Llewellyn's Tarot Reader

tabi

I've been looking through Llewellyn's site at the new annuals I've noticed that there isn't a Tarot Reader for 2009. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks in advance,
tabi

thorhammer

I read somewhere sometime that they weren't doing any more. Which I thought was a bit sad, especially since I've never had a chance to have a look at one.

\m/ Kat

tabi

thorhammer said:
I read somewhere sometime that they weren't doing any more. Which I thought was a bit sad, especially since I've never had a chance to have a look at one.

\m/ Kat

well damn i rather liked them, i also starting a collection of their magical almanacs too. but i've got the 2007 and the 2008 tarot readers that i enjoyed a great deal and learned a lot from. 2007 is better then 2008 personally but still learned something from it.

thanks for the info though. :(

Astraea Aurora

Hi folks,

last year I started a discussion about this year's Tarot Reader (2008 that is). Scion replied to me:

Scion said:
My understanding is that this is the last Tarot Reader from Llewellyn. So it maybe that they cut down the page count to cut printing costs (?).

Several folksa here have articles in the Readers so maybe someone knows the full skinny, but I know Lisa Finander left rather suddenly last spring, and perhaps ther replacement wasn't interested in trying to market the Reader.

It's this thread, post #2 by Scion.

Also Rachelcat said in this thread:

Rachelcat said:
I heard through the grapevine that the 2008 will be the last year for the Llewellyn Tarot Reader, so I obsessively went onto Amazon Marketplace and ordered the one I didn't already have, the first, 2005. I'm reading it now.

Post #2 by Rachelcat.

So it seems to be true. I think it's sad cause I really enjoyed the articles. :(

Astraea Aurora :grin:

corrielle

This saddens me greatly... I just realized that the Llewellyn's readers even existed when I found the 2007 one at a used bookshop, picked it up, and enjoyed it immensely. I was looking forward to getting all of the other ones, and wondering when the 2009 reader was coming out. Good to know that I shouldn't be waiting breathlessly, though.

Is there any other comparable annual publication like this out there?

Lleminawc

Maybe someone should start an "AT Tarot Reader" ...

Ambrosia

I have to agree with you all.
This is one of the books I always buy first thing in the new year. I have all but the first one as I didnt know it existed then.
I was totally bummed out when I discovered it was to be no more.

Let us mourn now...

Ps~ I loved the way it had the diary and you could carry it as a planner or to record readings, and when you were bored, articles galore to keep you amused...
Alas.