I hate the Star boo!

Pao

I know I am probably the only demented person in the free world to dislike this card and to see it as a negative but I hate getting it because i expect bad news right after it! look at today, I had plans to go see a show tonight and hope to run into the guy I like since its his birthday and the show will be in his neighborhood the odds of finding him there were somewhat good. I pulled my card for the day and pull The Star. "aw no!" I thought, ok fine i tried to see the positive and thought maybe I will have a relaxing day or something. I put the card back and out of curiousity and me being nosy I pulled a card for the day for the guy too (being his birthday and all) and what do I get The Star! "this sucks" I thought. I call my friend now and it turns out she has to work tonight so I cant go to the show, I wont see the guy and the only hopes of me seeing him are now down the drain. so I dont like this card :( boo! double BOO! it seems like a warning of a crappy day laid ahead :(

SwordsQueen

Hey now, there is still hope for another day ...

sweet_intuition

Oh my! Is there any deck in particular whose Star Card you hate, or is it just any random Star card?

Pao

WELL I used the Universal waitte which I am not so fond of that image, i find it ugly.... :bugeyed:

and furthermore why did he get same card as me?? boo star boo!

sweet_intuition

Pao said:
WELL I used the Universal waitte which I am not so fond of that image, i find it ugly.... :bugeyed:

and furthermore why did he get same card as me?? boo star boo!

Well, maybe you have a personal dislike to this deck's star card. Perhaps you could try another deck that has a purtier Star Card... Like the Robin Wood Deck... that Star Card is super pretty... a bit 'blonde' but purty nonetheless.

Bronwyn1

Know what Pao, I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I find it means for me anyway, don't get your hopes up, hope for hope's sake. I don't know, maybe it's means HOPE for the future but not right now. Beats me!

Pao

honestly I find the card depressing. It never really means your dreams are fullfilled to me. its like give up it wont happen, stay home or you'll get rained on.

Sophie

How odd. It's always been the most ravishing and encouraging of cards for me - meaning both hope and healing, but also advising a certain detachment from the outcome, a cosmic approach. It's a very spiritual card, a card of union with the divine, but it's also a card of love.

If you are getting it in that context, Pao, then look to your attitude towards attachment and expectations - it could be you've not yet made the difference between hope and expectation. Perhaps, also, you are uncomfortable with the card's implicit effect of patient and slow-moving progress.

I learned to work with the Star during the two years my beloved and I were apart. Recently we have reconnected in a most beautiful way, and are going to see each other again in a week (we live in two different continents now, so he's travelling to see me...guided by his star ;)). The Star came to mean the healing we both needed to go through, and the hope that our love would prevail - while at the same time, it encouraged me not to fixate on the outcome. I was to live every moment of my life, find meaning in myself and not simply live for the moment when would be reunited. Learning to do that, truly reconnecting with myself, as well as with him, through the power of the Star card, has been a magical journey. The Star shows the whole power of the cosmos, the softness and mystery of night, the vulnerability and honesty of nakedness, and the healing power of running water.

The Star is reappearing in my readings, alongside other, earthier cards. I know it means that I am not to load the time we will spend together with expectations, but to let love heal all wounds and do its gentle work for the two of us. The miracle I had hoped for on the Star card has happened - I must let it continue :love:

I also think the Star card means "soulmate", or "twin flame". At least, to me it does :)

Pao

I dont know. I thought it meant soulmates, love, kindred spirits, magic....I do see a sense of patience with it and we all know i have 0 of that and i struggle with it, so perhaps it was saying to wait for a better time. After all the weather here is horrible and yesterday i almost got hit by lightning so it could be saying wait until the rain stops! its just "funny" because i had my hopes up high for something good to happen tonight but the opposite is so. i dont know maybe i should meditate with the card and become friends with her.

Grizabella

If we always got what we wanted, we probably wouldn't survive long in this life. I'd rather get what I need than what I want. I see the Star card as meaning I'll have what I need, not that my every wish will be granted.