Weird dream/experience

Elen Sian

I have been reading this thread and am quite thankful that I did. Makes what happened to me seem normal.

I woke up about 7:30am one Sunday morning. It was too early to get up and I had heard my son go downstairs and get himself breakfast. I closed my eyes. Next, I saw a grainy image of me and my hubby laying in bed and I was at the foot of the bed looking at us. I was still awake yet fascinated by what I was seeing. I heard footsteps. I opened my eyes and my son called through the door to ask something, I answered him and he went back downstairs. I told my hubby everything and laid back saying that I was going to see if it happened again. A minute or 2 after my eyes closed I was on top of the wardrobe looking down at me. The grainy, dull image was really scary because I didn't know where it was coming from so I opened my eyes.

I have had spirits occasionally visit during the night waking me and hubby so I was just a little scared not knowing if this was me floating or someone looking down at me and showing me what they could see. Reading this has shown me that perhaps this was me and I shouldn't be scared. What I really couldn't understand was how I did it whilst being awake at the same time. When I was on the wardrobe looking down I was trying to feel the covers over me but I couldn't and these thoughts were bringing me back to my body.

SunChariot

GenoviaJ said:
the first time can be scary, especially floating over your body in bed. I dont believe anytime feels good- i think you get used to it.

I didn't know you can have out of body experiences when asleep, although depending how you want to classify dreaming perhaps it is always an out of body experience. If you're asleep how can you tell if it was just part of the dream or real...just asking. Although in dreams I don't think I usually have a body that I am conscious of at least. but I don't sense any point where I leave it usually.

I had an out of body experience once, when awake. I did not do it purposely it just happened. I was having a bath then suddenly there I was floating near the celing looking down at my body. It was a bit wierd to say the least, I knew I was awake and I had not tried to do it.

But I did not feel fear, just a lot of confusion. I was brought up in a very non-spiritual household, where anything spiritual was really frowned on so at the time I did not beleive in a soul at all, never mind one that can separate from the body....but then there I was up there near the ceiling. It lasted maybe 2-3 minutes, but what I was most thinking was "How can I possibly be down there when I'm up here." I just could not make sense of that and kept trying to puzzle it out. While it wasn't scary it was not anything pleasant either. But it was useful in my life. It was the start of my realizing that "I" still exist even when I am not in my body, so there must be something to life after death...

kazza, maybe your experience was an out of body experience but I think only you can know that. Either you feel inside that it is or you feel that it isn't. You have to go by what you feel. If you feel it wasn't it sure looks like a sex dream to me, symbolism-wise. Starts off with the earth moving, as in "Did the earth move for you? Lots of noise and then maybe a fear of losing yourself? And/or a sense that you are ambigious about how you feel about that part (things were smoky and unclear...) Not sure if I should have added in that last paragraph, but I thought it might be helpful in some way.

Babs

memries

I am convinced it is a matter of "Lucid Dreaming". We are awake in our mind and asleep in our bodies. Most times we are asleep in our minds and our bodies. We say we had a dream. But if your mind is awake then we understand and remember and wonder.
Also we have a built in protector toward dreaming. Kind of a natural monitor to prevent us from remembering all our "dreams".

This natural phenomenon is there to protect us. How would you feel if you understood that your dreams are real ? This could lead to great confusion and many times does. The positive side of this coin is your growth and understanding which can lead to wonderment, control and power of self.

Who are we really > ?????

memries

SunChariot.. your bathtub experience sounds really interesting.
You were awake, awake ! A big step but really what is the difference ?
Your body was awake and your Spiritual capabilities were awake.

That would be wonderful ! I believe some people do have that ability. It does lead of course to bi-location where an actual body is manifested or exists in two places as once. You can read about it in the life of Padre Pio.
He had that ability. Others as well but not sure just who. He will become a Saint and is of course Blessed now by the RC Church.
Their value in this role is the perpetuation of knowledge to be shared and guarded and accepted that these things do happen.
I know of no other organization that does and so many wonderful happenings have been lost in the halls of time and antiquity.

SunChariot

Well the thing for me is the fact that I was awake was the only thing that convinced me it was real. Because it was a time in my life when I was fairly young and did not believe in anything in any way spiritual, YET. For me if it had happened in a dream I would have just passed it off as a dream and not seen more than that in it.

Babs

memries

I agree with you SunChariot. In a way you were called to understanding which otherwise you would have missed. Now you know and no one will ever convince you otherwise.

The question is what will you do about it now you know ? That is for you to decide. You cannot assume your former blindness to the subject. Where will it lead you ?
For myself it was study and watching and reading what I could. Because I know what I know, I can discard something of that nature when I know it is nonsense. While reading and studying of course.
I don't advertise it much but am not afraid to speak of it with someone
who enquires. Of course I could be incorrect with any conclusions I arrive at. Go by you own Will and travel your own path. This is your life and your path and it could lead you to seeing things of glory that others do not.

It is not irreligious either from a Christian standpoint (I do not know your affiliations.) The Bible describes, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Three in one.
We are made in His image so guess what ? We are three in one as well.
Or from my present point of view... Father/Mother, Son, Holy Spirit.
That remark took me years to know a bit.