How committed & monogomous is the knight of cups?

Pao

Since this is the dreamer, the romantic "fool", how monogomous, committed and faithful is he? To me the knight of pentacles and the knight of wands both are clear cut, in that the knight of pents is stable, committed and faithful while the knight of wands is not. he is sexual and adventurous. the knight of swords and cups are in the middle for me, leaving me wondering but i figured since the knight of swords comes into your life with speed he might also leave your life just as quickly and not be the type to settled down into a monogomous relationship. (of course all this depending on the others cards)so then that leaves the knight of cups. I think that as romantic as he is, he really wants love and a relationship but I dont know how ready he is to be monogomous. he might get bored once he has the love he desires and become infatuated with someone new. I dont believe necessairliy is the the unfaithful type because he seems sensivite to hurt someone else but I dont see him as mature to be enough to be commited.

so is the knight of pentacles the only faithful, monogomous and commited one in the bunch? where does the knight of cups fit in then? how ready is he for this type of relationship? if at all.....

Hooked on TdM

Well I would have to go by experience of knowing this type here. Dreamers are idealists. Cheating wouldn't come into that. They hold the ideal of love, romance and soul mates as the highest attainment they could seek. These are the ones that have a hard time of letting go of relationships, no matter how screwed up it is because they can't let the dream die. They would put you high up on that pedestal and refuse to take you off of it. Cheating? Not a chance. But try to get these ones to face reality! HA! Good luck there!

Hooked

ETA: My Dad is a dreamer.. :)

SolSionnach

When I think of the knight of cups I often think of this card, from the Cosmic: http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/27/Cosmic#123.jpg

I don't see the Kn/Cp as being monogamous at all. I see him as one of those fellows who is guided by that other head between his legs, I also see him as being a bit dark.

(yes, the cosmic Kn/Cp is modeled on Tom Cruise...) :(

Grizabella

My oldest grand that lives with me loves the guys she calls "emo" guys. That's what the Knight of Cups is to me. A very "emo" type of young man who brings flowers, jewelry and candy and is tender and gentle and has limpid, dreamy eyes, kind of girly longer hair and can cry with ease if he's dumped. There's been a bower of flowers and a good many tears around here, let me tell you! And now my youngest grand just got a big bouquet of roses and lilies the other day that's still here on the coffee table from a boy who is trying to edge out the steady boy. Last time that steady boy got dumped, he was crying, too. The Knights of Cups want the happily ever after ending. :rolleyes: Knights of Cups knee deep around here.

Kind of as a footnote, the girls are really not into serious boy relationships. I'm relieved about that. They're both more interested in other stuff and looking toward what they want to do in the future in other areas. We're getting quite a collection of pictures of them with flowers, though. :p

Sooooo---sorry to be off topic, but that's what the Knight of Cups is to me. Very "emo" and tender and sincere.

Knight of Wands is the budding ladies' man. Love'em and leave'em. This is the one, srvana, that is led by the "wand" between his legs in my opinion.

Knight of Pentacles is the football hero.

Knight of Swords the computer geek/studious type. Probably belongs to the chess club.

rwcarter

I really think it depends on the deck. In the Mythic and Robin Wood decks, I would say that the KnC would be committed and faithful because I associate them more with "courtly" love/love from a distance/platonic love.

In the Ancient Egyptian, I see him more like sravana sees the KnC in the Cosmic - he has ulterior motives and while he may appear to be committed and faithful, if he is, it's only because he's got some other plan going; otherwise, if he sees something/someone better or more interesting, he's off to his next conquest/victim....

Rodney

Pao

well I have been using my spiral this month so I am basing the question on him. he looks like he really wants love so much but is he ready for that commitment? like I mentioned above I dont see him as the cheater because i think he has good feelings within. Lets face it I AM the KoC! lol and while I think I am ready for all of these I mentioned I do know that I can be a real dreamer and like hooked mentioned i may hold on to something that i should be letting go of at times. I really like your view of the KoC as being the type to believe in soulmates and such, it does fit him. and Grizabella your view of him being Emo was awesome! i guess he could be one of the Jonas brothers! well all of them really :D I never saw the KoS as the coumper geek btw i always figured that would be the KoP. very interesting. thank you for that!

le fey

I actually tend to see all the Knights at risk of choosing to cheat - they're on the move and want action and a target to go after, and a long running relationship where things are more maintanence than goal aren't really their turf.

So it's not so much which ones might cheat as it is HOW will they cheat if they do.

The Knight of Wands cheats because he's horny. Saw it, wants it, gets it.

The Knight of Pents cheats because he is in need of touch or was sensorily stimulated... she smells good. Or she cheats because he knows how to treat a woman (ie, expensive dinner, great car...). They're in it for the experience and don't see it as needing to be disruptive to their primary relationship.

The Knight of Swords cheats because he's angry and has figured out a way to rationalize why it isn't really cheating or why it's justfiable under the current conditions ("My wife doesn't understand me.")

The Knight of Cups couldn't help it... he fell in love with the object of his attentions and of course if you feel strongly, you must follow those feelings. And furthermore, he thought his old love was perfect and worthy of such lofty feelings and then one day she woke up with pillow face, can you imagine? and then forgot to say I love you as he left - and didn't buy his new favorite brand of coffee he hasn't told her about but IF SHE LOVED HIM SHE'D HAVE KNOWN and she's just not the person he thought she was and I guess that wasn't real love.. not like that NEW person across the street that I think is maybe my SOULMATE and is just perfect...

starrystarrynight

I don't see the Knight of Cups as a cheater at all. While he is focused on someone he is focused on her. BUT, as soon as someone else comes along who tickles his romantic fancy, he will drop the first one to go after the new one.

In that way, he isn't really cheating on the first...he has already left her in his mind and heart to seek someone else (to whom he will be faithful until the next one comes along who captures his attention.)

So, I think a better word for him in this regard would be undependable for the long term...great and romantic while his attention is there, but easily led on to a new adventure at the drop of a hankie. :)

tarotlyn

...Sorry to say that (I think) there are a lot of "one night stands" associated
with the Knight of Cups!!! :eek:

He can be romantic and charming...but he can be gone just as quick as he came! :laugh:

SGrossberg

Perhaps the Knight of Cups would say, "I haven't stopped loving, I've just started loving someone new." This attitude might not be as callous as others have noted or as base as others intimate. And it might have to do more with the sanctity with which this Knight holds emotions and, thus, the "moving on" might only be that s/he feels that his/her emotions have not been reciprocated. This Knight is as loyal as the next provided, of course, their emotional offers are accepted and returned.

Just some thoughts. Enjoy. - Scott