Finally connection with angels!

HearthCricket

I have been bemoaning the fact that thought I am Catholic and Christian I have not had much connection to angels as guides or even feeling their presence around me. Until the past five days.

I have an angel figurine on my dresser....been there for years...and I suddenly felt connected, so I pulled out my Doreen Virtue Angel deck, the first one. I had never used it. Shuffled and picked three cards. For the past 5 days I have been pulling three cards each day and no matter how well I shuffle, 2 of the following three cards keep coming up:

Patience
Teresa
Shanti

If you have followed any of my recent threads you will know these could not be more perfect for me, right now. It has been wonderfully eerie! And it is almost bringing me full circle, spiritually, which is rather interesting. I am curious to see where it leads. And...I would love to hear other people's first connections with angels, especially the unexpected or those who have been "waiting" for them to arrive in their life!

mysticmanth

I am really wanting to connect with the angels, and my guides of course, but i am finding it a struggle at the moment. I suppose i must keep working at it.
But im glad you have made some progress :D x x

HearthCricket

mysticmanth said:
I am really wanting to connect with the angels, and my guides of course, but i am finding it a struggle at the moment. I suppose i must keep working at it.
But im glad you have made some progress :D x x

If anything, I have learned it isn't about working at it or forcing it. It is about being quiet and listening to the whispers and hints they give and then acting on it. And asking. You need to ask for their guidance, too. Prayer has a lot to do with it. Quiet, contemplative prayer. You hear them best in the silence...

mysticmanth

Thank you for your advice. I guess i need to have some silence in my life. Im always buzzing about, music, tv and my mind is always buzzing.
I guess i need to relax, unwind and ask them to come to me and listen to what ever comes my way and make note of it.
x x

Milfoil

HearthCricket said:
If anything, I have learned it isn't about working at it or forcing it. It is about being quiet and listening to the whispers and hints they give and then acting on it. And asking. You need to ask for their guidance, too. Prayer has a lot to do with it. Quiet, contemplative prayer. You hear them best in the silence...

I think you have it right there HearthCricket. No matter what spiritual system we look at anywhere in the world, its all about getting out of the way and in the quiet, listening.

I've always wondered why these primal souls, these ancient messengers would find it necessary or even in their scope to come to our beck and call. As direct messengers of the Divine, surely they deliver serious messages to humanity of major proportions and to those who are devout or 'connected'. Nowhere else in history do we find accounts of ordinary people from all backgrounds being contacted by Angels simply because they asked. Its always the other way around and when the time is right etc. You have waited, been quiet and showed patience. :)

I know so very little about all this, in fact I've been looking at the origins of angels in the world's history and it is entirely possible that pre-Sumerian shamanic beliefs of the Çatal Hüyük culture show tangible evidence of the winged messenger/shaman figure being a plausible candidate for the origin of Angels in our beliefs.

Demon Goddess

It was really quiet and I was alone the morning that Melody flitted her little Tinkerbell way into my consciousness. :)

It can't be forced... Although I've been told you can pick them up on sale at Target.

punchinella

a long-winded story in response to your solicitation

HearthCricket said:
I would love to hear other people's first connections with angels, especially the unexpected or those who have been "waiting" for them to arrive in their life!
Well, I had a weird angel experience long ago & far away, about 20 years ago now . . .

But since then I haven't given much thought or attention to angels. --Until last year, when I worked for the first time in a preschool.

During daily outside play, there were an awful lot of "boo-boos"; some accidental, some caused by aggressive playmates; and, in spite of being technically required to write incident reports on every incident, there were just far too many for us to write up & still fulfill our duties as supervisors.

So, I instituted my own personal crisis-response policy ;) When a child came to me in tears, I would tell her that if I put my hands over the spot that hurt, it would probably stop hurting. Then, I would ask for her permission . . . and send light, until her eyes dawned with surprise at the pain being gone. Or, until she forgot what was happening and wandered off to play again. (Or, until she told me that it wasn't working, in which case I would head inside for ice, and the incident report form.)

One morning I opened up the school by myself. I was alone with one particular girl for some time before any other children showed up, and she--at 4 years old--managed to completely freak me out. I noticed that she was talking to an invisible friend, in a very adult sort of a way. I asked her who she was talking to, and she answered "I see a shrink." I hadn't expected this; I had expected a description of her invisible friend, which wouldn't actually have bothered me.

The next boy to arrive was in her class. As he & his mother approached this girl in the hall, he said to his mother "See? That's the scary girl." Playing together later, he started to taunt her & call her "crazy." She become quite angry, and responded with "Don't you call us that."

Later that day, on the playground, she climbed to the very top of this tall gym-type structure. Then, she made eye contact with me, said "goodbye," and leaned way back, letting go with one hand, as though to allow herself to fall backwards six or seven feet. When I ran to catch her, she laughed. Well, I suppose it was the way she did it that was so creepy.

My boyfriend is Catholic, and when I told him about all this he insisted that I start wearing a St. Michael medal to work, on a chain underneath my shirt. I liked the idea, and bought myself a Raphael medal as well, and a miraculous medal. For some reason, simply wearing these medals seemed a bit shallow, so I started to--pray?--at any rate, to talk to Michael, Raphael, and Mary. And gradually, from day to day, the light that I was sending became less and less my own light, or light simply chanelled up from the earth, and more and more light from the angels. I started to pray at the same time that I sent the light, and the light became more efficient; gradually, I realized that sending the light was only one-half of what I was supposed to be doing.

The whole affair felt so extraordinary to me; so incredibly magical that I came to just absolutely love daily play time. I've never felt such a strong spiritual connection to anything or anyone. The angels on that playground were a palpable presence, and probably what I miss most about that job.

JONIKA

My "first contact" happened in a dream. One night, they all simply showed themselves to me. A bright white light was shining on us and my angels were surrounding me. It was like a chat room -- they were talking to me , making me laugh. I'll never forget it.

Another one:
I have a little angel doll attached to my tarot bag. Well, one morning it simply fell off right in front of me. It was technically impossible to happen, but it happened anyway. I think it was a way of my angels to let me know they were there...