using this spread for things that are fairly inevitable--or just seem soft to you. It works best with big, looming, pernicious sorts of issues. Things where big change isn't welcome--where the loss would outweigh the gain, or where doing things on your own is a better plan than leaving it to fate. Remember the point is to utilize the information in this spread to TEAR DOWN, REORGANIZE, and RESTRUCTURE your life and not really for portending future events, so try and keep that in mind for best results.

It's exceedingly simple.

Here goes.

First off, you can use any number of cards, depending on how complicated your problem is. Use your intuition.

The cards themselves are placed in a simple vertical line, with the top card being the card most relevant to what must come first, and the descending order being not in importance, necessarily, but on the order in which steps should be taken.

Example:

***1***
***2***
***3***

Where "1" is the first issue to take an axe too or to think on, and three is the foundation issue--the last key (though not necessarily the most important) to freeing yourself from the negative influence in question.

Use your intuition to understand how many cards to draw. I've had successful results with just two or three, but have found myself drawing as many as seven or eight for very intense or convuluted issues.

The spread can also be expanded, of course, by drawing simple clarification cards for each card you're having toruble deciphering.

Hope you guys get some use out of this one,
--Jourdain

Demon Goddess

I like this Jourdain... I am going to add it to my list of new spreads to try.

I'm the sort who seems to like big drama, so forcing an issue is right up my alley.

Jourdain

Haha, welcome to my life Demon Goddess.