A new de-enabling thread

emmsma

Newbie in need of de-enabling. I've been away from tarot for a bit, so I think I am overcompensating. Bought the Anubis Oracle and Tarot of the Mystical Forest last week.

There is a Tarot of the Cat People on ebay. Its up in 5 hours. It has been on my wishlist and though used, looks to be in great condition. I want!

But I shouldn't. Got my hours cut starting this week and am going to need time to get to know the new decks I've just gotten.

Someone get me through the next few hours.

Its a 1985 edition of the deck. Someone tell me it has cruddy cardstock or something...

Cat*

emmsma said:
There is a Tarot of the Cat People on ebay. Its up in 5 hours. It has been on my wishlist and though used, looks to be in great condition. I want!
No, you don't want. Believe me. I've had that deck, couldn't read with it at all and finally gave it away. Never missed it, never wanted it back.

The concept (cat people!) seems like a nice idea, and the hippie-esque style may attract you on first sight, but I for one got over the initial appeal very quickly.

I also never saw anyone up here using it in a reading thread, and I think that says something about it's all-around readability and/or appeal. I mean, it's not like it's so rare that nobody has it...

And how much time did you say you spent with your two new decks since you got them? :D Overcompensate by doing something with your cards (the ones you already have), not by buying more decks...

emmsma

Thanks. That is a big help.

I do have some decks that are with me just for the beauty of them. This is not a rare deck. I should be able to find it at a later date, if I decide I want it.

Now, its time for Anubis.

nisaba

emmsma said:
Newbie in need of de-enabling. I've been away from tarot for a bit, so I think I am overcompensating. Bought the Anubis Oracle and Tarot of the Mystical Forest last week.

But I shouldn't. Got my hours cut starting this week and am going to need time to get to know the new decks I've just gotten.

Someone get me through the next few hours.

Its a 1985 edition of the deck. Someone tell me it has cruddy cardstock or something...
There's a few things you haven't considered.

1) You couldn't have possibly even got to know your two new decks yet, let alone got bored with them. So don't buy it.

2) Yes, Emmsma, it has cruddy cardstock. Why, I'll bet if you flicked each card into a fire, not a single one of them would escape unscathed. They're not waterproof or blender-proof, either.

3) Cat people are nowhere near as interesting as real cats.

4) A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?

Cat*

nisaba said:
3) Cat people are nowhere near as interesting as real cats.
*harumph* ;) But seriously, I'm afraid this is SO true...

nisaba said:
4) A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?
:laugh: Now that's a good one! And true, too! *shudder*

nisaba

Cat* said:
*harumph* ;) But seriously, I'm afraid this is SO true...
You *do* understand, don't you, Cat, that this was in the Holy Name of De-Enabling? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?

Who on earth was listening to ELO and Supertramp in 1985? This isn´t meant to be enabling , but...

firefrost

*Resists a burning desire to change username to 'Dreamer'*

To stay on topic, My youngest bought herself this deck five years ago when she was just 12. It's been languishing at the back of her drawer untouched from about two months after that, it's that exciting.

emmsma

You are all wonderful people. I'm really liking this place.

Not only did I not purchase that deck, I am removing it from the wish list.

Fab job de-enabling!