The Silver Mask and The Girl - Can you Help me With a Dream?

YearoftheTiger

hello everyone ...

i want some second opinions on a dream because i feel like i'm about to go out of my mind being paranoid..! :p

first the dream ... then the background.

in my dream, i couldn't find my boyfriend. i looked all over for him in this house/garden area.

while i was looking and worrying i heard his voice inside a house. the door was ajar so i walked in, following the sound of his voice.

i saw that he was talking to a girl, but he didn't see me. i walked straight up to them and he acted mad like i was spying on him and the girl acted like a bitch to me. it was funny, because people's faces in my dreams aren't usually recognizable ... but this girl i would be able to recognize if i saw her.

anyway he walked out through a doorway to get a drink or something. and the girl started saying mean things to me and i felt sick, really really sick.

here's the weird part, though.

i was looking at my boyfriend through that doorway and saw a mask on the wall beside the doorway, turning my attention to it, and then back to the girl.

it was shiny silver metal, it looked like the heirophant's face from the Thoth deck. I couldn't focus on the girl talking because my attention kept being called back to the mask.

each time i looked at it, it changed ... losing shape until it turned into a circle.

i apologized to the girl and to my boyfriend for interrupting their conversation and sneaking up on them.

i left ... but decided to just pretend like i had. i snook around some more to see what they were up to after i was gone ... and they were laughing about me and doing a lot more than just talking ...

so yeah, this is your basic cheating dream with a twist. and it's that twist with the mask that bothers me since i know the symbolism. silver is representative of the moon and intuition, things not being what they seem ...and it turned into a moon in my dream, the mask itself stands for things hidden.

the background on this is me having had a scare earlier about him writing some emails to his ex ... but i ended up getting the dates wrong and they were before him and i were really together. we've been together for years. so i've been telling myself that i need to stop being suspiscious and forget about it. he's a very honest person ... i have always trusted him, but lately i've been feeling really odd. we have just moved pretty far from our old home and i feel all mixed up. honestly, i just want to sweep this under the rug as emotional after shocks to such big changes in our lives.

that mask, though ... it f-ing bothers me. the fact that the girl seemed so real, bothers me ...

any replies greatly appreciated.

Milfoil

You may well be right that this dream does present your fears to you regarding your relationship with your boyfriend. The mask seems to suggest both the mask you think he wears and the mask you wear.

Buildings are often a symbol of how we present ourselves so anything attached to the building also suggests an aspect of that face we project to the world. A shiney mask seems to say that this is both a reflection of that part of yourself you don't want the world to see, the jealous and paranoid bit you hide behind the mask but also the hidden things you fear may be present in your life such as your partners infidelity.

If this were my dream, it would be asking me to face the mask, ask myself why I need it, what fear do I need to overcome and am I prepared to face that fear in order to understand it better and not allow it to rule me.

I hope this helps.

YearoftheTiger

thank you.

memries

The house you stepped into was his world not yours. You saw the girl and complications (which may be in the past as stated). In the dream you uncovered something that was unknown to you. His bad temper, her presence and the fact they were together after and laughing.

The mask was covering something else. There is a face behind the mask wearing it. That is the unknown. The mask changed to a Moon shape. You could not take your eyes of it and it is bothering you. I don't have the answer.
What does the Heirophant mean to you ? Is there anyone or circumstance you can place that in ?
I think Milfoil has covered some good points for sure.

If it were me I would take it as a warning. (I know you don't want to hear this, sorry.) The fact that it advanced to you feeling really, really sick.

strangebrew

I also felt it was a warning...as in a premoniton?

In the past i have had a similar dream about my ex...he was with a woman in my dreams who he now hangs out with. I dont actually think they are intimate, but evenso the dreams showed them together..and even now i am not sure what the energy is between them?

The words "be wary" and "deceit" came to me..

Sorry if this upsets you, but this is what I feel...

(((hugs)))

YearoftheTiger

thank you all. i have considered everything posted ... and i have resolved this issue completely now.

It was my own fears, but in a way i had caught on to something a little too late that was very real. He had been talking to the ex while i was with him, but before we were very serious and he made a definite choice to commit to us after a year and they never talk anymore.

it started when i found a painting that was from her that he still has. i was putting some things away and found it ... it didn't bother me in and of itself, but when i touched it i tapped into the "energy" that it held and it was all bad.

i've always been a sensitive person, i've channeled spirits before (somewhat against my will and i think i can say that here without sounding crazy). and i got the sensation that she still thinks about him... and i think it was her coming through, actually. he is such a great guy and she was a really messed up person, cheated on him with all his friends ... just really really messed up.

any time he has mentioned her it was a bad experience and i just make fun of her.

i felt haunted by the energy of this object for a time, but now i'm okay.

i think that if i ever get a chance i will ask him to not have it in the house.

thank you so much for the replies.

Hephasteus

Ya the heirophant card is saying you aren't paying enough attention to your intuitive tuggings with this. So it's not a twist it's just the best way to get it through to you.