Aura: Feeling them

memries

To see auras is not a mysterious thing to do. Did you ever look at the very top of a tree ? Try it. That is from the old book God Consciousness.
If you don't look you won't see.

Just get someone in a normal kind of lighting. Sit them down, sit across from them. Look straight ahead at the area between their head and shoulders.
Stare. You will see a faint light emanate. If you move your eyes it is gone.
That's it !

Practice and when you go to a lecture or church or wherever and you have to spend a lot of time sitting listening.. practice. You get to see some
pretty interesting things really.

One of my little habits... I watch a big willow tree and as the branches wave the light surrounding them waves with them. I see silver but my big tree is not doing so well and they are cutting off the big limbs I guess for danger to people walking under them in the park. I feel so badly for the tree.
Yes, I lean my back on it and put my hand behind me and say a prayer for it.
I can't very well stand there and hug it.. I would get arrested or ogled !

On a more serious note, for myself, from an ethical standpoint I feel it is an invasion of someone's privacy to read their aura without them knowing.
It just does not feel like a fair playing field to me. I never want to be a snoop so for that reason curtail my ability. I figure some guy standing up there that I am obliged to listen to is fair game. In that way I do control
myself.

What would your thoughts be on the ethical issues surrounding this subject ?

Milfoil

Its never bothered me really since what I see is not half as much as what others seem to pick up. If I'm in a public place, bored and have time to kill, I'll chill and see what I can see. Some folk have dark bits like spikes coming from the top of their heads back - I know that means they've got problems or have been dealing with some worries but I don't know what those problems or worries are so its not like reading their diary.

Sometimes you just see something wonderful, a child with a bright, wide aura, its lovely but again, I don't think its doing any harm since I don't know whether it means the child is destined for greatness or just in a great mood with a happy family????

I do see odd stuff with trees though and power cables, street lights and telegraph poles. Grey draped down or hanging down from them, sometimes trees link, stretching their auras across to touch the next tree. I wonder if this is one way they communicate?

tabi

I would still kinda like to know how you can see an aura at a distance...even being explained, it doesn't help.

Milfoil

Its a bit like those magic eye pictures. Can you see those?

With magic eye pictures you don't focus on the plane of the picture itself but about mid-way between yourself and the picture (thats the best way I can discribe it). Its like letting your eyes defocus slightly and, in the case of a person, focus about a foot or so in front of them and, as memries says, between the head and shoulder area.

A plain, mid-tone background is best with even lighting (slightly on the dim side).

Just chill out, relax, sort of start to get into that 'daydream' state and there you go.

tabi

Milfoil said:
Its a bit like those magic eye pictures. Can you see those?

With magic eye pictures you don't focus on the plane of the picture itself but about mid-way between yourself and the picture (thats the best way I can discribe it). Its like letting your eyes defocus slightly and, in the case of a person, focus about a foot or so in front of them and, as memries says, between the head and shoulder area.

A plain, mid-tone background is best with even lighting (slightly on the dim side).

Just chill out, relax, sort of start to get into that 'daydream' state and there you go.

All this I get, even if I haven't really tried to apply it to real life. The theory is understandable, but how is it possible for Alectra to "see" my aura without meeting me or even chatting with me??

Milfoil

Ah, I see what you mean.

I can only surmise, and I'm sure Alectra will tell you herself, but I think its a different way of seeing. Seeing in one's minds eye.

If you visualise someone standing in front of you - what colours do you see in and around them? If it works - then someone who 'sees' this way is picking up the same information but in a slightly different way thats all.

A bit like the WWW, you can access it via your laptop, PC, Blackberry, mobile phone, server, audio for the blind etc. Its all the same information but depending on the hardware and software you have, you'll get the information presented differently.

tabi

Interesting, bizarre but interesting. So curiosity being what killed the cat, it is a good thing we have nine lives.

I tried this for myself using dim light (cuz it is the only type I have) and a white sheet of paper. I can see my aura (which btw IS green! :surprise: No offence but from everything you read on auras it just didn't seem possible) however I can see my right hand (the hand I use most) but not my left. Is there a reason for this? Also can it be a different color? I tried with the person I live with and couldn't pick up anything from him AT all! If it was there I wasn't seeing it or it was too weak to see?

Milfoil

Early days - just keep trying.

:D its fun because your 'victims' start to know when you are doing this . . .

;)

memries

That WWW explanation was really a good analogy Milfoil. What a way to put it, right on.

tabi

Okay but taking it in small doses since I've found out that trying this works better without my glasses and that gives me a headache. However what about:

Can a person be a couple of different colors? IE: My right hand was green, but what if my left hand was white (blending into my paper)? Is that possible or would you be the same color all over?