My Palm Reading Nightmare

andyriggle

I'm in a soul-searching period (going through a separation after coming out to my wife, also have 4 kids) and have this year gotten into Tarot, Yoga, Hinduism, astrology and Buddhism. Plus I'm catholic, and pretty susceptible to mysticism.

Anyway, last weekend I flew to DC to visit a gay friend, and found a palm reader on a Georgetown street. Never had mine read, & the sign said $10, so I went for it. She was a lovely 30-something egyptian woman, and very personable. Asked me to hold both hands out and proceeded to speak a stream of information about me that seemed right on. When she was done, I said "wow." And she told me she was gifted. But that I needed my chakkrah cleansed: they were blocked.

I told her she was nuts. I heard that from a Tarot reader before, and was gullible enough to pay for it. And I told her about all the wack readers I've met who want to be my spiritual guide and sell me crystals. She said the work was not done properly, and that I would seek out help until I got it, and I had a spiritual gift too. She gave me her card.

After going back to Chicago, I meditated on her and pulled some tarot cards. Got "The Star," and some beautiful cards I never ever get. So I thought with my heart instead of my head once again and called her back. She told me to to take a warm bath and send her some of the water and she'd research what kind of work had been done on me. So I did, along with a blank tarot card from my deck, my astro chart and some of my deceased mother's personal effects.

She called me back and we had a nice short talk and she said she wanted to bring her mom in on my case & to call her the next day (yesterday).

After playing phone tag we finally connected, and all the powers of hell broke loose. We were disconnected at least 5 x by interference, and I had to have her call my land line. It was a 3 way call, and she told me my family had a horrible curse that needed to be burried and sealed in a golden coffin and that they had to travel the astralplane and risk their lives. It sounds funny, but I've had 2 brothers who killed themselves and my dad was an abusive alcoholic growing up and here I am gay. So why wouldn't I believe in a curse?

And of course they wanted money: and lots of it. $25,000 for their work. I was in shock, and the mother was relentless. Telling me I would loose any love in my life, saying her daughter already removed 2 bad marks from my spirit and that this work had to be done. She told me I had money, and could borrow on my cards...

So what I want to know is who the heck are you people with rocks, caskets, and weird witchcraft who pray on people in pain? No wonder in ancient times witches and gypsys were burned and tortured. I totally understand now.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Kind regards,

Andy

The crowned one

Wow! Some story! Put your money away and believe in yourself. You seem like a nice guy.

OOnaOwl

not your best interest at heart!

This woman seems a nefarious predator with selfish intentions. They are found in every walk of life including this one. She most certainly does not represent the majority of healers/diviners/readers/etc. that I have encountered. Most are kindly honest folk who truly wish to be of benevolent service to you on your way. Please do not lose heart in your spiritual search for truth. Everyone's path is unique and traversable only by them.

einhverfr

Though evidently your palm reader wasn't very adept at this because normally what they will do is start with a little request (maybe $100) and then each one is more than the last one. People lose a lot of money to such scams and so knowing that this is a widespread technique is probably a good idea.

The basic thing, as LeVey explains is that people don't like to be responsible for bad luck in their lives. They want to pin it on some outside force so this makes it easy for charlatans to fill that void and suck money out of people.

If you want to know more about this technique, "The Satanic Witch" by Anton LeVey has a fairly good how-to section on it. IMO the best way to guard against this sort of thing is to know how people typically do them.

memries

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU PEOPLE " ??

What is that question ?

I have just one thing to say to you and that is if you went to a proper Spiritualist Church they would be able to help you and probably for nothing.
I am telling you that and I am not even a Spiritualist.

franniee

andyriggle said:
So what I want to know is who the heck are you people with rocks, caskets, and weird witchcraft who pray on people in pain? No wonder in ancient times witches and gypsys were burned and tortured. I totally understand now.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Kind regards,

Andy

Andy!

First of all you CAN'T put us in the same category as those Psycho, bottom feeding vampires that you just met! I mean you can and you did but it is WRONG on so many levels that I can't even untangle them all!

This is all your fault! Completely!! You didn't trust your instincts - your intuition was screaming at you! You ignored it! This is exactly why this woman will make money! You walked into that room with a pall over your head and she picked up on it and being the cretin that she is she rubbed her hands together and said Ka Ching Ka Ching Ka Ching!!!!

THE UNIVERSE disconnected the call 5 TIMES!!!!!! DUH!!!!! So you gave her your land line???????? and you want to say "you" people! as if we are even on the same plain as these freaks! OH BOY!!!!!!!

So what you are gay! That is not a curse! It just is. You have this tremendous guilt over coming out and leaving your family etc etc etc. You have to deal with it. You have to work your way through this psychologically, physically, emotionally etc! This is your work. I have said this before and I guess it bears repeating. You make your own curses. If you think you are cursed you will be cursed. If you feel bad is going to come to you at every corner it won't disappoint!

It's time to meditate. It's time to get in touch with your guilt and your feelings. Deal with the horrible past that you are carrying around with you and let go of the baggage. This is the only way you will be free.

OH and DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE! In fact get a new number (Unlisted)!

MMTarot

Oh no, not again!

I was in Boston, not DC, but got the EXACT SAME prediction - exact same! It must be how these people operate.

Pretty young woman reader. Went with a group of my girlfriends but I was the only one that received a "prediction" of having this family curse. Not sure why she chose me?

Anyway, please don't give her money!! And don't listen to her. Oldest scam in the book.

MMTarot

And that is not what you will find on this site. I've received great advice and FREE insights. Not to suggest that paying for a reading is bad.

I paid 30 bucks the other week to one woman who gave me the most insightful tarot reading I've ever had to date.

Andy, I understand you're upset, but just be careful with potentially throwing out grandiose accusations. You didn't encounter a psychic and a psychic mother - you encountered a scam artist. Same as if she pretended to be a doctor, lawyer, what-have-you.

minrice

First of all I do wish peace for you in your life because it sounds like you do have a lot on your plate and I'm sorry things are rough for you right now.

andyriggle said:

Second, I'm really hoping you didn't mean this the way it came out, addressing the AT community in general. Because if you are looking for more nefarious predators, as OOnaowl so aptly put it, you aren't likely to find them here. I think we are a rather normal bunch who happen to love Tarot and would probably have bigger collections if we were in the business of taking advantage of people :) I doubt you could tell us apart from anyone on the street, as we don't walk around with horns, tails, and shrunken heads around our necks forcing our black magic on others and striking them dead with our shadow (Well ok, maybe Franniee does ;) Anyway, that's absurd.

In the end only you can free yourself!!! In my opinion, not equating your gayness with suicide and alcoholism would be a good start. You cannot change the past! You cannot change others! You can only work on yourself, and in this way create change for the future.

Sebavin

I completely agree with every single reply you have received so far. I think the best advice I can offer is to tell you to seek out truth for yourself. A lot of the ideas you combined together do not make a very homogeneous mix. I believe in Chakra work and do not think it complete BS; I believe and have experienced first-hand the benefits of healing with crystals; I have never, nor would I ever, expect to pay or receive so much money for services such as these. And if nothing else, you can learn how to cleanse your aura yourself. Many blessings to you on your journey. "We" are not all scam artists ;).

~)O(~
Sebavin