Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

SolSionnach

As far as reading astrology books, they are all over the map as far as what they say. There is a deep and abiding divinatory streak in astrology that goes back, wayyyy back - and that's the water that Mel is drinking from. There is a more recent 'psychological' streak that folks who are uncomfortable with seeing things as 'fated' came up with - and that streak conflates the signs and the houses - Aries is house 1, Taurus is house 2, etc. That's where you get house 8 as sex, death, and taxes - Scorpio all the way. While some of that makes sense from a historic point of view, a lot of it doesn't. Perhaps when Mel is back he can recommend books - though given his level of expertise, they might be too difficult even for me (and I've 'studied' astrology for years!)

I was interested in astrology back in 8th grade, then dropped it. I only started looking at it again after I discovered tarot. I rather jumped off the esoteric diving board - not that that's a bad thing! lol

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I don't haunt the astrology forum, but if you PM me, I'll try to answer your questions there. :) :) :p

SolSionnach

She says after she ordered two astrology books. This board is bad for the health of one's pocketbook! :D

Okay, back to the subject. I did a spread for myself last night. I've been thinking about my ex-boyfriend recently, and was idly wondering what would happen if I was to contact him.

So - I asked: Will I get a positive response from X if I email him?

Fournier TdM - sorry, I can't figure out how to post pictures
House 1: 8 Batons
House 2: Reyne Coupe
House 3: Hermite
House 4: Cavalier Epee
House 5: La Masion Dieu
House 6: Ace Coupes
House 7: Valet Epee
House 8: 8 Deniers
House 9: Le Pendu
House 10: La Lune
House 11: 3 Coupes
House 12: Le Monde

So, I'm the 8/Batons, and he's the Valet Epee. I'd say that's a no, thus far.
I cast no aspects - there are no other 8s or Batons in the spread. He has an aspect with the Cavalier Epee in the 4th, which is square to both our positions. (though, if I'm right, you don't count aspects from significators unless the significator is a trump).

Looking at it from a simple astrological spread perspective (reading the card in the house), I see the Maison Dieu in 5 - that's pretty much how we broke up, L'Hermite in 3 - which is how our communication has been, that is, it *hasn't*, La Lune in 10 - he's a workaholic, more or less, Le Monde in 12 - yes, it's absolutely done. I also note that the Valet Epee is looking longingly at the Reyne de Coupe in 2 - perhaps he's seeing someone else already. However, she's not looking at him at all.

All that being said, just using the bare minimum as Mel suggests gives me an unqualified no. We aren't approaching each other at all.

After all, it was an idle thought to email him - as I said, we haven't communicated in about 8 months. I may well email him, just to see what happens. I am curious about how he's doing, though all my friends would say to not bother.

I love the ace coupes in 6 - that could be my doggie? my work? or do I just ignore it?

Bernice

Your 8th House = 8 Coins (he - he -he)

sravana: I just went to Multiply and got a blog-cum-webpage for uploading pics. Arrange your spread cards on one page then upload the page. Then just give the url. Simpler, and doesn't take bandwith from some server.

Just a thought. :)

Bee

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
Your 8th House = 8 Coins (he - he -he)

sravana: I just went to Multiply and got a blog-cum-webpage for uploading pics. Arrange your spread cards on one page then upload the page. Then just give the url. Simpler, and doesn't take bandwith from some server.

Just a thought. :)

Bee
damn. now I need to actually get my digicam out!
what was your thinking re: 8 house/8 coins????
I'm very curious.

Bernice

Hi Sravana: Your spread.
No need for a digicam. Just snaffle some pics from online scans of a card deck. Resize 'em (make smaller) then open a paint program - a basic one will do. Now arrange the card-pics into your spread, and save the whole shebang. (png or jpg probably best).

Your question: Will I get a positive response from X if I email him?

8 Coins in 8th your (querents) House:
8 coins is not too good a card (Mels value-system).
8th House (for me): Feelings and possessions gained through others.So inheritance (cash or other). Also sex, and death of something and new beginings. (People who emigrate sometimes have 8th house activity. i.e: A complete change of life-style).
So......... not too good (8 coins) a come-back (8th House). Might even indicate that he would only be interested in an occasional meeting, purely for sex!

