Demons? (Split from Demons can come? in Talking Tarot)

Sophie

Demon Goddess said:
You know, Milfoil, just because YOU believe in dualism doesn't make it so. Nor does it make it a "fact" that everyone has to live with.

Your stating you believe in dualism and therefore I'm wrong somehow differs from me stating that I don't?

Oh, wait, right, this is me proselytizing.

Never mind Franniee... you were right... I should have kept my thoughts and beliefs to myself.

I thought there was a little more ability to express one's spiritual beliefs in these forums than Milfoil seems to want to allow anyone to express.

Don't bother to post anything to me unless you want to do it in PM.

I'm out of these discussions.

I'll keep Melody and the ACIM and the Disappearance of the Universe and Jesus and the tooth fairy and Santa Claus to myself from now on.
I was the one to mention dualism, and especially the dualism that is inherent in human language and human logical thinking. And I don't "believe" it - I state as a matter of fact that the minute someone - anyone - says anything in human language, it can be, and often is, contradicted. You have shown it yourself in that quote above. Contradiction, alternate viewpoints - this and that, black and white, yes-no - is the essence of dualism (simply put). So you are proving dualism by the very act of denying its existence through words you write in opposition to someone who has affirmed it ;). (This statement of mine being, of course, dualistic).

DG, if you want to keep blind faith in what you think Melody is telling you, that's your choice. I think it a dangerous decision on your part given the propensity of humans towards self-deceit and the limitations of our human language, but it's your life and your spiritual path. Your decision not to mention what Melody says anymore is wise under those circumstances, because it is natural that others will question and probe, even where you refuse to do so. A spiritual path and a communication with spirit does not absolve us from a critical mind, until we have reached beyond the dualistic world of language, into the wordless world of pure wisdom and knowledge, which is - for most of us - the work of a lifetime or of several lifetimes.

(ps - leaving somewhere in a huff, rather that looking beyond the disagreement, is also a dualistic act.)

Umbrae said:
As for duality? Uncle Al told us, “For I am divided for love’s sake, for the chance of union.”
What a beautiful quote - thank you, Umbrae :). It is indeed our real spiritual journey, that from from division to union, from exile to home.

Tansey Ella

I have no problem with Melody- however, I question what anyone tells me .
I feel that the spirit world may be very similar to our fleshly world, ie, people have strongly held opinions. The spirits or guides or angels who are trying to talk to me do not all seem to know the same information. That makes sense to me. I would expect a doctor to have more knowledge of the body than a teacher. Most likely my guides have limitations. Perhaps even the angels also.
I also recall a scripture from the Bible that says to test every utterance that says it originates from God. I think that is a good idea b/c you may have accidentally or not contacted a spirit that does not have the best intentions.

Umbrae

Dhamma said:
I have no problem with Melody however, I question what anyone tells me .
I feel that the spirit world may be very similar to our fleshly world, ie, people and have strongly held opinions. The spirits or guides or angels who are trying to talk to me do not all seem to know the same information. That makes sense to me , ie, I would expect a doctor to have more knowledge of the body than a teacher. Most likely my guides have limitations. Perhaps even the angels also.
I also recall a script from the Bible that says to test every utterance that says it originates from God. I think that is a good idea b/c you may have accidentally or not contacted a spirit that does not have the best intentions.
Exactly!!! Just 'cuz it's a spirit, does not mean it is correct, or 'good'. It too may have 'intentions'.

Splungeman

Umbrae said:
Exactly!!! Just 'cuz it's a spirit, does not mean it is correct, or 'good'. It too may have 'intentions'.

Also...just cuz it's a voice in your mind, does not mean it is a spirit! :)

Milfoil

Demon Goddess said:
You know, Milfoil, just because YOU believe in dualism doesn't make it so. Nor does it make it a "fact" that everyone has to live with.

Your stating you believe in dualism and therefore I'm wrong somehow differs from me stating that I don't?

Oh, wait, right, this is me proselytizing.

Never mind Franniee... you were right... I should have kept my thoughts and beliefs to myself.

I thought there was a little more ability to express one's spiritual beliefs in these forums than Milfoil seems to want to allow anyone to express.

Don't bother to post anything to me unless you want to do it in PM.

I'm out of these discussions.

I'll keep Melody and the ACIM and the Disappearance of the Universe and Jesus and the tooth fairy and Santa Claus to myself from now on.

Hold on, I didn't say that, in fact I was sort of agreeing with the opposite! What I said was:

Milfoil said:
There is, for a reason I don't assume to understand, a need for the dualism here but not there

I agreed that there is no dualism beyond this material world but I do believe that even the word dualism is not sufficient to express what we mean.

This is what Fudugazi and Umbrae have both said also. I am not trying to anger you.

You are at liberty to express pretty much any belief you wish but perhaps others, myself included, simply don't see things your way thats all. Why do you feel that I am to be singled out for these rebuttals?

Umbrae said:
As for duality? Uncle Al told us, “For I am divided for love’s sake, for the chance of union.”

and

Fudugazi said:
I was the one to mention dualism, and especially the dualism that is inherent in human language and human logical thinking.

Please don't think I am here simply to take pot shots at you, in fact nobody is, we are all simply having a discussion.

With love I say that I respect your path and your decision to follow it, the learning you are gaining from it and the life it is bringing you. With respect, however, I am also free to express my beliefs and disagree with you - thats all.

:)

Can we not have even a heated discussion without it getting personal?

Sophie

Milfoil said:
Can we not have even a heated discussion without it getting personal?
I doubt it. Wouldn't be half as fun ;) :D

--exit, pursued by pot-shots