Bohemian Gothic- Knight of pentacles

bumble bee

I was just thinking about why this knight is carrying his head or at least the armour head. Ironically, there are heads all over the walls around him but they are deer heads.
So this guy who is doing his knightly duty is not really thinking hes just going thru the motions. He must be a ghost (no head) so its like a residual haunting. Perhaps, he is the one who hunted down the animals and mounted their heads on the walls. Maybe in some ironic twist of fate, He was beheaded in a fight or joust.
Sort of makes me think of people who do the type of labor where they
just do the same thing day in and day out or people who stay in a relationship because they are there.

Thirteen

bumble bee said:
I was just thinking about why this knight is carrying his head or at least the armour head. Ironically, there are heads all over the walls around him but they are deer heads.
So this guy who is doing his knightly duty is not really thinking hes just going thru the motions. He must be a ghost (no head) so its like a residual haunting. Perhaps, he is the one who hunted down the animals and mounted their heads on the walls. Maybe in some ironic twist of fate, He was beheaded in a fight or joust. Sort of makes me think of people who do the type of labor where they just do the same thing day in and day out or people who stay in a relationship because they are there.
Wow. That's great insight into the card. I'm in complete agreement. I also appreciate that the Knight/Pents, the card of the body, is literally the card of the body here. The head has been removed and is carried about as an extra. As you point out, this also emphasizes the focus of the Knight very well. As this knight is clearly dead (unlike the others), yet still doing what he did in life, we see an obsession with the job. Very Knight/Pents.

Bronwyn1

I love that. You're right, just like some relationships, they're there in body only, likley out of habit!!!!