Did you email him? (sorry - being nosey)

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Frankly, it would be better for me to dig out the digicam, because I have no idea how to resize stuff!
re: 8 in 8: I see the 8th as you do, but the 'new beginnings' is new to me. But that makes sense in my life in general - I'm beginning again with the HADAR :)heart: :heart: :heart:). Of course, that doesn't relate to the question, but whatever! I'm just trying to figure this out on my own.

No, I didn't email him. too much trouble. Which is also in the spread - My significator is the only Baton, and the only ... hey! Was it really the 8? I may be wrong, but either the baton in house 1, or the coin in house 8 was not an 8. I think the coin was a 6 or 7...

Damn. I shouldn't have picked up that spread. Now it makes more sense, what you wrote.

sheesh. Time to get.off.the.computer. I've been on here all weekend.

SolSionnach

Okay, new experiences (as I'm now using Hadar vs. Fournier).
I've been shuffling all day - it's such an enjoyable deck to shuffle - and pulling cards to just observe. At one point I pulled the valet de coupes, with the Star underneath the pile (I tend to look at the top and bottom card, after doing a 3-pile cut). In this deck the valet is peering at his cup, but his scarf has blown over the top of it, hiding it.

"isn't that interesting, I wonder what it means..."

I decided to ask the deck for a top and bottom card which indicate what my ex-boyfriend feels when he thinks about me - and after much shuffling and the same 3-pile cut, I pulled: the SAME two cards in the SAME positions - the valet/cups on the top, the star on the bottom.

Oh dear.

So I threw another astrological spread, this time asking "if I email/contact CC, will we end up getting back together?". I figured that was enough of a yes/no question...

(I'm sorry that I haven't figured out how to post pics yet, this will have to do)

House 1: Wheel of Fortune
House 2: 3 Cups
House 3: 6 cups
House 4: the Star
House 5: Valet of coins
House 6: Queen/cups
House 7: 3 batons
House 8: Empress
House 9: Ace Swords
House 10: 6 swords
House 11: fool
House 12: the sun

Okay, now to delineate.
I'm the Wheel of Fortune, which was also my card for the day. It would truly be a turn of the wheel if we got back together (and IMO highly unlikely), because I'm the one who broke it off in the first place because he was (3 batons) a workaholic and unavailable. Thus far it looks like a "highly unlikely) - until I notice that he passes to house 2 with the 3 of cups! Whaa? I also notice that the 6 spokes in the center of the wheel look just like the 3 batons. hmmm. But it's still a baton, and a terrible one at that (since the batons and swords get worse as the numbers get smaller). If we got back together it would take a HELL of a lot of work on his part to convince me that things would be different. I was thinking about this spread while walking the dog just now, and I cannot *imagine* a scenario where I would feel he'd changed enough.

Looking further at the spread, I notice that the Empress (III) is in the 8th house - another 3! - imagine that. I don't know if that counts or not, but it seems significant to me - and I notice the Queen/cups in the 6th - creating a sextile to the Empress.

But all that seems moot, because there are no 10s in the spread... unless you count the Wheel passing to the ace/swords (1) + the fool (0). Now, the relationship always was very long distance (ace/swords in 9), and I practically killed myself traveling (he was too busy to do much of that - workaholism), and I'm not sure what to do with the fool.

If I was reading this for someone else, I'd say that it seems that he would be willing to do the hard work to come to you (3 cups in 2), but I don't think that you're going to contact him, because you know that it would be a return to something that you've outgrown.

Hooked on TdM

Okay you just made that look way too easy! *goes off and grumbles into the astrology book*

Hooked

Melanchollic

Very nice Sravana,

I think you're getting better at this spread than I am! ;)

:love: M

SolSionnach

Melanchollic said:
Very nice Sravana,

I think you're getting better at this spread than I am! ;)

:love: M

Why thank you, Mel! :| (but I sincerely doubt that!!)

So you see it the way I do? What about the 3 spokes in the Wheel, and the 3 batons? Is that significant?