Rachel Pollack: Tarot of Perfection, Tarot Wisdom up on pre-order

Aerin

Noticed this when I got an e-mail from amazon.com. Also up on amazon.co.uk but ToP has a different release date (later - December as against October).

It's priced there even though it doesn't seem to be for sale on Magic Realist's site yet... so maybe another guess.

What a busy person! Vertigo Tarot is also for release this autumn. Oh and the MR oracle deck? (prays)

Aerin

baba-prague

Yes! You've found it. It's on the Magic Realist site and I was hoping to get a special page up for the book this weekend.

Alex has been reminding me to put it on our shop as we actually HAVE copies of course (the rest are making their way slowly to the USA and the UK - this probably explains the differences in release dates).

I'll get it up on the shop asap. It's a wonderful, amazing book by the way. As one would expect. Not easy, but definitely haunting - the images conjured up by the words stick with you.

Oh - and Alex's visual images aren't half bad either!

_________

MRP Oracle? Well, we are trying but have been absolutely submerged under work as ever (we had this commission for a HUGE Bohemian Cats calender and that's been a bit of a mixed blessing - needs mostly all-new pictures). But it is slooowly slooowly getting there.

baba-prague

A couple of the pictures from the book

Just to wet your appetite. I also plan to put a short extract on the website. Hopefully on Sunday, all being well.

I've lightened the images a bit as the originals are set up for quite large prints (so at the size here they come out too dark). I hope I haven't overdone that, but at least it makes them easier to see.

Alex did the images in colour, constantly testing them for black and white also (the book is in black and white). So we may do something with the colour pictures - perhaps offer them as prints. I'm not sure yet.

Attachments

• BTG.jpg
    BTG.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Souls-in-trees.jpg
    Souls-in-trees.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 211

Aerin

Thanks Karen :D

I love the images. Very haunting.

I would like a black and white deck with these sort of images come to think of it :devil:

Aerin x

Aerin

Tarot of Perfection is now in my hands *maniacal laugh*.

It is an intriguing little book of ..... well.... errrrm.... myth/ farytale/ type stories inspired and guided by Tarot. At least that's what I think of it as.

Beautifully illustrated.

Well worth a look if this is your kind of thing.

Aerin

Aerin

I now have Tarot Wisdom.

It is a lot heavier and thicker than I expected: basically a set of detailed card meanings with some real life examples of how a card has been interpreted in a reading. Also bit of history, spreads etc.

I was expecting something slightly different for some reason...

Aerin

Sidhe-Ra

Tarot of Perfection moved me to laughter and tears- I LOVED it!!!

Cerulean

Found it Jan 2008

I enjoy the pictures, only glanced at the text. What would the perfect tarot be to accompany this gem? Has anyone found a fun deck and story interplay?

baba-prague

It's a good question Cerulean, I wondered that too. At one point we saw this book as going well with the See of Logos deck, but that seems to be the endless project - the cards we've done are actually in the same style but we keep tearing them up and starting again. I'm not sure why.

We have been thinking about whether these pictures can be used in other ways. We can of course offer prints (we have all the pictures in colour and in fact I have some framed right beside my desk - I like them a lot). But I can't really see them on fabrics somehow. Maybe their "real" life is simply in the book.

magpie9

I so wish Baba, that you and Alex and Rachel would get together on a tarot deck....I know it's a huge amount of work, and a lot to ask. Reality is that the Shining Tribe, despite all the love and care and work Rachel put into it, is not artistically appealing to most of us who would love to work with her ideas and a deck she created. It is a constant disappointment to so many of us that we cannot, just cannot, get into her deck, no matter how hard we try. A re-draw of it would be wonderful...if produced by artists. I know you said that you aren't going to do decks any more (I'm not processing that idea well, at all) but couldn't you be tempted into just one more, a collaboration with that Tarot Master? What an amazing deck that would be...an all time great!
Please think about it.
Best,
Mags