Dream...White snakes

nwb1234

Hi there,

I had this weird dream last night...just glimpses of two white snakes...big cobras, one of them was shedding its skin. I was not in the dream, they were not attacking me either...they seemed quiet but moving...Any interpretations? Thanks! A bit spooky, though :)

memries

The symbology pertaining to Snake is really as ancient as it gets. So very many meanings are available. Contrary as they are it depends how you look at it, where you are from and how you perceive them.

I have never been afraid of Snake and think it is just a wonderful symbol to receive in your dream. To me, Snake would mean power, versatility, intelligence, alien. So it will depend on your feelings toward Snake. The thing to do is to research it and decide for yourself.

The striking thing in the dream is that it is shedding its skin. They do this when they grow larger and can no longer be contained. If you apply that part to your life maybe you are becoming someone who you were not previously as well. You are growing and changing and becoming new again.
Or maybe you will do something to cause that.

White, not sure, albino or maybe there are snakes of this color. Again Google can be your best friend. Hope this helps just a bit.

nwb1234

Thanks

Yes, I meant albino! That was one of the striking things about the dream and yes, what you say (total transformation) makes total sense...I'll look further into the albino thing...thanks a lot though :)

memries

What Albino means to me... a lack of pigmentation in the skin. Also pink eyes. Thank of what it means to you before you research it.

I understand that Albino animals are revered as holy. ie, White Buffalo or White Bull which I have studied.

celeste

Snakes are often initiatory animals. They symbolise awakening to the deeper mysterys. They can also symbolise a death or rebirth process. The fact that you saw them shedding thier skin indicates that this is probably happening for you on some significant level. Another resource would be Ted Andrews book (or website) Animal Speak.