*starting our thread here *

feel free to post your thoughts below; I'll add mine later

K

Attachments

• 7_Swords.jpg
    7_Swords.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 108

Grip Dellabonte

Here's a girl that has her eyes wide open! She's full of confidence, she's alert, she's gotten away with the goods.....and she gets points for style as well!

Everything is going her way. Course, it took deceit and cunning to get what she wanted, but hey! The end results are what's important, right?

The tricky thing is sometimes we think we've thought everything through when we've missed out on a couple of key points. It's in those details where everything can unravel.

So, if Mizz StickyFingers comes up in a reading, there is possibly a bit of underhandedness, sneaky dealings, maybe some untruths in the mix that the querent should be aware of....maybe some carelessness as well.

If Mizz SF comes up reversed, it may be time to take a closer look at things before acting, and have a re-think.

Now. That's what the more traditional way of looking at a Seven of Swords goes....sort of.

Actually, when I see this particular card - and often when I get it in a reading - it doesn't just deal with those more common meanings.

Once it came to me that our querent took on too big a responsibility (Carrying a safe with one arm! Muy macho!!). She was trying to show her boss that she was ultra-efficient, but it was too much, and she was going to give him the wrong impression - that she could perform like that all the time, which she couldn't.

Once, I just couldn't get past our nimble one's steely gaze. In another querent's reading, it did seem that she was on top of things, and just needed to remember to keep her focus, and she'd be fine.

I often find the cards do lend themselves to a more free interpretation, a more natural and intuitive reading, than say a straightforward traditional reading.

Hemera

This card reminds me of the Hitchcock movie "To Catch a Thief", where Gary Grant is the "Cat". And wasn´t it during the filming of this one, when Grace Kelly met her Prince?
Anyway, this card stirs my imagination. A wise girl can get nice jewels and dresses and maybe even find her Prince (provided that she needs one, which is another matter :D)

http://www.idave.com/tocatchathiefnov05.jpg

Keavy McGee

I love this card! This is one confident chica. She's getting away with the goods but she's looking to the right/future, checking things out, is anyone going to catch her, what can she expect when she gets her feet on the ground.

I say she's confident b/c she's rappeling one-handed. And wearing designer boots on a "job."

She's strong, b/c she's carrying that safe one-handed. And since it's the suit of swords, it's a mental strength we're talking about. She's sharp and focused.

I've had this come up in a reading where what was prominent in reading the card intuitively was the question of "safety." Did the person feel safe or unsafe in the situation they were in?

Still, my overriding impression of this card after many readings is the sense that she thinks she is "getting away with something." It can be both a confidence boost, and a warning.

Grip Dellabonte

Anyway, this card stirs my imagination. A wise girl can get nice jewels and dresses and maybe even find her Prince (provided that she needs one, which is another matter )

Yes, another facet to this card. And I think the term "wise girl" does fit her.

And as Keavy said...it can rise up and bite her sometimes, that overconfidence in her ways of doing things.

(I think maybe that's why I identify with her so much....maybe why she's my favorite card. Recklessness is one of my lifetime "things"....too "clever" for my own good at times....she's like a lesson card for me....)

Still, my overriding impression of this card after many readings is the sense that she thinks she is "getting away with something." It can be both a confidence boost, and a warning.

That sums it up nicely, Keaves....

Sar

This is a girl that not only minding her best interest, one can do that without being a selfish egomaniac, but unfortunately she is.