Magical Forest - 6 of Cups

karen0205

from lwb: Six: scruples and indecision cause inertness.

The card shows a couple having a drink together in a bright
sunny card with warm feelings. The only funky thing is the
look on his face. He looks like a deer in the headlights, like
he's not sure about this. The girl looks very restful, at peace
with where she is right now, enjoying the moment but the
boy is definitely not in the same frame of mind.
Maybe this has to do with his indecision and how it affects
the relationship and it's ability to move forward.
It's strange that there's a brick fence but the house is made with
a straw roof. What does that mean? the house is not as strong
as it should be?

The traditional meaning is happiness, enjoyment, pleasant memories,
new knowledge, new opportunities.
This doesn't seem to fit here.

What does anyone else think

Attachments

• Cups - 6.jpg
    Cups - 6.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 771

r0sered1ster

Magical Forest- Six of Cups

I think nostalgia and fond childhood memories with this card. I try to imagine this picture through the little boy bunny's eyes and wonder what gives him that google eyed look, is he trying to say that sometimes how we remember our past isn't always how it really was? Are we wearing rose colored glasses and remembering things a bit fuzzy? It does bring back memories of a time of wonder and innocence, of childhood and childhood friends. The thatched roof just seems to reinforce the rose colored glasses theory as it looks like a cottage out of fairy tales and nursery rhymes, something that speaks of dreams and imagination.

.traveller.

Notice how one cup is on the fence behind the boy bunny, another attachment perhaps... he accepts the cup from the girl bunny but doesn't reciprocate, his heart is elsewhere.

This could be an attachment to the rosy past, yet living in the now.

hshaffery

.traveller. said:
Notice how one cup is on the fence behind the boy bunny, another attachment perhaps... he accepts the cup from the girl bunny but doesn't reciprocate, his heart is elsewhere.

This could be an attachment to the rosy past, yet living in the now.

karen0205 said:
It's strange that there's a brick fence but the house is made with a straw roof. What does that mean? the house is not as strong as it should be?

I always think this card looks like he is handing the cup to the girl bunny, rather than the other way around. Her expression makes me think she might be rejecting the cup, you know, a little disdainful. But he still has that other cup sitting behind him for just such an occasion: if she says "no," he can always try again somewhere else. The weak looking house might allude to his flippancy with handing out his "emotions": this foundation is not a stable one.

.traveller.

I was looking at this card again and was thinking how the closed eyes indicate looking within and trust (i.e. Strength) while the open eyes show alertness/wariness and an outward focus, logic (ie. Justice). I had this card show up between those two trumps and I got thinking about the eyes. The 6 seems to be pointing to uniting the rational and the emotional responses in a situation, or the need to do just that.

giustizia

This thread has brought up so many different interpretations for this card that I hadn't considered before! I have a lot to add to my tarot journal! :)

I also think that this rabbit isn't allowing himself to be in the present with her, however I feel like he is being plagued by his own anxiety. He's fixating on his insecurities and is worried that his friend won't reciprocate his feelings for her...or worse, that she'll see the parts of himself that he has tried so hard to hide. I really love the way that the card captures his expression, it's almost as if we made him break character and he needs to compose himself quickly before she notices.

The other rabbit better represents the traditional, brighter aspects of this card. She looks very peaceful and receptive to her partner's offer of love and friendship. She instinctively knows how he's feeling and she unconditionally accepts him for who he is. She has already recognized the benefits of being emotionally open to other people, and in time she'll teach him to do this as well.