Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Best move (or rather, what Im doing...)

Sit quietly in the wings and listen very carefully and read between the lines when other AT members get theirs and start posting...

Thatīs what Im going to do. Ive also been carried along by all the euphoria before and it is actually surprisingly easy to de-enable oneself. I did it with the Dark Grimoire. I could have sworn I was going to buy that and it still doesnīt tempt me ever since I de-enabled myself. Remember "the best de-enabling comes from within."

The Dame Fortune deck is actually appealing to me less and less with each passing day. This time last week I thought I was going to buy it. Now Im not so sure.

i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...
Top   #1341
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

The thing about Dame Fotrtune's Wheel is that it seems to be trying to do pretty much the same thing as as the LoScarabo Tarot where the Marseilles, RWS and Thoth where all blended in each card. This looks like the blend is Marseilles, RWS and Sola Busca. So if you've got the Lo Scarabo, you don't need this one unless you have a thing for mongrel decks. Or are desperate for the Sola Busca Courts, but you can always look at them on line....in fact, it looks like you can find a great many of these cards on line in other old decks. Isn't that the Estensi World card?
Top   #1342
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
....i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...
yes, get a new modern round marseilles deck instead...
Top   #1343
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

MAGS you are a Bad Girl; this is the DE enabling thread.

Now STOPPIT.

Anyway it's round and TdMs can't be. The Collector Goddess Hath Spoken.
Top   #1344
SolSionnach's Avatar
SolSionnach  SolSionnach is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2006
Location: Third coast, USA
Posts: 3,705
SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
Sit quietly in the wings and listen very carefully and read between the lines when other AT members get theirs and start posting...
The Dame Fortune deck is actually appealing to me less and less with each passing day. This time last week I thought I was going to buy it. Now Im not so sure.
I've done that several times before, and never *EVER* regretted waiting. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...
now Now NOW! You know me and TdMs! Actually, I already have just about every last blamed one that I'd ever need in this lifetime or the next (Dodal, Vieville, Hadar, Fournier, Noblet, Svizzera, Payen - have I forgotten any?), and the D.F.W. deck (dallas-fort worth airport? DFW? lol) is a bastardized thing. Or so it seems. Early adopters seem to love it. Whatevah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9
The thing about Dame Fotrtune's Wheel is that it seems to be trying to do pretty much the same thing as as the LoScarabo Tarot where the Marseilles, RWS and Thoth where all blended in each card. This looks like the blend is Marseilles, RWS and Sola Busca. So if you've got the Lo Scarabo, you don't need this one unless you have a thing for mongrel decks. Or are desperate for the Sola Busca Courts, but you can always look at them on line....in fact, it looks like you can find a great many of these cards on line in other old decks. Isn't that the Estensi World card?
I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and have absolutely no desire to have one. I have the best TdMs, the AGM large Thoth, and the Universal Waite. I don't know about the Sola Busca, but the Charles VI has some lovely trumps. Of course, that's the Estensi - but that deck has the castration scene on the 2/Batons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9
yes, get a new modern round marseilles deck instead...
Oh bother! If I want a modern deck, I've got the Thoth. If I want a *more* modern deck, I can look to Maat, BBC, or Shining Tribe! Or the Ferret! Or... you get the picture.

I have *one* round deck - the Oracle of the Dreamtime - and it's darned hard to shuffle! And I'm selling it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
MAGS you are a Bad Girl; this is the DE enabling thread.

Now STOPPIT.

Anyway it's round and TdMs can't be. The Collector Goddess Hath Spoken.
Ditto!
Top   #1345
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
MAGS you are a Bad Girl; this is the DE enabling thread.

Now STOPPIT.

Anyway it's round and TdMs can't be. The Collector Goddess Hath Spoken.
Very Bad timing on my part. Fine. No more mentions of round Marseilles. Apparently everybody hates them anyway. I will never admit to even thinking of buying one, from this time forward.
Especially since we're all being so terribly serious right now. I thought Sulis said to get back on topic, not Stifle Yourselves.
Top   #1346
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and have absolutely no desire to have one. I have the best TdMs, the AGM large Thoth, and the Universal Waite. I don't know about the Sola Busca, but the Charles VI has some lovely trumps. Of course, that's the Estensi - but that deck has the castration scene on the 2/Batons.
Sravana, you asked for someone to please complete your de-enabling of the Fortuna's Wheel deck. I tried. It was a de-enable attempt, not an attack on your taste, style, or collection. I wasn't suggesting you should run right out and get the Lo Scarabo, Estensi, Viscontis, Charles VI, a bakers dozen of Marseilles, or any other decks. Nor was I suggesting that your deck collection needs any more anything, except--now that I think of it--perhaps more self control on your part. In the end the only real de-enabling is that which takes place within, not in series of quoted bits of posts.

Quote:
Ditto!
Ditto indeed. See reply to gregory's post. Right back atcha.
Top   #1347
SolSionnach's Avatar
SolSionnach  SolSionnach is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2006
Location: Third coast, USA
Posts: 3,705
SolSionnach 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9
Sravana, you asked for someone to please complete your de-enabling of the Fortuna's Wheel deck. I tried. It was a de-enable attempt, not an attack on your taste, style, or collection. I wasn't suggesting you should run right out and get the Lo Scarabo, Estensi, Viscontis, Charles VI, a bakers dozen of Marseilles, or any other decks. Nor was I suggesting that your deck collection needs any more anything, except--now that I think of it--perhaps more self control on your part. In the end the only real de-enabling is that which takes place within, not in series of quoted bits of posts.


Ditto indeed. See reply to gregory's post. Right back atcha.
Oh, I'm afraid I must've been terribly unclear - because the way you read my post wasn't the way I meant it.

That line about having the "best TdMs" (grovel) does sound snotty, doesn't it.

My point was that I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and... something.


Sravana turns off the computer and puts herself in timeout for a bit...
Top   #1348
Queen of Pentacle's Avatar
Queen of Pentacle  Queen of Pentacle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Nov 2005
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 786
Queen of Pentacle 

Sure, I would like to be de-enabled from the Pamela coleman Smith Commemorative deck... And the Paulina tarot
And maybe the Legacy of the Divine...

If only...
Top   #1349
magpie9's Avatar
magpie9  magpie9 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 07 Nov 2002
Location: High Desert, Small City, hold the Chilli
Posts: 7,733
magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravana
Oh, I'm afraid I must've been terribly unclear - because the way you read my post wasn't the way I meant it.

That line about having the "best TdMs" (grovel) does sound snotty, doesn't it.

My point was that I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and... something.


Sravana turns off the computer and puts herself in timeout for a bit...
Thank you for the lovely grovel....you were just off your center. Musta been too much coffee or too little coffee or a flurry of allergies or something like that. Come on back out of the corner, cutie, and say awful things about some wretched excuse for a deck.

Maybe the Paulina? What were they thinking? Baaad wispy art and all the cards look the same.
Top   #1350
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us.