Ike and the Pearls of Wisdom

Rede Seeker

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast, 30 miles north of Galveston Island. Hurricane Ike made landfall on the Island at 2:10am Saturday (9/13) and travelled up Interstate 45 moving north and east. I live near the intersection of Interstate 45 and FM 518 but to the west, not north and east. It was a scary experience but my Feathered Children and I came out of it well. During the Ordeal of preparation, waiting, sheltering-in-place, and the mornings after the storm, I drew Major Arcana from the Pearls of Wisdom deck to see which Arcana guided me at the moment. I should have written them all down. Here's what I remember:

Preparation: The Hanged Man
Waiting by day: The Moon
Waiting by night: The Emperor
Shelter-in-place/Ike strikes: The Tower
The First Morning After: Wheel of Fortune
The Flash Flood Warking: Strength
The First Night After: The High Priestess
The Day Electricity was Restored: The Sun <=Oh, Most Blessed of Days!!!

When Hurricane Rita headed to the Houston, Texas area three years ago, I heard definite commands: 'Go', 'Get Out', 'Don't Wait'. I heeded them, packed up my Feathered Children and left immediately. I didn't receive commands like that for Hurricane Ike. I felt a great peace and strength. The Arcana I drew reinforced my premonition that my Feathered Children and I would be OK. I don't know why we were meant to remain and experience this one first-hand. Perhaps after the experience is less vivid, I'll do a full reading.

My rede follows:

The Hanged Man - I have an Ordeal before me, but one that is important to experience. Stay connected with events - physically, emotionally, spiritually - keep all lines of communication open.

The Moon - I've done all I can do - the 'ritual' of preparation has been completed - stand-by for results

The Emperor - I have a Higher Power on-call. There is a reason for all this to happen, everything has been planned and arranged for this purpose.

The Tower - Yikes, Ike is here.

The Wheel of Fortune - The Hurricane has passed, but the crisis is not necessarily over - pay attention

Strength - As I watch the road in front of my house turn into a river rising into my yard - hang-in there; you've done all you do; if more is required, you'll find the resources within to do it

High Priestess - stand-down, rest easy, dream - the crisis is over, what did you learn

The Sun - the most beloved resource - electricity - was restored

Hexi

So glad you are safe

Wow, glad you are safe and sound Rede Seeker, we are hoping that Victoria and 7th House are as well, we haven't heard yet. They are just north of Houston. We watched the news and worried along with the world. It sounded like it was a harrowing experience for all. Elements outside our control, the Tower for sure. The broken pearls will spread their wisdom further and new growth will occur. It seems that out of great devastation, great healing can occur, I can attest to that one.

A few years ago hurricane Ivan hit our "other home" of Grenada, which was totally devastated. It was around that time that I was painting the Tower, so it is amazing to me, that you pulled that card as a similar experience was happening to you. Along with many of our friends and family,we managed to get a tonne of seeds and relief supplies directly to our village which helped our friends and "families" there to recover from their Tower experience. The "seeds of hope" were like the broken pearls, they were delivered around the island and planted by people shattered by an event they could not control. But, the relief effort, was facilitated by serendipity, the seeds were donated, the transportation was donated, we knew the day and number of the container, so it all got to our village. It is an amazing story all unto itself. I hope that Texas receives the relief it needs to recover from Ike.

I hope the cards help you through the days ahead, rebuilding etc. we will be thinking of you and sending you light.
Hexi.

Rede Seeker

Another step down Wyrd Lane

It's interesting that you mentioned 'seeds' - my #1 panic item was that I was low on food for my Feathered Children. A new shipment was expected at the feed store Thursday. When I called them in the morning, the owner said his supply truck had just arrived (earlier than expected) and he was unloading the feed now.

The Pearls of Wisdom imagery kept my spirits up. The deck carries positive energies that the Hurricane crisis couldn't dim.

memries

I have read your interesting post just now. It was really a great selection of cards that turned up for you.
I am glad you got through it with your feathered friends. Sorry I did not see this the night of your travail.
You went with what was inside you and you were alright. I follow that as well when I get some kind of urging.
I trust everything is coming along for you now.

Hexi that must have been quite an experience. Pearls are strange things really. They really are a type of seed that annoys an oyster.