Ouija Board Questions?

JoeS.

Hey,

A few months ago I found my old ouija board and Ive been trying to use it. Its problby just my imagination but when I "contact" someone I usually get this really strong feeling, im not even sure what the word would be to describe it, its kind of this heavy feeling, if that makes sense but I'm having problems keeping connected to them, somtimes they dont even talk, they just kind of sit there or if they do talk, they start spelling something and then leave right in the middle of it and then another person or whatever it is im talking to comes a few minutes later and takes its place. Alot of times I get this sick to my stomach feeling while im talking to somebody. Is this normal? Do any of you use these boards? Do you know what im doing wrong? I would really like to have a conversation with somebody so if anybody has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Apollonia

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm a professional psychic medium, and I wouldn't touch a Ouija board with a ten foot pole. When you open up unguarded to that realm, you are inviting in any and all types of energies and entities. Many of them will give you good information to begin with, even telling you they are people you know who have crossed over (with factual "proof"), and then they start to mess with you for fun. These are mostly entities that are of the lower energies.

I believe it is possible for some people to use a Ouija board to connect with their guides or entities of a higher vibration, but in order to do so, they generally have some pretty good boundaries and protection around themselves, which is what I would recommend, especially with the feelings you have been getting. Nausea is often your own intuition (which resides in one's solar plexus) telling you that something isn't right, and I would heed that over what the board is telling you.

If you are interested in developing relationships with your spirit guides, I highly recommend the book "So You want to Be A Medium?" by Rose Vanden Eynden. She gives good methods of getting in contact without the problems that the Ouija board can bring in.

Blessings,
Apollonia

r0sered1ster

Using a Ouija board is kind of like leaving your front door wide open, anyone can wander in and there's no guarantee that those that wander in have your best interests at heart. In my opinion, it's best just to leave that door closed. I think that it's just human nature to be curious but we have to think of how much that curiosity might cost us.

Mathki

I'm studying to become a psychic medium and if there's one thing our teacher has taught us, it is that using the Ouija is a very BAD idea!!

I won't repeat everything - just say that I very much agree with Apollonia and r0sered1ster!!

Be careful and don't mess with the spirit world!!

A book that I can recommend is Kathryn Ridall's "Channeling - How To Reach Out To Your Spirit Guides" :)

Ffortiwn

Just last night I was on the phone with my traveling pre-teen daughter who is composing her birthday wishlist and has placed an Oija board near the top. We've had a record number of family deaths within the past year or so and she's very interested in touching base with one of them. Of her qualities the one I like best is her trusting nature, but it does not seem to be serving her well in this case, and she's still disappointed with my stance (in line with the above). Especially considering I'm the only person in her family who's also interested in this sort of thing. She owns a tarot deck and a quartz crystal ball, neither of which she really uses, and our conversations tend to be great, but I am still a student myself and I think she'd benefit from a good age-appropriate book written by someone with more years of experience in this area.

Ironically, I'm facing the exact same issue with a new PC I plan to give her. I'll probably stop short of full-blown parental-control software, but still plan to do a few things to steer her away from unsafe sites.

Netzach

I have to agree . . . get rid of it. There are safer ways of developing your psychic skills.

Mathki

Ffortiwn said:
Just last night I was on the phone with my traveling pre-teen daughter who is composing her birthday wishlist and has placed an Oija board near the top. We've had a record number of family deaths within the past year or so and she's very interested in touching base with one of them. Of her qualities the one I like best is her trusting nature, but it does not seem to be serving her well in this case, and she's still disappointed with my stance (in line with the above). Especially considering I'm the only person in her family who's also interested in this sort of thing. She owns a tarot deck and a quartz crystal ball, neither of which she really uses, and our conversations tend to be great, but I am still a student myself and I think she'd benefit from a good age-appropriate book written by someone with more years of experience in this area.

Ironically, I'm facing the exact same issue with a new PC I plan to give her. I'll probably stop short of full-blown parental-control software, but still plan to do a few things to steer her away from unsafe sites.

How about taking her to a medium? Maybe it could help set her mind at ease.

But I hope you try and get through to her about the dangers of the Ouija Board! The thing to keep in mind with the Ouija is that other entities might well impersonate someone you knew and loved and they can really mess with people's heads!

Oh, I know the longing for contact with the deceased loved ones so very well, but trust that they will make contact somehow if they get the possibility :)

It took 9 years before I heard from my dad, but it was for the best in my situation as I don't think I was ready earlier - though I was quite desperate in the months after his death!

Trust the universe that it knows what's best for you - and if she's so interested in these things now, then trust that she will get the possibility of contact when she's ready for it :)

blackroseivy

r0sered1ster said:
Using a Ouija board is kind of like leaving your front door wide open, anyone can wander in and there's no guarantee that those that wander in have your best interests at heart. In my opinion, it's best just to leave that door closed. I think that it's just human nature to be curious but we have to think of how much that curiosity might cost us.

After having ended up in the hospital as a direct result of Ouija contact (as I have posted here before), I can only say that this is a statement with which I fully agree.

blackroseivy

Ffortiwn said:
I think she'd benefit from a good age-appropriate book written by someone with more years of experience in this area.

There is a book called "The Most Dangerous Game" by Stoker Hunt - you can probably find it easily at Amazon, most likely out of print but available used very cheap. I have it & I must say it said things that I wish that I had heeded more closely later on from when I had read it years back...

Dark Crystal

blackroseivy said:
After having ended up in the hospital as a direct result of Ouija contact (as I have posted here before), I can only say that this is a statement with which I fully agree.

Wow, what happened? I've had some very nasty and bad happenings with the ouija!