Tarot Dice, anyone?

MoreMagic

Has anyone tried the Tarotocy Dice that Solandia recently reviewed? If you did, how were they to read from? I'm tempted, but hesitate, particularly because of the point Solandia made about a few combinations not being possible with the dice because of cards sharing the same die. (If this query belongs in Tarot Media not Decks, I apologize! :)

HudsonGray

Well, you can counter that with doing up a set of your own using the 'rune' idea. I did my own rune set by getting some of those flattened glass marbles they use in decorative fish tanks, drawing the rune on paper, cutting it out, using Elmer's glue to put it on the flattened back side of the glass, then going over the back & edges with clear fingernail polish (I tried Modge Podge but they stuck together & the paper pulled off--the fingernail polish took care of that entire problem). Just make sure to use good ventilation with the nail polish though or you'll be killing brain cells!

A marble for each card, a bag to put them in, shake & draw your spread!

(Bet they'd sell too!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I'm in the SCA, and a merchant, yep one of them bottom feeding scum sucking merchants....and PROUD of it! (See me at Pennsic, booth #44)!

MoreMagic

Great idea - now if I could just find the time....;-)

Sea Sprite

Hi HudsonGray,

Great idea... Thanks for sharing! :D

Sea Sprite
:CL

femalegamer

If you want a rune style deck done, my husband would be happy to cut a custom set in wood, presumably just with the name? website link removed by moderator He also assumes that people will use the wooden pirate tarot the same way.

I've thought about having him cut a set for me that have a whole to string them like charms, where the join in the cord can pass through the charms.

As a gamer, for the dice, as much as I hate to cut under someone's business, there are a LOT of pretty dice out there, available from companies such as Chessex and Crystal Caste, including dice made out of metal and gemstone. While 24 and 14 sided dice are, on the other hand, not common, I'm sure that someone could come up with a system that works for them.

http://www.crystalcaste.com/
http://www.chessex.com/

raventepes

I've seen a set of tarot dice (not that type though) and have been curious about them. It looks like they're based off the Marseilles tarot. I might buy them evenually...prolly will at any rate.

Little Baron

I like the idea of tarot runes. Where you could just grab a handful and cast them on the table. With very limited artwork. Just a name or symbol. In different colours. Very nice. Might make some at one point

LB

raventepes

I've actually been working on a set of tarot runes on and off for a little while now. They're only going to be majors only, but I've been having fun with it.

Little Baron

Would be great to see them at some point RT. Would be nice to see how different sets varied.

LB