Has anyone on here ever experienced this ??

delaneyblues

Up until tonight i thought this was what happened to everyone but after other half looked at me strange when i told him, i rang some family members to prove to him im not mad and now they all think im mad too.

When i go in the shower and the mirror steams up if i look in the mirror at myself i have 2 circles of light around my eyes in the reflection.Does anyone else know what im talkling about i have had this for as long as i remeber and thought it was just 'life' but no one else seems to know what im talking about

does anyone else have this??? Or know why or what im seeing ????

re-pete-a

just a suggestion , remove the glasses, (joking) and the circles go away.

Silverlyn

Hmmm, don't know if I have that...I'll have to check next time I'm out of the shower,tho!

It does sound kinda cool/magical type of thing:)

Silverlyn

starrystarrynight

Does it happen in other mirrors after showers (say, if you are traveling or visiting overnight elsewhere?) If not, maybe it could be the configuration of the way the light in your bathroom hits the angles of your face at your particular height (thus, it may not happen to others.) It sounds like some sort of reflection/refraction type of thing at first consideration.

afrosaxon

starrystarrynight said:
Does it happen in other mirrors after showers (say, if you are traveling or visiting overnight elsewhere?) If not, maybe it could be the configuration of the way the light in your bathroom hits the angles of your face at your particular height (thus, it may not happen to others.) It sounds like some sort of reflection/refraction type of thing at first consideration.

That's my first thought too...steam is comprised of water droplets, and light refracts off water at different angles. Do you have a window in your bathroom? Could be that sunlight coming through the window causes the light, and overhead lighting causes them too...all at different angles and times.

Of course, your inner light could be shining bright, too. :D

Just my $.02. Shine on!

T.

Milfoil

Never noticed it personally, perhaps the light in my bathroom isn't in the same place as in yours??? Will have a look tonight when I get a shower.

:)

SunChariot

I've never had that BUT I am blind as a bat without my glasses and if I did put my glasses on in a steamy room they too would steam up. So I could not even see amy part of myself at all if there was steam in the room.

Babs

Grizabella

I've really never paid any attention. Sounds like maybe a light refraction, like the others say. Water droplets are little prisms, you know, and steam is millions of tiny water droplets. Also, maybe someone your height has at some time drawn circles on the mirror around their eyes. That will often linger on the mirror even through cleanings and make the steam look different in different places. In fact, that was my first thought when I read your description.

Milfoil

Darn . . . I forgot to look!

memries

The Mirror never steams up !