Empress in the workplace

Tehanu

I've noticed that most of the threads about the Empress deal with romance. We need to give the second most often asked tarot question some love! Career/money! :)

So how would you see an Empress type character in the workplace?

One word comes to mind - the Boss. But a very very nice Boss. Originally I put she would mother everyone but that I think is only one aspect of the Empress (the Pentacles side).

GreenMoonBeam

A mother hen type who offers and wants comfort for everyone. Work conditions
should be as pleasant and pleasing as she is. A work place under the guide of
the Empress will have really sound and helpful programs to train new staff : the
creation (workplace) has been thought of and nutured which in turns means
the workers should do OK. Ill defined, maybe a borderline Cruella De Ville:bugeyed:

Bronwyn1

Ah..good question. About 3 months ago I picked this card for my daily card, over and over and over. Empress came up EVERY time. So anyhow, this is what I had to equate it with.

Over the course of my workday, everything and anything that could have gone wrong went wrong, and being in a head position that day, I had to put all the fires out. All of the people I work with are much younger than myself so thay all come running to me, like their mother because, they know I can solve the problems and issues and of course I did.

Thirteen

GreenMoonBeam said:
A mother hen type who offers and wants comfort for everyone. Work conditions should be as pleasant and pleasing as she is. A work place under the guide of the Empress will have really sound and helpful programs to train new staff : the creation (workplace) has been thought of and nurtured
This sums it up nicely! I'm in completely agreement, with one important addition...this is a boss who will take it hard--and might make it hard--for you to leave if you want to move onto another job. Mommy doesn't like to see her chicks fly the nest ;)

But you can be assured that the office will celebrate your birthday, that there will be a festive party with plenty of food, that you will be urged to stay home when sick, that the boss will take out time to ask about your family and your problems, and that you will get your bonuses if you do your job well. This is a generous and understanding boss.

ofbainbridge

Just throwing something else out there for consideration...

An Empress type character in the workplace...

Someone who does provide boundaries and guidelines but in the process also nurtures abilities and strengths, encourages creative thinking and ideas and encourages individuality and the development of social skills.

If we were talking about a job itself the same idea apply; a creative job that in itself gives boundaries but nourishes and nurtures those who engage in it could be say a health care worker such as a mentor, teacher, a counselor,
nurse or doctor...

Blessings

Greg Stanton

Abundance and fertility. It looks like your bussiness is going to grow. Over a long term though, not quickly or immediately.

dangerdork

How about someone who is a fountainhead of ideas and inspiration?

A genius in all things entrepreneurial - that aspect of the fertility goddess who inspires and motivates the creation of wealth? Pardon the phrase, the Mother of Invention?

Wherever she is, the bountiful harvest will follow.

In addition to all of the other good ideas already mentioned here.

Thirteen

dangerdork said:
How about someone who is a fountainhead of ideas and inspiration?

A genius in all things entrepreneurial - that aspect of the fertility goddess who inspires and motivates the creation of wealth? Pardon the phrase, the Mother of Invention?
I'll agree with a head for business, yes. She'd be a natural at making sure there was comfortable financial success, though she might not bother with the phenomenal wealth that would require a true workaholic.

As for ideas--more likely she'll inspire them then have them herself, and nurture those that do have ideas. I always see the Empress as the sort to have a salon of free-thinkers, encouraging and supporting them.

vee

Bronwyn1 said:
Ah..good question. About 3 months ago I picked this card for my daily card, over and over and over. Empress came up EVERY time. So anyhow, this is what I had to equate it with.

Over the course of my workday, everything and anything that could have gone wrong went wrong, and being in a head position that day, I had to put all the fires out. All of the people I work with are much younger than myself so thay all come running to me, like their mother because, they know I can solve the problems and issues and of course I did.

Haha--I've pulled this card under the exact same circumstances!

On a side note, I pulled The Empress in a reading I did for my boss awhile ago. Based on the spread, I thought it strongly implied fertility. Since I knew he'd recently had a vasectomy, I went with something else. He's having his kid in February. Should have gone with my instincts!

Pao

so funny I got this for my boss last night!

She is the firm yet caring boss. She acts a lot like my mom sometimes, even with the yelling or scolding rather. and then she will tell me that she does it because she wants me to be better and stronger because as a woman she knows what is like. So I see her as motherly but strong and firm. She comes from a place of love to teach and lend a hand. She works all the time but isn't really concerned with money issues. for ex. sometimes these nasty clients refuse to pay the work we did and my boss will go "ugh just forget it, they will get theirs" so she works a lot but monetary wise seems laid back and cares more about nurturing the business.

but thats only from my own experiences.