Mystery Symbol

Jacko85

Hey guys :)

Sorry, this post has to be brief as I'm in work. I hope I'm in the right forum here, it's a bit of a strange one...

Is anyone familiar with the style of this symbol? I know the picture isn't the best but it's driving me nuts - I've tried all kinds but just can't find anything even close. Image is here:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3200/2716335757_391cc8a4df_o.jpg

At first I thought it may be Egyptian but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

- Paul :)

Mathki

Jacko85 said:
Hey guys :)

Sorry, this post has to be brief as I'm in work. I hope I'm in the right forum here, it's a bit of a strange one...

Is anyone familiar with the style of this symbol? I know the picture isn't the best but it's driving me nuts - I've tried all kinds but just can't find anything even close. Image is here:

http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weirdsymboldd8.jpg

At first I thought it may be Egyptian but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

- Paul :)

I don't know the symbol, but it looks arabic - have you checked that out?

Jacko85

Yeah I have :(

Perhaps it's nothing, but I wanted to make sure before I gave up looking :)

memries

Never give up. Keep your eyes open for it. I once gave up on a symbol and regretted it. Also it depends how you got the symbol. It may represent a new path for you in some area of your life.

Milfoil

Looks like an 'old' style Chinese character - but I have no idea what.

What is the context of the symbol?

Jacko85

Erm, this sounds incredibly weird but... it just came to me. I was in work, I'd just finished a job and, strangely (as I never bother) I decided to quiet my mind and do a bit of meditation.

Seconds after coming out of it I felt a sudden urge to get some paper and a pen. I did so and... well, that was the result. I have no idea where it came from or what it means (if anything). I've never had anything like that before, I didn't want to let on at first because it really is a strange occurrence.

Now it's bugging me though as it does somehow look familiar :(

[EDIT] I should mention that it all seemed very specific too. i.e. the right hand line had to be a little thicker at the bottom :S

Oh, and I'm no artist at all - I never draw anything as I can't; I only ever put pen to paper to write a quick note or reminder in the office.

zannamarie

Looks like two people dancing to me. :)

I flipped through some of the symbols at symbols.com, but didn't look at all the pages. Didn't see anything like this.

Jacko85

zannamarie said:
Looks like two people dancing to me. :)

I can see where you're coming from with that, though I hadn't noticed it up until you said :D

The closest match I've found so far is Japanese, though I think it's ancient Japanese. It has similar curves etc; see what you think:

http://www.ancientscripts.com/japanese.html

willowfox

It is Chinese style and not Japanese.

But you seem to have drawn it incorrectly, the 2 dots on top and the blob in the middle are not right.