is haindl Tarot book out of print?

krad_hcf

Same as the topic

AJ

I don't know if it's out of print but there are a lot of copies on the secondary market.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Pollack&sts=t&tn=Haindl&x=44&y=14

I ordered my large size deck from an ABE site dealer from Germany and it arrived here in the US in perfect condition in a reasonable amount of time.

The above link shows 101 editions from 6 different countries...

Keep in mind that there are 3 editions. The original Majors, the original Minors, and the newer combined edition.

There was a thread recently on the differences, I believe the consensus was get the two separate editions if you can.

The main value of the books is the background information they give about the artist :) Which covers about 3 pages. Well, that isn't fair, I spent a lot of time with this deck and I did read the books. They do give you a jumping off place to begin your own journey into these wonderful cards, particularly the majors.

The minors weren't painted as tarot cards, the backgrounds are detailed sections pulled from whole paintings Haindl painted prior to doing the deck. Therefore your opinion of what you see in those details is just as valid as the book authors. Of course that applies to any deck.

stefficus

hey, thanks for the link! i need to pick up a copy of these yesterday.

AJ

coming back to add a point that
sravana makes in your other thread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=102927

I'd forgotten the keyword changes resulted in some book changes in the newest combined edition. So what you want might depend on which edition of the cards you get or have :)

I have the changes in my Haindl studies and can email them to you if you find you want them down the road a ways. I hope that makes sense to you, your English is very good...mine needs work some days...

krad_hcf

Thanks all of you !!

SolSionnach

re: changes in keywords - while they changed in the books, it is my understanding that the keywords on the deck have *not* changed. that being said, the deck is ****much**** nicer with the grey borders trimmed away (which includes the keywords).

YMMV and all that... :)