New deck interview: Necronomicon

Daiset

So this is becoming something I tend to do now, the interview spread with each new deck I get, and with this delightfully dark deck there's no way I would forgo putting the reading up here. As per usual, all are invited to comment and add how they would read the spread. Note that this is the necronomicon tarot and as such the court cards are as follows: Knave, Knight, Queen, King. All major arcana have modified names but meanings are consistant to Waite and Thoth standards.

The spread is as follows:

****** 5 ****** 6 ******
********** 4 **********
****** 3 ****** 2 ******
********** 1 **********

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table -- what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?
6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?

The results:

1: Shub-Niggurath (Empress)

Unchecked enthusiasm and new life are two meanings that really stuck out for me in this position. It seemed to be a somewhat clear meaning in itself, the deck was 'energetic' feeling although in the previous readings I had done with it to break it in a little blunt and almost clumbsy. Indeed, the card itself has the image of Shub-Niggurath dancing with somewhat macaber energy, but she is surrounded by her childer and as such cannot step without ending up with one crushed underfoot.

2: Three of Wands

A card that has always meant new discovery and expantion of horizons to me, the image itself is suprisingly close to my own opinion of the card as it has a woman with three crystaline wands around her feet finding herself face to face with an alien looking 'deep one' in front of a sunset over the ocean. I take this to mean the deck could quite literally bring new horizons, perhaps expanding my knowledge of the tarot and methods of reading the cards.

3: Reanimators (Temperance)

Although usually a positive card, as limits I read this card as inverted in meaning, the deck is perhaps too chaotic, which felt like it linked well with the first two cards, perhaps trying to advance me too quickly that I will not learn in it's enthusiasm.

4: Eight of Disks

The importance of details in my work, spesifically seeing new links in readings between the cards, the elements and so forth.

5: Six of Wands

The 'victory' card to a question like this is a little odd, as it has never come up in this sort of position before. As such it's a little difficult to read, but what I understand is that for such a victory to occur there must first be a conflict. By working through difficult card positions (such as this one) I will be able to learn best and expand my horizons when it comes to tarot.

6: Four of Swords

Another difficult one to read. I hardly see rest and respite as an outcome I would enjoy from the tarot, as I do not intend to stop reading and learning the cards anytime soon, and I am getting plenty of physical rest as it is (a neccesity given my current medical condition). Mental rest, peace of mind? It's possible, but doesn't seem likely as I'm not really in need of either.

All in all, apart from the last card, I feel this reading went well, and I think I'm improving. This was much easier than my previous two interview readings, either I'm improving or I find this deck much easier to read. Perhaps both, or maybe they were just in convenient positions. Regardless, I would love to hear your views too!