My Palm Reading Nightmare

Debra

Well, I think there's an elephant in the living room. We like to believe "we" are all good decent people here on the AT forum. But really we don't know this to be true.

The odds are: some of us ARE frauds and cons. Here we may have a sense of intimacy and friendship based on fellow-feeling and good humor, but just as with any community, sometimes a member of the community is taking advantage of others' good will.

So I think Andy's post hit a nerve because in exposing his own trusting nature, which turned out to be gullibility, he also tangentially refers to how OUR trust of one another here at AT may be ill-founded naivete.

Joermit

Ohhh... an elephant in the living room.... I hadn't even considered this, Debra... and it adds a very uncomfortable element into the mix... something in me can't help but agree with you though...

this thread has also reminded me that it would be a good time for me to read Don Miguel Ruiz's "The Four Agreements" again... a great lil book that I get something new out of every time I read it...

Joey

Mellifluous

andyriggle said:
Thank you so much for the replies!

And I apologize!!!

I think your prayers, thoughts and advice are helping me in this rough time.

I have no doubt brought this on myself. I alone chose to walk into this lair, and certainly have the power to discern right from wrong. And I do think I need to take ownership for my situation, and not blame some external force.

Please pray for me, so that I may take control of my own life, see things more clearly and stop trying to blame others for the misfortune I bring on myself.

And I hope I can come back here. I kinda need friends right now.

Andy

You're welcome. Seems to me like you're on a major new learning and spiritual journey these days, with lots of growth ahead. Best wishes!

re-pete-a

Andywriggle, You are not known personally , but your feelings are known to others here.

Some very good advice is available here on these posted replies, by others that only wish others well.

Look in the mirror Andy wriggle, There's your problem. May you find your peace.