Inviting in your guides...

HearthCricket

I just had an excellent oracle reading, but between it and several other readings I have done for myself, lately, I keep getting the same message. The guides (Divine beings and Angels) are there, waiting for me, but I have not invited them in. I am not opening the door, even though they are knocking. We talked about spending more quiet time and trying to listen more for them, or look for "signs" of their presence. I have no trouble connecting to my animal guides, but have always been sad because I feel like there is no angels watching over me, and here I am a Catholic!

Does anyone have any suggestion or ritual they recommend to help "invite" them in? One idea I had was taking some time to reflect, gathering up a bunch of my Doreen Virtue and Goddess cards, literally saying "Okay, who wants to be my guide and friend??" and pulling some cards to see who comes up! Then take it from there and meditate on them.

I had a real slap in the face when before we started the reading she said she wanted both of us to call upon our Divine Beings/Guides/Spirits, etc., and build a bridge and meet halfway and connect. As I was doing this I realized I could not even extend halfway up the bridge. I had a guide shortage! lol So, now I really want to work on this!

lark

Before you go to sleep each night ask your guides to come to you in a dream and introduce themselves, that is how I met mine...then after that they became more evident in my daily life.
When you awaken each morning after asking for your guides to introduce themselves lay still for a few minutes and try and remember your dreams...a little pen and paper by the bed side helps to.
Sometimes I've woke in the middle of the night with a guide dream and was glad I wrote it down right then and not waited untill morning.
Once they introduce themselves they often bring you special messages through dreams.

Milfoil

HearthCricket said:
I had a real slap in the face when before we started the reading she said she wanted both of us to call upon our Divine Beings/Guides/Spirits, etc., and build a bridge and meet halfway and connect. As I was doing this I realized I could not even extend halfway up the bridge. I had a guide shortage! lol So, now I really want to work on this!

I think there is the key.

Yes, you have guides who are waiting to work with you BUT are you willing to come half way to work with them?

What does coming half way mean?

Is it a bit scary what they may ask you to do? If you open up and invite them into your life, will it be all you expected? Are you imagining what it will be like before it has happened? What do you think will happen?

What difference would it make if you asked them to help you build that bridge? If you ask for a sign and they send you a message - will you recognise it?

HearthCricket

Milfoil said:
I think there is the key.

Yes, you have guides who are waiting to work with you BUT are you willing to come half way to work with them?

What does coming half way mean?

Is it a bit scary what they may ask you to do? If you open up and invite them into your life, will it be all you expected? Are you imagining what it will be like before it has happened? What do you think will happen?

What difference would it make if you asked them to help you build that bridge? If you ask for a sign and they send you a message - will you recognise it?

I think that is exactly what I plan to start working on, today. Inviting them to help me build my bridge. See who comes forward, be it from pulling a card or seeing a photo or something that suddenly grabs me, somehow...I know they are there, I am just blocking them. But we "moved a lot of energy", yesterday, according to my reader, and we hope we also moved that block! I think it will be very fun and interesting to see how this manifests!

Sophie

I think our guides are inside us already - we don't need to invite them in, they are a part of us. Simply become consciously aware of their presence and love, of their guidance - guidance that, had we but known it, we have received all our lives.

As for suggestions to become aware of their presence at the heart of us - I can only say what I did. I started to meditate without any intention to do anything but be there with myself and unite with all things. Before long, I became aware of one, then several guides inside me. I encountered them fleetingly at first - a voice, a few words, an image, a smell, a synchronicity. Little by little my awareness of their presence increased. I used no ritual - just gratitude, love and openness.

Eventually, when I learnt to journey shamanically, they became daily companions in my life, communicating with me in journey, in dreams, in meditations, or in times of alpha-consciousness (like when I do the washing up, or drive).

Their guidance has been so astonishingly precise and useful!

