Ouija Board Questions?

phoenixblu

my advice for ouijjis is burn them.... exactly what i did when my 16 old cousin admitted shed been playing with one with her friends.... i took it and burnt it in front of her..... i think i made a point!

peridot

I too have dabbled with the ouija in the past. I can only say that in the beginning it was very exciting and interesting to me. I went into it in the spirit of open mindedness and fun. These experiences were so interesting that I persisted with it and even made my own ~ gradually my experiences became very dark and oppressive. I still to this day think about that time in my life and wonder what the hell I invited in. It took a long time for me to get my head together after that and I still am searching for answers. Some may have good experiences I guess but I really think that it is just very dangerous. I know it's a fascinating thing and the draw to it can be very strong. If you are asking for my advice I will say do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from it!

peridot

blackroseivy said:
Caution STRONGLY advised... (For people who are prone, those "voices" in the board can get into your head, & these guests who may be invited or not are MUCH harder to dismiss than welcome!! :( )...

I found these quotes from another thread and this kind of thing is exactly what I'm talking about. Scary...and I wish someone had said this to me seventeen years ago:

Dark Inquisitor said:
It's not ok to play with the spirit world. It's not a game . Everyone thinks they are the one person who is magickally able to avoid whatever happened to anybody else . And maybe you will . But maybe you won't . In any event you better know what you're doing.

JoeS.

Thanks everybody,

I put the board away last night after I really freaked myself out. Im done using it. I guess I never really saw it as being "dangerous". I really dont want anything bad hanging around me right now, at this point in my life or ever.

aceofhearts

I wanted to say good move JoeS and proud of you! I dont know you but I have come face to face with some issues from a Ouija board. I didnt use it myself but I watched someone who did and all I can say is saw things I didnt know possible. I dont use Ouija myself. I dont wish to freak you out of your mind either but anyway well done you!

"bows"

butterfly_bookmark

Oh my gosh, please--for your sake and sanity, don't use the Ouija board. It plunged me into a deep and emotional hellhole for three years, and never will I touch one again... just thinking about it gives me the shivers.

Nevada

Curious

I still find it curious, and I wonder why precisely, but I've heard mostly bad news about those boards.

I had a bad experience with one myself, along with a group of other adolescent girls, many years ago. I used to think I'd just gotten superstitious about them because of my experience, and I used to always wonder if one of the other girls had manipulated it, trying to scare us.

But every time a thread comes up here that mentions them, I learn of others who've also found them bad news. So it's not just me.

I think if one came into my hands today, I'd promptly send it to the landfill.

Nevada

Disa

Nevada said:
I still find it curious, and I wonder why precisely, but I've heard mostly bad news about those boards.

Nevada

Yeah, I keep waiting for people to post the good experiences, too.

ruski_svet

My friends and I used one a few times at college. The first time, nothing creepy. Just talked to a few people.

With another group of friends, we were up for hours talking to spirits. Made for an interesting weekend looking up local facts to see if what they said was true. Then, one of us felt a hand on her back so we decided a midnight meeting at the campus chapel was in order. We did a Hail Mary, our friend's sensation on her back disappeared after the first night. We continued with that for a bit, just to be sure, and left the board alone.

kazza

I've been using a ouiji board called the Pyschic Circle for about a year, and sometimes I do get some mambo jumbo from it which I can't really make out what it is telling me but I have to say it has predicted a few things for me.

I stopped using it for a while when I thought the things it was saying weren't coming true then I went back and read my notes from it and realised it had actually told me my ex was going to leave me but I read what it was saying completely wrong, because of the way it tells me things it's like someone from a foreign country, when it said to me things like his name then go, or goodbye and stop etc, I took it wrong and expected us to be going on a trip. It also told me to push my father to go to doctor as he was close to a heart attack, 6 months on my dad had two, but then again I read what it said wrong and because it mentioned my mum I actually thought is was telling me about my mum's father that he had died of a heart attack or something. There has been a few things I misunderstood but when these things have happened then I realise what it was saying to me and slowly understanding the words it uses what they might mean.

But I have to say I am still doubtful of it and what I'm been told, and always try to protect myself as I have before gotten a trickster. The thing I noticed when I did get the trickster was that I felt very low after a session with it, where as normally I would actually feel happy. I sometimes even wonder if it's my subconscious moving the planchette, I don't really know, I'm sort of stuck in the middle of liking it and not.

What I would like to ask people with more knowledge than myself is how is it, that through a oiuji board that you are more likely to bring any spirit in or the lower spirits, rather than when you are doing cards or trying to connect with spirit guides in other ways. I mean this is really a piece of cardboard with a glass moving on top, so I don't really understand how different it is to using cards, a pendulum or other devices.