Penduluma & Ouija Board

OrbWeaver

I used to have a Ouija board as a kid. Unfortunately, a friend of mine was attacked while we were both using it. She did manage to stave off the attack, but still lost a part of herself in the struggle.

I don't, nor will ever, use Ouija boards any more.

shotthebreeze

OrbWeaver said:
I used to have a Ouija board as a kid. Unfortunately, a friend of mine was attacked while we were both using it. She did manage to stave off the attack, but still lost a part of herself in the struggle.

I don't, nor will ever, use Ouija boards any more.

I'm grounded with Hematite. Read up on it before I even touched the board...

shotthebreeze

I've been going through some tough times recently with a business transaction and I asked my grandfather for advice the other night. Here's what he said:

"I am going to protect you - she (being the failing end of the business deal) will get hers."

We'll wait and see how this turns out, but I have a feeling that it's going to happen just the way he says. Has anyone else tried this out?

MoonLitCrystal

I think what you're doing is really cool! I've used a pendulum and a Ouija Board before, but I'd honestly never thought of putting the two together. :lightbulb :)

Tarotphelia

Doesn't anyone read the other ouija threads ? It seems like this topic is a revolving door . It's kewl , it turned my brain inside out , let's all do it anyway .

It's not ok to play with the spirit world. It's not a game . Everyone thinks they are the one person who is magickally able to avoid whatever happened to anybody else . And maybe you will . But maybe you won't . In any event you better know what you're doing . And it just might be that if you think you do , there's a good chance you don't and it's just your own ego talking .

It's not for beginners , or the bored seeking spooky thrills . But guess what? That's exactly who usually chooses to experiment with it . If you are serious about contacting the spiritual world , take some time to learn about it , learn the rules , have some respect , and realize that your own personal ethical and spiritual development is key to having a safe experience .

And you don't need a ouija board, unless you like their decorative aspects as I do . Once you learn , a device like that would be extremely tedious . Sort of like snail mail compared to email or video .

Milfoil

I would echo that Dark Inquisitor.

One way of looking at it is to ask yourself, if a stranger was to come along and confront you with your worst fears, could you cope? How would you react? What would you do?

When you have dealt with all the unthinkable hurt and crap in your life (yes I appreciate it is a never ending task but . . ), when you have developed just far enough to have faced your worst fears or problems from your life and come through with a new understanding THEN you are poised to tackle what you can connect to in the spirit world.

shotthebreeze

Milfoil said:
I would echo that Dark Inquisitor.

One way of looking at it is to ask yourself, if a stranger was to come along and confront you with your worst fears, could you cope? How would you react? What would you do?

When you have dealt with all the unthinkable hurt and crap in your life (yes I appreciate it is a never ending task but . . ), when you have developed just far enough to have faced your worst fears or problems from your life and come through with a new understanding THEN you are poised to tackle what you can connect to in the spirit world.

I don't take the readings seriously and I don't live by them, although all of the readings I've done/posted came to life. I can't see any difference between readings with a pendulum and an ouija board (or a piece of paper with letters on it) and Tarot. They both send messages and can be dangerous for those who start to live by what those messages are.

WishingWell

Perhaps the difference that strikes me immediately is the issue of mediumship. Tarot, as powerful as I think the little cards are, feels more like an extension of your own awareness, talents, and knowledge- however hidden it might be. In my mind, it's more like equipment for toning your psychic muscles, so to speak.

The Ouija boards/spirit boards/etc. I feel require a degree or element of mediumship that I'm not willing, or too frightened, to offer or experience. My personal belief is is that any spirit or deceased loved one with an important message to share, would find a different means of passing it to me. I think they would come in dreams, or even less subtle ways.

That said, there is a Ouija board that I would love to own, for the simple sake of collecting, but not for use. Some of them can be quite beautiful.

shotthebreeze

WishingWell said:
The Ouija boards/spirit boards/etc. I feel require a degree or element of mediumship that I'm not willing, or too frightened, to offer or experience. My personal belief is is that any spirit or deceased loved one with an important message to share, would find a different means of passing it to me. I think they would come in dreams, or even less subtle ways.

You see, that's where it started. I see my grandfather sometimes at night as a full bodied apparition, but I can't talk to him. Ouija is the only way I can talk to him.

Milfoil

shotthebreeze said:
I don't take the readings seriously and I don't live by them, although all of the readings I've done/posted came to life. I can't see any difference between readings with a pendulum and an ouija board (or a piece of paper with letters on it) and Tarot. They both send messages and can be dangerous for those who start to live by what those messages are.

shotthebreeze said:
You see, that's where it started. I see my grandfather sometimes at night as a full bodied apparition, but I can't talk to him. Ouija is the only way I can talk to him.

These two statements seem to contradict oneanother. If you don't take the readings seriously how can you know its your Grandfather? If you believe it is your Grandfather that you are talking to (and I do not doubt it), then how can you not take the reading seriously or live by the message? Either way, do you understand what you are doing and why?

It seems that you are confusing divination with mediumship by comparing tarot and ouija. The principal use of ouija, alphabet boards and spinning wheels, to my knowledge, was to contact those in the spirit world and they were born out of the emerging Spiritualist movement in the mid 1800's to the early 1900's though it has been used as a divination instrument also and marketed as a parlour game. Clear intent of who you wish to contact is good but not always enough, those in spirit are not there merely for our beck and call, they have their own agendas I have found.

Either way, like anything in life, take care and I wish you well.