Citizen

emmsma 

Newbie in need of de-enabling. I've been away from tarot for a bit, so I think I am overcompensating. Bought the Anubis Oracle and Tarot of the Mystical Forest last week.

There is a Tarot of the Cat People on ebay. Its up in 5 hours. It has been on my wishlist and though used, looks to be in great condition. I want!

But I shouldn't. Got my hours cut starting this week and am going to need time to get to know the new decks I've just gotten.

Someone get me through the next few hours.

Its a 1985 edition of the deck. Someone tell me it has cruddy cardstock or something...
Top   #1011
Citizen

Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma
There is a Tarot of the Cat People on ebay. Its up in 5 hours. It has been on my wishlist and though used, looks to be in great condition. I want!
No, you don't want. Believe me. I've had that deck, couldn't read with it at all and finally gave it away. Never missed it, never wanted it back.

The concept (cat people!) seems like a nice idea, and the hippie-esque style may attract you on first sight, but I for one got over the initial appeal very quickly.

I also never saw anyone up here using it in a reading thread, and I think that says something about it's all-around readability and/or appeal. I mean, it's not like it's so rare that nobody has it...

And how much time did you say you spent with your two new decks since you got them? Overcompensate by doing something with your cards (the ones you already have), not by buying more decks...
Top   #1012
Citizen

emmsma 

Thanks. That is a big help.

I do have some decks that are with me just for the beauty of them. This is not a rare deck. I should be able to find it at a later date, if I decide I want it.

Now, its time for Anubis.
Top   #1013
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma
Newbie in need of de-enabling. I've been away from tarot for a bit, so I think I am overcompensating. Bought the Anubis Oracle and Tarot of the Mystical Forest last week.

But I shouldn't. Got my hours cut starting this week and am going to need time to get to know the new decks I've just gotten.

Someone get me through the next few hours.

Its a 1985 edition of the deck. Someone tell me it has cruddy cardstock or something...
There's a few things you haven't considered.

1) You couldn't have possibly even got to know your two new decks yet, let alone got bored with them. So don't buy it.

2) Yes, Emmsma, it has cruddy cardstock. Why, I'll bet if you flicked each card into a fire, not a single one of them would escape unscathed. They're not waterproof or blender-proof, either.

3) Cat people are nowhere near as interesting as real cats.

4) A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?
Top   #1014
Citizen

Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
3) Cat people are nowhere near as interesting as real cats.
*harumph* But seriously, I'm afraid this is SO true...

Quote:
4) A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?
Now that's a good one! And true, too! *shudder*
Top   #1015
Citizen

nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat*
*harumph* But seriously, I'm afraid this is SO true...
You *do* understand, don't you, Cat, that this was in the Holy Name of De-Enabling? Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Top   #1016
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
A 1985 edition? You reeeeeeally want a deck whose idea of music is ELO or Supertramp?
Who on earth was listening to ELO and Supertramp in 1985? This isnīt meant to be enabling , but...
Top   #1017
sporadic magic

Debra 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
Who on earth was listening to ... Supertramp in 1985?
*hides behind potted plant*
Top   #1018
Carpathian Dream

firefrost 

*Resists a burning desire to change username to 'Dreamer'*

To stay on topic, My youngest bought herself this deck five years ago when she was just 12. It's been languishing at the back of her drawer untouched from about two months after that, it's that exciting.
Top   #1019
Citizen

emmsma 

You are all wonderful people. I'm really liking this place.

Not only did I not purchase that deck, I am removing it from the wish list.

Fab job de-enabling!
Top   #1020
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.