The Touchstone Tarot Study Group

Erzebet

A request

I have a request!

Could someone better with thread searching find those posts from awhile back that listed the deck portraits and who they really were, history wise? Wasn't there a few posts? I know they were only a couple peoples opinions but as I recall one of the posters was VERY knowledgeable about Tudor history ect.? Could someone find those posts and post them in a seperate thread for the study group? I looked and can't find a thing!

I think it will be wonderful to look at those lists and go do some research for images and info online on these historical personages :D What fun! And it will add SO much to our understanding and connection to our 78 friends :love:

Thank you so much! :)

Sulis

Moderator message

Hi Folks,

I've started an index thread for this study group and added it to the study group index which is a sticky thread at the top of the Tarot Study Groups forum:

Index of Study Groups
Touchstone Tarot index thread

If I could be contacted by PM when a new thread is started in this study group I'd be very grateful :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

happyphantom

I'd love to be in the TT study group!

tarotlyn

Count me in, please:heart:

stargazer

Erzebet said:
I have a request!

Could someone better with thread searching find those posts from awhile back that listed the deck portraits and who they really were, history wise? Wasn't there a few posts? I know they were only a couple peoples opinions but as I recall one of the posters was VERY knowledgeable about Tudor history ect.? Could someone find those posts and post them in a seperate thread for the study group? I looked and can't find a thing!

I think it will be wonderful to look at those lists and go do some research for images and info online on these historical personages :D What fun! And it will add SO much to our understanding and connection to our 78 friends :love:

Thank you so much! :)

I like your idea to include the History behind the card in the study.
I will be on the case in the morning.

All Is One, you bring the snacks and be as rowdy as you like!

Yay! Looks like the partys on! :D

stargazer

Right then folks,

I have started the ball rolling as it were, with the Happy Squirrel card.

Feel free to jump in at any time with what ever card takes your fancy.

All are welcome.

All Is One

Bloody Mary's & Lady Fingers

stargazer said:
I like your idea to include the History behind the card in the study.
I will be on the case in the morning.

All Is One, you bring the snacks and be as rowdy as you like!

Yay! Looks like the partys on! :D

I love you. No one ever lets me be rowdy around here. I have to stay on topic....

But maybe I can do both?

I'm serving Bloody Mary's and Lady Fingers to everyone!!!

All Is One

The Happy Squirrel and His Crystal Visions

Morticia sent me a PM that this was going on now. I grab my deck, put on my party glow in the dark neon green tiara, scoop up El Pulpo and tie a rastafarian scarf around his slimy little purple neck (he is a purple octopus....and my faithful companion, for anyone who didn't know)

Now here we are, looking all spiffed up....and no one has even touched the Bloody Marys and Lady Fingers I served up yesterday!

I feel like a good pout!

Oh, wait....

What is this?

Why, it is the Happy Squirrel Card telling me to dance about in here a little bit, and have a peek into his crystal ball while the reader and the seeker on the card are discussing things of a rather serious nature, the HS is both admiring his lovely squirrelness in the reflection of the crystal ball...

And laughing at how silly and boring the reader is getting when she is taking herself too seriously.

He says to himself "I think it is about time to sing a little tune....getting quiet and dull around here."

While he looks into the crystal ball and sees shifting shapes of the many things he sees......he also wonders:

"Now where did I bury that last juicy little nut? I think it was about 54 fet behind me and beneath that lovely, kind, personalble tree on the bank of my river. That might do for a snack after I finish doing the real reading while these two chit chat about his palm..."

The HS is giggling to himself, trying to hide his mirth from the other two people in the scene.

Meanwhile he sings a little tune and watches the visions float by in his crystal dream.

re-pete-a

Yes. while all that might be true the observer AIO is being observed, Her moving head dress hat seems to have slipped to the side and trying to become an ear ring. Curious?? R-P-A Will be back when his LIMITED EDITION arrives, or when the winner of the contest is declared as R-P-a

All Is One

I'll Take The Tail For $500, Alex

RPA and my headdress...

How did you know that my neon tiara doubles as an earring and can also be tied quite stylishly around my neck using a double windsor....errrr...a triple tudor?

Your deck better show up fast because it looks like even Morticia is not speaking to me anymore.

And to all my whining the Happy Squirrel says:

"Why did you find it necessary to eat the Deputy Firemen's Badge, AIO?"

I must go find a crystal ball and seek deeply into my own subconscious.

Because I don't know why.

Just had to.

I think that the faces of the two people in this card are lovely. And the Seeker's hat with the feather sort of echoes the squirrel tail as a sort of "fashion statement" and stlistic theme of wild, feathery and bushy.

This is wrong to say: but I covet the squirrel tails when I see the lovely lushness of them.

They are usually staring at me with those shiny obsidian eyes and thinking deep thoughts .....right before they scamper away, laughing.