Astrological Reading Methods for Pips

Hooked on TdM

Okay, as to more information from the querent. She is single, keeps dating (short and long term men) that rarely have jobs(if they do have jobs, they aren't hard working and don't share the wealth). They are not typical bad boy harley types, more like drunks and addicts pretending to be bad boys. Scum in my opinion.

Okay so my take on it. I am going to go with my original assessment with some minor changes. The significator of the querent is that she is ready to change (this fits with her now) but she is still struggling with it. She does have more to do and needs to pay attention to details in order to do it. Her quesited, the Roy, is very much choosing relationships on surface qualities. She is picking men that portray one thing but are another entirely. They show off, but are controlling and domineering underneath the flash. In her first conjunction, the 8 of coins, I see this as her being monopolized. A bit of an upheaval and her jumping through others hoops. But she is choosing this. So yes, she is going to them and they to her. The second conjunction is the 4 of wands. This I take to show a fear of reaching out. She is afraid of branching into new areas (like a positive representation of herself towards men of the same stature) and she needs to balance her veiws in order to make changes.

The passing I feel are important to the why's of this. I really think these are about how her family has brought her up and her single family unit now. Her perception of what she is supposed to be compared to her reality is what is driving this train. Also the Valet in the 10th house, portrays a misconception or misrepresentation. She is also portraying a surface quality (the bad goth girl) while underneath she is not that at all. She is looking at her goal, but missing what she has (her good qualities are getting buried under this crap.)

Okay all that aspects and trine stuff is so over my head. This is a headache making type of reading! Hehe, I think that I shall NOT try this one again anytime soon. Perhaps when I have a better grip on my reading style to begin with. LOL

Hooked

Melanchollic

Hi Hooked,

I like the sound of your reading... Different than mine.. but well thought though. Very nice go in the unfamiliar territory of the astrological spread.

frelkins said:
But Mel, if you view all courts as "noble," do you truly then believe there are no "bad people" in tarot, just good people with "bad aspects?"

I personally don't equate court cards exclusively with 'people'. I see the courts as a higher octave of the 'pips', as explained here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1545554&postcount=24

Like in this reading, the King is not a person, per say, but a type of relationship. If I ask about the weather, and get a Queen of Coins, obviously it can't be a person. We need a more inclusive view to really use the courts effectively I think.

:CL :love: :CL M

Hooked on TdM

Melanchollic said:
Hi Hooked,

I like the sound of your reading... Different than mine.. but well thought though. Very nice go in the unfamiliar territory of the astrological spread.

Thanks M! Much appreciated. I have a new respect for your type of reading. It's very complicated! It was fun to try. :)

Hooked

frelkins

Don't give up yet HoT! the second one is much much easier than the first. Try another. :)

Hooked on TdM

*bangs head on wall* NO NO NO.. lol

Actually I might give it another whirl next week. But I'm taking a break darn it!!

Hooked

Bernice

Hello HoT,

I think the trick here is to avoid 'over-reading'.

Right at the start Mel says "keep it simple".
First off get the general 'tone' of the spread, all cups? only two Swords? etc. Just stick to the basic Querent and Quesited houses. Then note any passings. Ignore everything else. We started off hopping from house to house and got into a complete muddle.... :)

Please don't give up!

Bee

SolSionnach

Hi there folks,
I just discovered this thread tonight, and have been cutting and pasting from this thread (and the previous one) into a file that I'll be printing out later on.

Marvelous technique, Mel! And as someone with a bit more than a passing interest in astrology, this may well be up my alley! :D :D :D

I've been searching for a way to use the Balbi in readings (swords = water, cups = air), but this method goes way beyond all that. wow.

I'll eventually be catching up with you all, but for now, I have some studying to do. :) :) :)

Bernice

sravana: And as someone with a bit more than a passing interest in astrology, this may well be up my alley!
Uh Ah! another astro-buff.
Do avoid what I did sravana. Went over the top! I think Mel's approach is more suited to Yes - No- Maybe Yes - Maybe No. He did say this at the start, but I went mad and leapt around the houses........ disaster!

Good to see you here. Let us know if you do a reading with it?

Bee :)

SolSionnach

Bernice said:
Uh Ah! another astro-buff.
Do avoid what I did sravana. Went over the top! I think Mel's approach is more suited to Yes - No- Maybe Yes - Maybe No. He did say this at the start, but I went mad and leapt around the houses........ disaster!

Good to see you here. Let us know if you do a reading with it?

Bee :)

Hi Bee,
I'm still in the place of "wha' th' 'ell?" with this method :) - I love the whole idea of using an astrological chart for the spread (though I know this is done other ways), and the whole idea of turning the chart is madness! I love it! This combination of tarot and horary (which I don't know much about) is wonderful. :) I also am digging the number order from good to v. v. bad.

I originally found this thread because I was looking for info for working with the Balbi - which is a 'moody minors' deck. The trumps and courts are derived from the TdM, and the pips are pretty extravagant, though very strongly elementally derived. wands = fire, coins = earth - but cups are air and swords are water. I can grok the latter, but cups as air is a stretch for me. I was looking for a way to read the pips, which led me here.

That being said, I have a hard time coming up with yes/no questions, for some reason. I've mostly used the tarot for checking up on current influences, not so much fortune telling. I was thinking of doing a spread for Elizabeth Edwards, as to whether or not John was actually cheating on her (recent reports of a mistress, etc). If I do throw that spread, I'll post it here.

Do you have any suggestions for reading the pips in a more normal spread? I'm wondering what you do - I've been reading some other threads in this forum, but haven't found what I'm looking for.