The Process by Dan Pelletier 6 Audio CD's

Mariana

firemaiden said:
Dan's oratory style is at least half the fun.
How about a combo then?

Umbrae

Mariana said:
So yes, a book, please. Something that I can underline and work with. I mean, most tarot readers are bound to be visual people, right? (Well, if you 'read' cards, that is, it may be different if you're 'listening' to a voice...) People's choice of metaphors can be telling too. ;)
Just got off the phone with that Dan guy.

He says, “the visual aspects of Tarot have been covered. There are thousands of books on the visual aspects. And that is part of the problem with our field. But all the decks, and all the books won’t teach you to read Tarot. Part of our failing as a profession – is the failure to listen.

“Ever talk to some customer service type, or a doctor or whatever…and have them interrupt you and tell you the answer…and you have to say, “if you’d let me finish…” Reading Tarot is all about listening. Listening to the sitter, listening without judgment. Listening to that space between the cards…

“The audio format also allows one to listen during a commute, while you’re jogging, while riding a bicycle. We can use that time we’re spending getting healthy as an opportunity to also feed our brain.

“Wasn’t it Grace Slick who told us, “Feed your head, feed your head…”

That Dan guy sure gets on a roll…:cool2:

avalonian

Leisa said:
Dan initially said NO to a print book. But I think I've gotten him talked into it so any nagging on your part would be a big help. Some of the content is different in the audio version for a variety of reasons but I personally don't think it needs to be re-written to match exactly.

I think a book would be wonderful to go with the CDs. I love listening to audio books to learn but I also like to do a quick "look up" with a book to refresh my memory. Quicker to find the bit you're looking for in a book.

Couldn't hurt, could it?

:)

Erzebet

mac22 said:
Unfortunately many do not learn well from audio books...I say at least a book..... but hey why not a video:D

Mac22

Exactly. I hate audio books, for some reason they really annoy me. They also put me to sleep :laugh: I really hope a book gets printed. With a book too I can skip parts that get me sidetracked too. No way to do that with an audio book easily.

You can really "listen" when reading a book, you don't have to listen to an actual voice. Again, some just can't get on with audio books.

Quester

Listening IS a good thing...I won't argue with that, but there are times when it would add a lot to the learning process IF we were able to get the book out to either look up information quickly for verification or just to intensify what we listened to. :D

Disa

I think that Dan guy knows what he's talkin bout. So...I'm just gonna listen :)

mac22

Umbrae said:
Just got off the phone with that Dan guy.

“Wasn’t it Grace Slick who told us, “Feed your head, feed your head…”

That Dan guy sure gets on a roll…:cool2:

Well strictly speaking the Dormouse said "Feed your head....."

Gracie just belted out the song.....:p

Mac22

Baroli

You can write your own book actually by using a journal and as you listen, take notes. I am doing that now.

mac22

Baroli said:
You can write your own book actually by using a journal and as you listen, take notes. I am doing that now.

OOOOOO I like it!!!!!!!!:) Giddyup Express Mail!

Mac22

Baroli

And then discuss what notes have been taken on the study thread. Oh there are a myriad of ideas here. :D