JONIKA

I haven't seen or heard my guides yet. I 've been trying to do that through meditation, but without any success so far. HOwever, they do communicate with me through my dreams and through tarot cards. Maybe you just need to realize that they are there - communicating --> and once you realize this and figure out the means of this communication, the half-bridge will be formed :)

HearthCricket

It definitely will be interesting to see how they reveal themselves to me, but I also have to take that special time to quiet myself and devote that time to inviting them in, calling on them and seeing what happens from there. Yesterday I used my Ascended Masters Cards to see who would come up and got Manjushri who is "Listen" and the cards I have been pulling have been all about quieting down and taking time to listen to my guides because they are trying to contact me, but I am blocking them out. I may even pull out my drum and do some drumming and meditating to see who appears on my "bridge"!! I want to invite them in and work with them, but I don't want to force the issue, either, or then I don't feel it will be valid, if that makes any sense!!!

SunChariot

My belief, that I got from reading a number of Doreen Virtue books (Angels 101 is a great place to start) is that we ALL have guardian angels that are with us all of our lives and never leave our sides. Whether or not we believe in them is irrelevant, they are assigned to us at birth (if not a bit before) and are always at our side to help us if we ask. It is usual to have (meaning every one of us has) 3 of 4 guardian angels with us, but we can ask for more to be near us at specific times of to be near someone else who needs help.

My personal take on what you have been saying is, you have been blocking them by not accepting that they are there. You said you have always felt sad that you felt there were no angels watching over you. I think that could be the source of your blockage and maybe if you figured out why you have always felt that way and where that feeling came from in your life, you would get to the bottom of things.

As for taking a some Doreen Virtue decks and asking of the angels who wants to be your friend, that is still sounding like you do not believe in your guardian angels who are already your friend and always by your side. It's as though by looking for new angel "friends" you are saying to the ones that currently are there with you that you don't see them and they don't exist for you, closing your heart to them who so love you and want to talk to you.

My ideas of some good places to start:
Try the Connecting with your Angels kit by Doreen Virtue. It is a really fun kit that I loved.
also the book Angels 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Angels

And last but certainly not least, stop and look at all the happy coincidences in your life. Think of any time that something showed up unexpectedly in your life just when you most needed it, all the times when things could have gone wrong and didn't, all the times when your gut feelings lead you to do something out of character that worked out for you really well.

Stop and think about it, make as long a list as you can, either mentally or on paper and then know that those times were not coincidences at all, but your guardian angels leading you on your best path. And then just sincerely thank them and let your heart fill with love and gratitude for all they have been for you so far and for all they will be in the future.

That is the start, they tend to communciate more when we know they are there, open our hearts to them and let them fill with love and gratitude and just talk to them a lot. They answer in all kinds of ways...

Hope that mades some sense and helped in some way. I think what you are doing that is blocking things for you is looking so hard to bring angels into your life that you are negating the ones that are already there and that blocks them from communicating well with you.

Babs

Sophie

HearthCricket said:
It definitely will be interesting to see how they reveal themselves to me, but I also have to take that special time to quiet myself and devote that time to inviting them in, calling on them and seeing what happens from there. Yesterday I used my Ascended Masters Cards to see who would come up and got Manjushri who is "Listen" and the cards I have been pulling have been all about quieting down and taking time to listen to my guides because they are trying to contact me, but I am blocking them out. I may even pull out my drum and do some drumming and meditating to see who appears on my "bridge"!! I want to invite them in and work with them, but I don't want to force the issue, either, or then I don't feel it will be valid, if that makes any sense!!!
There are already inside you, Hearthcricket. They need no invitation to come in where they already are at home. All you need to do is quieten yourself inside and get out of your own way. Don't try so hard - just let it happen... It's like love - the harder you try, the more difficult it is. In fact, it is a form of love, spiritual love. So when you drum, lose yourself in the drum, do it for its own sake, without intent, for the joy of drumming and its magical vibrations - just as you do when you make love; and likewise when you meditate, or take a walk in nature. That's all your guides need to make themselves known to you - that openness, that ease, the heightened perception that comes from being absolutely in the moment and in union with yourself and all things. They are already there, remember...

Dancing Bear

Imagine through visualising yourself reaching up and out to them,trying to picture what you think they may look like, ( You do not have to be exact at all) feel yourself accepting their Love and Help. surrendering and allowing yourself to trust..

Do this a few times a week at any time.. mainly when alone and in a quiet enviroment.. Bedtime or in the bathtub always a good place..

They "will" show themselves, Now you have asked.. you just need to be willing to meet them..and connect

Dont beat yourself up in the meantime.. have patience with yourself..relax and be mindful not measure time..