Consciouness vs Energy

Always Wondering

Dancing Bear said:
LOL!! Re-pete-a...
It is a bit complex isnt it.. I have left it alone for the moment as Yes i do feel it cannot be separated, one over the other..
It was suggested to me in my coversation with Aunt, by Aunt, that consciousness was the highest of the order and was the soul cog of it all..In which i just couldnt grasp nor do i think i want to..

Thankyou all for your comments and trying to help me out..
Much appreciated.

Love and Light DB xx

I wasn't trying to help you out. I think you were doing just fine. I was trying to have an intresting converstation with you.
Who is to say when we are ready for enlightenment, or how much? Or that your enlightenment is any better, or worse than mine, or Re-pet-a's, or anyones?
I hope I didn't come off insensitive. I loved your question and look forward to future conversations with you.

AW

Milfoil

To me its a sort of Gestalt issue.

This is my way of working it out in my mind (so feel free to dismiss it if it doesn't fit with your way of seeing things).

Everything from an atom of hydrogen to an entire galaxy is both energy and matter (they are one in the same thing depending on consciousness). The building blocks of atoms are energy with potential and when they came together to make the building blocks of our universe they carry the fragment of the creator with them. Therefore each and every atom is the creator and has a soul of sorts.

When they come together to make a form, from a grain of sand to an entire galaxy, a human being or a mountain, the amalgamation of soul creates consciousness on different levels (hence a rock has a spirit but is not necessarily a great conversationalist!!).

Therefore, to me, consciousness is the greater aspect of and is clearly greater than the sum of its parts. Together each spec of 'being' becomes more aware in different ways depending upon what it has amalgamated with and into.

:)

The crowned one

Look at it this way: without energy there would be no consciousness but energy does not need consciousness to exist. ( I have only be conscious for 40 something years but my Dad is living proof there was energy before me.)

Energy is the building blocks of everything.

I think "self awareness" is a relatively new comer on the cosmic block.

Actually the question I often ponder is: is there consciousness without mass???? ( take away the "god partical" and do we cease to be?)

PAMUYA

E=mc squared energy is mass.... sorry it's the physicist in me, sometimes I can't control it ;)..still trying to find my inner pyschic.

I love this subject, getting me out of how I see the world(from a physics view) and see things in a new way. None of us know the truth, science is theory, at lease we admit to that. It is uncomfortable to question yourself and your believes..great thread!

I am struggeling with my scientific beliefs and pyschic beliefs..if I hadn't first hand had seen psychic power growing up with my mother, I wouldn't be exploring it now. Working to be well rounded and experience all that is out there, continuing to educate myself.

Have fun with this discussion..there is no right or wrong answer.

re-pete-a

along the same lines as milfoil or there 'bouts. Look at the body, then look at the bacteria, then the cells then the atoms ,past the atoms, now what are they swimming in? At what level does conscious cease, It's certainly in the vacant spaces between atoms. It's also in the ORDER that holds things from melding together. Nano is now used, so that means that there just may be a continous shrinking . If one were to look in the opposite direction then it too expands forever onwards . Simply board an air plane, then a space plane then an outer orbit etc. Infinite in both directions.......... That handles energy, but no matter where the attention goes it must follow consciousness. At all levels . So back to the original question, are they the same energy or different.?
It would seem hard at this point to say that they are different, because each level that can be imagined, the consciousness is there to witness it.

The crowned one

re-pete-a said:
along the same lines as milfoil or there 'bouts. Look at the body, then look at the bacteria, then the cells then the atoms ,past the atoms, now what are they swimming in? At what level does conscious cease, It's certainly in the vacant spaces between atoms. It's also in the ORDER that holds things from melding together. Nano is now used, so that means that there just may be a continous shrinking . If one were to look in the opposite direction then it too expands forever onwards . Simply board an air plane, then a space plane then an outer orbit etc. Infinite in both directions.......... That handles energy, but no matter where the attention goes it must follow consciousness. At all levels . So back to the original question, are they the same energy or different.?
It would seem hard at this point to say that they are different, because each level that can be imagined, the consciousness is there to witness it.

No, I disagree. They are very different in my mind, just wanted to let you know that. Never mind Dualism vs. Physicalism or Monism.. ;)

mac22

I would posit that the energy is conscious.

Mac22

Always Wondering

Ah, this is turning into a good discussion.
Milfoil said:
(hence a rock has a spirit but is not necessarily a great conversationalist!!).
:)
Now see, I've thought of a rock as energy, but not as spirt. but why not? hummmmm.

the crowned one said:
( I have only be conscious for 40 something years but my Dad is living proof there was energy before me.)
Good point.

Mac22 said:
I would posit that the energy is conscious.
Today I am inclined to agree.
Always Wondering said:
I may change my mind tomorrow.
:grin:

It's been a heck of a day. Can't think science right now, Re-pet-a and SassyJackle. Maybe tomorrow.

AW

Dancing Bear

Look at it this way: without energy there would be no consciousness but energy does not need consciousness to exist. ( I have only be conscious for 40 something years but my Dad is living proof there was energy before me.)

I agree here! I do beleive consciousness needs energy to exist..
Without energy consciousness does not exist..
But energy can exist without consciousness..

have you ever walked into a room and felt the atmosphere (energy) after say someone has had an argument.. you just know it doesn't feel right..Or they have just been having a laugh and you feel a lightness in the air (the energy of a home.. It is without consciousness..
But does this say there are different types of energy out there?.. like the energy people use would be a different type of energy that surrounds us.. Is it contained once we have a body? I know we can feel really zapped and we need to recoup.. where does this extra energy come from? Or is it there the whole time trapped within our bodies.. and we just need to rest the body to enable to energy within to strengthen again? (recharge the batteries) Spirit is known to drain batteries.. Is this energy we use a form of electricity? Just straying with thoughts here.. :)

For me to exist I need consciousness, we all have it in varying amounts.. and in varying ways..same as energy.. But we have both.
I think having consciouness is what separates us to being just energy .. Something projecting rather than being projected.. if you know what i mean.

Now ever since working with spirit I have come to recognise they also are energy and consciousness, Is consciousness our Soul? ..
To me it says we only lose the matter... So the concept our body is just our vehicle.. Really rings bells for me..

I do think we need both, not just one or the other..we are 'both' using each other to exist.. some of us with matter some of us without.

re-pete-a

That sounds great DB. See, don't hurt at all now.