Dragonfly Magic all around :))

a_shikhs

I have been coming across a lot of dragonflies these days. Lot of dragonfly activity happening around. ;)

Last week, I saw quite a few dragonflies outside my house. Then a few days ago, I had gone shopping and was all of a sudden drawn to a beautiful pair of glares which had small dragonflies on the sides. While wearing them yesterday, I got loads of compliments for my glares, especially for the diamond studded dragonflies on both sides. Then last night, while taking a walk with my sister and friends outside my house, a beautiful gold ring with a diamond studded dragonfly fell near my feet out of nowhere. It is the prettiest ring I've ever seen. I took it home and now I can't stop wearing it. :D

This has to be more than a coincidence. So many dragonflies around me these days. I'm sure that there's a hidden message for me but don't know what. Any idea what dragonflies symbolize?

Shadow213

I don't know what they symbolize but I too saw a ton at the creek near my house.

I do however know of a legend stating that dragonflies actually live on the fairy plane that they're actually sprites and even though those creatures don't like to be observed, dragonflies don't really mind it at all which is why every now and again we can see them.

Maybe something in the Fairy plane or even a realm beyond that is trying to send you a message. Maybe someone is trying to contact you in some way by what has happened. I personally can't think of anything at the moment but I do know that one day you will find out what the meaning to all these dragonflies

annabubble

I found this on Google a while ago but it doesn't say who wrote it. I found it rather helpful though :)

"Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.

They are fantastic flyers, darting like light, twisting, turning, changing direction, even going backwards as the need arises. They are inhabitants of two realms - starting with water, and moving to the air with maturity, but staying close to water. Some people who have the dragonfly as their totem have had emotional and passionate early years, but as they get older they achieve balance with mental clarity and control. They gain an expression of the emotional and mental together.

Dragonflies are old and adaptive insects, and are most powerful in the summer under the effects of warmth and sunlight. Their colors are a result of reflecting and refracting the power of light. As a result, they are associated with color magic, illusion in causing others only to see what you wish, and other mysticism.

The are often represented in Japanese paintings, representing new light and joy. To some Native Americans they are the souls of the dead. Faerie stories say that they used to be real dragons.

Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and can reflect the light in powerful ways if we choose to do so. "Let there be light" is the divine prompting to use the creative imagination as a force within your life. They help you to see through your illusions and allow your own light to shine in a new vision."

And I totally get the whole dragonfly thing. years ago my mum bought me a dragonfly necklace and it's become a sort of talisman to me :)

anna x

blackroseivy

WOW this was enlightening!

I have a little dragonfly, too - someone from another forum I have since left sent it to me quite some time ago (she made it out of beads & wire). I found it when I was moving...

If by "glares" you mean "sunglasses" :D , I wonder if by looking through them you might see more than perhaps others might...? Just a thought... ;)

MsRubyRain

What amazing experiences you have been having a_shikhs! Funny I should come across this post. I was outside today and saw a big dragonfly, I marveled how big and beautiful it was and how it was the first one I have seen all year.

~Blessings~

HearthCricket

Dragonflies are certainly in the air, this time of year! I love them and truly feel their summer busyness as well as almost the feeling of them being fey in disguise, in full celebration and activity as the summer enters its last full month. I also saw a huge dragonfly, in our garage, yesterday. He was caught inside and I was able to herd him out! Chubby blue fellow! It is always magical to see them zoom around!!

a_shikhs

You won't believe what happened!!! Yesterday, I was gifted a black and gold diary by a friend and it has a HUGE golden dragonfly on the cover. :bugeyed: :bugeyed: Definitely some message is being conveyed to me. But what??
I will try and attach a picture of the diary and the gold ring.

I had a similar experience a few months ago with ladybugs. :D

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=98570

blackroseivy said:
If by "glares" you mean "sunglasses" :D, I wonder if by looking through them you might see more than perhaps others might...? Just a thought... ;)
hahahaa.. Wish they were magical sunglasses with a bit of faery dust in them. ;)

blackroseivy

May I inquire what exactly they are?? :D

Mellifluous

If you look up the book Animal Spirit Guides (by Steven Farmer) on amazon.com, you can use the 'search inside this book' feature to look up Dragonfly. I remember the Ladybug meanings were pretty accurate for you, so might be interesting to see if Dragonfly is, too.

Enjoy your new items! That's so cool how they keep coming to you.