Rainring Masterclass set 8 card 66: Explosion

94stranger

66. Explosion: group – heart (3 green)
http://www.rainring.co.uk/Cards/Explosion/66.aspx
The Image

In the foreground, a young man and woman, infatuated, gaze into each other’s eyes. They also hold each other physically, and we surmise that they are in love and either are or will shortly be in the making-love stage of their relationship. Immediately behind, and towering over them in an apparently threatening manner is a large brown bear. However, a vertical line of toggles in the centre of its chest tell us that the ‘bear’ is a costumed man, not an actual animal. The ‘bear’ is being held back by an individual in a fool’s outfit, who is holding it by a chain and grinning broadly.

The Meaning
Explosion: 1) the surge of orgasmic energy occasioned by the fusion of male and female; 2) falling in love; 3) dramatic event, upheaval, violent outburst
A General

Explosion is the set 8 card belonging to the heart group, and its core meaning concerns the coming together of male and female in the moment of orgasm. The meeting point of Spirit and Will is seen as being at the mid-point between the two, in the heart. The attraction between the poles must, because it is inherent in the nature of humans, lead to coupling. This produces children, but in our view the latter is not its driving force. Male, female and the magnetic force between them is, for Rainring, an inherent property of the psyche. The outer result is children; the inner one is Creation in some other form.

B Specific

Your inner aspect here is one of sympathy, in the sense of a harmonisation between yourself and another. What you and your partner – your polar opposite - have in common is obsession: the imperative unconscious drive to unite. We tend to refer to this as the sex drive, but behind the physical drive is a psychific one. Your relationship is very much in the moment: unreflective, unselfconscious. You are carried away by the magnetic force of the attraction. This is a primitive energy overwhelming any sophisticated defences which you might have attempted to build against it. You are in the grip of powerful unconscious forces which are capable of shaking your existence to its foundations. At the same time, this is a kind of forced programme of education – learning that your body has its own agenda, and you cannot always keep it under control, i.e. subjugate it, using reason or emotion; you can be precipitated out of the fortress of your self-control and exposed to whatever life outside the walls has to teach you. There are occasions when your mind has to take a back seat, and you will have to wait for the force of desire to spend itself somewhat before it can return again to take part in your communication.

The opposition to this force is going to come from the context of long-term relationship at which you are trying to work. Such a conjugation-type relationship involves having to face many painful episodes, many moments of estrangement and alienation from your partner. If the force of Explosion between you and a third party intrudes itself into such a conjugation situation, it is going to add greatly to the difficulties of that long-term conjugation relationship. On the other hand, where there is a long-term relationship which is never going to achieve anything, the external force of Explosion, with its potential to split such a relationship apart, will on balance be a beneficial force.

To sum up, Explosion is a short-term phenomenon, and will cause you serious problems. In this state you lack balance: you are all ‘us’ and no ‘me’. You are intoxicated with the euphoria of infatuation and you cannot back off from it: It is your most powerful experience since the infant bond with your mother. It is going make you resist the demands of your self for space and light. But, in this moment of Explosion, all that is no more than a small cloud on the horizon.

Explosion also has an inner sense, which might arise at moments of exceptional psychific activity, such as for example during an intense phase of creative work by an artist or writer. If you are undergoing a major inner upheaval, particularly where Spirit-Will conjunction is involved, this card could show in a reading. Finally, it has been found that the Unconscious extends the meaning of Explosion to refer to any dramatic situation which the querant may encounter.

Divination meanings

being in love; infatuation, euphoria, loss of personal boundaries; infantile bonding emotions; living in the moment; being in the grip of unconscious contents; inflation; abandon; abandonment of responsibilities; repression of needs of self.

ana luisa

This is surely a card about being completely in love! They are oblivious to danger, to foolish remarks of others and it feels like at any moment, the bear will fall upon them. And will disappear/disintegrate as it does. That is such a beautiful image. Love againsts odds, danger, prejudice (the fool) . Love because it does conquer all if it is true. the green at the background remined me of envy. People who are that happy with each other are magnets to jealous companies. Funny, I didn't see orgasm here but a complete rapture in the lovers' regard :)

Hi Peter, I missed "analysing" the RR's cards :)

94stranger

Hi Ana

Hi Ana,
so nice to see you reappear. I've just had three months off for earning my living (not doing it from Rainring, alas!) Now I've nearly finished everything for the directory: just four more rewrites of set 2 to do, and then I'm going to start assembling all the divinatory meanings for the 81 cards featured on the web site. This (Explosion) and the other set 8 cards were done back in the spring, but I ran out of time and was too busy to post on Aeclectic. I'll put the rest of set 8, together with set 9 up over the next few weeks.

I'll stick something in the advertising section when the divination meanings for the whole directory is all ready to go.