Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Muvverpeace; novelty shape but bad art.

Id run a mile if someone pulled this deck out to read with...

And anyway, isnīt it a bit passé?
Top   #1291
BrightEye's Avatar
BrightEye  BrightEye is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Oct 2005
Location: Venus
Posts: 27,643
BrightEye 

I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! The art was like the Gilded. At first I thought it was the Tarot of Dreams (silly me!). Well, you'll be happy to hear I just bought dinner. But I can't stop thinking about the deck... It's late night shopping...
Top   #1292
moderndayruth's Avatar
moderndayruth  moderndayruth is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Nov 2006
Location: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Posts: 7,201
moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightEye
I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! ...
You missed such a bargain, BE?! Seriously?! Less than five euros? Only?!
Wouldn't you consider skipping dinner? I mean, they say it does wonders for one's health... and waist... and who needs new pots and pans when the one's they already have are in quite good condition?











Top   #1293
nisaba's Avatar
nisaba  nisaba is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Jan 2009
Location: Proudly Australian
Posts: 61,796
nisaba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderndayruth
You have a pm! ... Lol, but i do want a round deck and i do like this one the most...
<sadly> No, you don't. Popular as all get-out, it's all charm, and no substance. And for once I'm being reasonably serious. I've looked at it today and earlier on, and it really doesn't draw me although I acknowledge it looks really nice. dopn't know why it doesn't draw me, but my judgement is, of course, perfect, so you don't want to get it either.
Top   #1294
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightEye
I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! The art was like the Gilded. At first I thought it was the Tarot of Dreams (silly me!). Well, you'll be happy to hear I just bought dinner. But I can't stop thinking about the deck... It's late night shopping...
I think I know which deck you mean. Ive seen a Gilded clone around. Is it in quite a square box? Ive seen a few here for sale in tabacconists and at first glance it did look like a Ciro deck...
Top   #1295
moderndayruth's Avatar
moderndayruth  moderndayruth is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Nov 2006
Location: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Posts: 7,201
moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
dopn't know why it doesn't draw me, but my judgement is, of course, perfect, so you don't want to get it either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
I think I know which deck you mean. Ive seen a Gilded clone around. Is it in quite a square box? Ive seen a few here for sale in tabacconists and at first glance it did look like a Ciro deck...
*mdr adds to her to-do list: tomorrow call the local bookstore selling low cost decks and order the ToD-like deck*
Top   #1296
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moderndayruth



*mdr adds to her to-do list: tomorrow call the local bookstore selling low cost decks and order the ToD-like deck*
It may not be the same one which BrightEye saw... But I saw a deck a couple of weeks ago. VERY Gilded in style. Square box with square-ish cards. I saw it for sale with magazines and then later saw one for sale on the flea market!

I can assure you MDR, you wouldnīt be tempted...

ETA; even for five pounds or euros or whatever. Ive seen decks cheaper than that at the flea market. Complete ones and I havenīt bought them. I have a very strict sense of my tarot shelf being "sullied" by decks which are not "me" (he says pompously). All collections must have a criteria; "cheap" aint a good one
Top   #1297
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Bet it was the Kudos copy of the Cachet..... I had it on order from Tescos and they told me it was out of stock for ever.....
Top   #1298
cardlady22's Avatar
cardlady22  cardlady22 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 May 2008
Location: southeast, USA
Posts: 22,679
cardlady22 

Save Me! Lo Scarabeo- Dragons Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragons-tarot/

The only thing holding me back was the scans that seemed to be bright red borders. I got a single card of the Hierophant along with a recent trade. The red is actually nice. I *never* think red is nice! And I want the regular size; not the mini. I just had to go buy a new Rubbermaid 5x8 index card box for my increasing collection. I'm not supposed to be buying any (more) decks because the Creative Exchange shipping dates are at the end of the month.
Top   #1299
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardlady22
Save Me! Lo Scarabeo- Dragons Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragons-tarot/

The only thing holding me back was the scans that seemed to be bright red borders. I got a single card of the Hierophant along with a recent trade. The red is actually nice. I *never* think red is nice! And I want the regular size; not the mini. I just had to go buy a new Rubbermaid 5x8 index card box for my increasing collection. I'm not supposed to be buying any (more) decks because the Creative Exchange shipping dates are at the end of the month.
This is one LS deck (in the company of the Witchy, Pagan, Sensual Wicca) which is just a paycheck deck. It's kitschy and boring and ordinary, the one card you have might look nice with a border, but one card a deck does not make... think of 78 of the suckers looking atcha! And dragons shouldn't be crammed that close together, anyway. There are bound to be disputes, which could set fire to your entire collection in its new Rubbermaid index box!

(You fit your whole collection in abox??) I need a bookshelf. . .
Top   #1300
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.