A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

I had a strange feeling that I should stay away from this thread. I succumbed to my curiosity and I find the Abominable Anton mucking about!

Just so the poor innocents on this thread know, I have released a pair of irritable skunks on the premises. The fish-slapping dance is about to get turned up a notch . . .

MysticalMoose

Pass me that HUUUUUUGE stinky fish......................:mad:

Anton Tikimirov

cardlady22 said:
I had a strange feeling that I should stay away from this thread. I succumbed to my curiosity and I find the Abominable Anton mucking about!

Just so the poor innocents on this thread know, I have released a pair of irritable skunks on the premises. The fish-slapping dance is about to get turned up a notch . . .

What? You don't like me?

nisaba

Anton Tikimirov said:
What is the sardine dance?

Before you injure me with fish? Please know, I have a reason for this. I teach a thursday night class on Tarot. I NEED to stay on top of new decks...i must
Listen to MysticalMoose's laughter, and quake with dread. Some people around here *know* what the sardine thing is.

Years ago, there was a British comedy team called Monty Python. They made movies yes, but as well they had a show comprised of a lot of set-pieces and skits. One of the skits was called "the fish-slapping dance" and it is justly famous, with people down through the decades laughing until they cry at the mere memory.

Briefly, a tall, thin man stands absolutely still. The whole humour is predicated on that he never reacts or even changes his facial expression. Then along comes a much shorter jolly man with a large raw fish held by the tale, and does a sort of high-stepping dance around the tall man, and every so often on the beat, he thwapps the taller man across the face with the fish. (not hard, of he could have knocked him down, but hard enough).

Okay, so it doesn't *sound* funny. Trust me, it is. And what makes the reference in here funnier still, is that everyone who understands the fish-slapping dance, has had it in the back of their mind for decades, it's become a part of their personal mythology. The fish-slapping dance has thus become serious business.

Using a tin of sardines for the fish-slapping dance is just silly.

cardlady22

I was making a poor joke about the news reports mentioning snow . . .

Actually, I must steel myself against brown-nosing you. I'm sure you are so delightful . . . too delightful!

Anton Tikimirov

This is why we all post desperately to be de-enabled. It doesn't work. Why? because one finds you worthy to be slapped with a fish, and one finds you delightful.

This is confusing to an addict....

Jewel

Anton Tikimirov said:
If only there was a 12 step program.
Actually if you dig through really old threads there was a 12 step program years back ... the problem is that it did not work ... the threads were funny as heck though *LOL*. I bought many a deck while on the program ~chuckles~

MysticalMoose

Get Ready!

Here ya go Nisaba ~ help me cop hold of the tail.......

& watch em quake with FEAR! })})})})

Attachments

• For Slapping With.jpg
    For Slapping With.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 65

nisaba

<tap tap tappedy tap tap tap>

<<<THWAPPP>>>

<tappedy tap tap tap>

Anton Tikimirov

nisaba said:
<tap tap tappedy tap tap tap>

<<<THWAPPP>>>

<tappedy tap tap tap>

I pondered morse code, knew there was a riddle here....

Then, I realised this is the tap dance to the fish slapping?

Am I right?