A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

Forgive me - I'm a virgin at this Inserting Links Properly thing. Lemme have a go...

Has anyone seen this?

Opinions? I can see what they're trying to do - all charm and light and scenery, but the actual models they used as the character cards annoy me for reasons I've not looked at too closely. And they claim on the site that it's not a RW clone, but aside from that strange card between the Hermit and Strength, they all seem flatly RW to me, even more so in the minors, where every card has a direct reference to RW symbolism, not just to the meanings of the cards.

I don't mind RW clones - i own several of them. I just don't like it when they pretend not to be.

I notice Jeannette doesn't have it up on her site yet - this is a Good Thing, perhaps. Gregory, has it weaselled its way into your deck collection yet?

nisaba

nisaba said:
Forgive me - I'm a virgin at this Inserting Links Properly thing. Lemme have a go...

Has anyone seen this?
Yay! It worked! I'm not a virgin any more!

Manda

thorhammer said:
Quester: etc.

I have it and am desperately trying to sell it on eBay. About to relist (in case de-enabling fails you, CD :D). The whole set will take up as much space as about eight decks on your shelf - it's huge! The book is a waste of time. It purports to find this seamless and highly meaningful (*choke*) way to blend Native American culture with . . . with . . . with KABBALAH!!!! What?? Yeah, I was confused, too. It's shite.

But mine comes with a pretty matching bag . . . :D ROFL

\m/ Kat

Haha silly girl I was this close to buying it from you just for giggles, just to see it. Guess I won't now :)

gregory

nisaba said:
Yay! It worked! I'm not a virgin any more!
I never knew it was your first time...... })

Now seriously - that link brings up a "how to leave facebook" for me. Oh, OK, then I can go from there, and....

Oh. OK - I have an Enochian, but that isn't it. Whose is this ? I see her cat reads with the Voyager !

nisaba

gregory said:
I never knew it was your first time...... })
<sigh> I know I left it a bit late in life ... call me inhibited ...

gregory said:
Oh. OK - I have an Enochian, but that isn't it. Whose is this ? I see her cat reads with the Voyager !
Well, this is all getting a bit surreal.

Cat*

nisaba said:
Has anyone seen this?
Wow. :bugeyed:

I admit, I do love the proud and very serious olympic penguins. *snort*

Other than that, it's incredibly bad photocollage. I am a little tempted to buy one for the hours of amusement I'd get from bad-mouthing every single card of this. So it might be good for cheering up depressed people - the sheer absurdity of nearly all the images and the glorious trashiness of it should see to that. Please tell me it's also meant to be chock-full of esoteric symbolism... *snortle*

nisaba

Cat* said:
Please tell me it's also meant to be chock-full of esoteric symbolism... *snortle*
<obligingly> It's also meant to be chock-full of esoteric symbolism

gregory

nisaba said:
<sigh> I know I left it a bit late in life ... call me inhibited ...

Well, this is all getting a bit surreal.
The deck reminds me of that VILE photographic RWS which is blasted on a thread here somewhere.... I see it isn't for sale yet; something about getting the book copyrighted.... Verily let us de-enable in advance. All together now - YUK !

ETA - about the chock full stuff:

This is the first book to challenge the currently accredited magic system of the Golden Dawn. Have you ever wondered why the Sun card is the Sun card, but the Moon card is not the Moon card, rather Pisces? Why is Death not a Skeleton but a Scorpion? Why is the Fool not the Fool, but Air? And why is Strength transposed with Justice? It is because the system that assigns astrological correspondences based upon the Hebrew Book of Creation, Sepher Yetzirah, was purposefully confounded by the Golden Dawn before release to the general public, and was not the one used by the inner adepts. This book strips to the core this doctrine, to revamp and restore western magic in all its rudimentary purpose and power. New assignment of the Sepher Yetzirah to the tarot - with new planetary and zodiacal association for the major arcana, revealing the true astrological affiliation and secret structure to the cabala, along with a new system of decans and stellar constellations applicable to the minor arcana. Colorized versions of Enochian magick mandalas - bringing to life The Sigilum De Aemeth, Holy City, 4 Watchtowers, and 30 Ethers. An Anthology of Enochian Magick, Ancient Egyptian Astronomy, Mythology, and Lore - text is augmented with novel artifacts such as Enochian chess set with unique playing card deck, Enochian cube reflecting watchtowers in 3 dimensions, and Enochian pyramids reflecting the northern and southern heavens. Enochian magick for the new eon - includes a magic formula to calculate your own astrology chart, with planet positions, sun, moon, and rising sign, and precise date and time of the dawning of the age of Aquarius. Consistent with the works of Revelations, Exodus, Tetrabiblos, The Vision and the Voice, Book of Occult Philosophy, and Book of Thoth, target audience is dedicated for, but not necessarily limited to, students of Enochian magick, including societies of the Golden Dawn, Ordo Templi Orientis, Gnostic Church, and Dr John Dee.

Chock enough for you ?

nisaba

gregory said:
about the chock full stuff:

"This book strips to the core this doctrine, to revamp and restore western magic in all its rudimentary purpose and power."

Chock enough for you ?
Oh, great. Consider the entire population of Australia de-enabled.

nisaba

gregory said:
Verily let us de-enable in advance. All together now - YUK !
Damn, and I didn't notice until right now, the UFO-as-Judgement card! Honestly, it's almost worth buying for that alone!